I'll Wait Here for You in My Time of Dying

Chapter Six

“I need to pee,” Lyndsey announced as she rushed into my house. “And then we are talking about this ghost business!”

I simply watched as one of my baby sisters shot passed me and run up my stairs before I turned and looked at my other baby sister who was leaning up against the doorframe and giggling.

“You told her?” I whined a little.

Sarah grinned and nodded, shrugging slightly as she kicked my front door shut and came over to me.

“Lyndsey’s worried about you,” Sarah pointed out. “Hell, everyone is. Just be glad I didn’t tell the guys.”

I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen, not missing the way Lesia gave me an amused smirk before disappearing as Lyndsey came running into the kitchen.

“You can sit,” Lyndsey stated as she pointed between me and one of the barstools and then pointed at Sarah. “You can make drinks. And I’m going to make us all something to eat. And we are going to talk about all this stuff Sarah has been telling me about.”

I sat down where she’d told me to, not about to argue with Lyndsey considering she’d just told us that she was going to cook. Considering I couldn’t be bothered to make myself anything and take away had been looking particularly attractive to me, I let Lyndsey take control.

They both spoke over one another as they worked, laughing and giggling at stories that they never finished explaining. I’d always found it confusing watching my sisters when they were together like this. I never knew what they were talking about, which is why I usually sat in silence. Sometimes I didn’t want to know what they were talking about seeing as I did ask once and it turned out that they’d been laughing about carrots...

“So...ghosts...or rather one ghost...called Lesia?”

I looked over at Lyndsey before looking at Sarah quickly. Sarah simply shrugged before shoving some bread in her mouth so she didn’t have to talk. I rolled my eyes and looked back to Lyndsey, shrugging slightly.

“What do you want me to say to that?”

“I don’t know,” Lyndsey sighed. “This is just freaky okay? This stuff doesn’t exist, hence why we always ripped it out of Sarah for what she believed in.”

Sarah scoffed and muttered something before slumping down on to one of the stools. Lyndsey ignored her and simply stared at me, obviously waiting for me to say something.

“What?”

Lyndsey rolled her eyes before going back to whatever she was making. I looked at Sarah who simply shrugged as she began to sip at the drink she’d made for herself.

“I thought you were meant to be making drinks for all of us,” I mentioned.

Sarah shrugged once more. “Couldn’t be bothered.”

I stared at her for a second before sighing and getting up so I could get myself a drink.

“Matt,” Lyndsey whined as I opened the fridge and grabbed myself a beer.

“I don’t know what you want me to say Lyndsey,” I told her. “You don’t believe in this stuff so really, you’re just going to think I’m a complete nutcase for thinking any of this.”

Lyndsey shrugged and leant against the counter as she kicked my oven door closed, her arms crossing over her chest.

“I don’t know what I want you to say. I want to...God, I don’t know. This is just way out of my depth,” she muttered and shook her head before looking over at Sarah. “Why did you have to believe in all this crap? If you didn’t talk about this kind of thing then Matt would have just thought he was going insane. Insanity I can deal with. Having a brother who’s completely off his fucking rocker...piece of cake. But a ghost? Nope, sorry but that’s just...”

She trailed off and waved her hands about around her head before letting them fall down to her sides. Sarah looked at me and then at Lyndsey.

“It’s this?” Sarah asked and mimicked Lyndsey’s waving. “That doesn’t make any sense. And I’m sorry for being open to there being other things in this world. I’m sorry that I don’t think that this is just it. But don’t fucking blame me for Matt thinking these things. It’s not like you don’t watch Most Haunted as well.”

“That’s different. That programme is so obviously scripted,” Lyndsey pointed out, aggravation beginning to slip through her words. “And I’m not fucking blaming you and I’m sorry that you don’t think my waving made sense but I don’t understand what’s going on here.”

Sarah rolled her eyes. “That doesn’t give you the excuse to fucking attack what I believe in.”

“I’m not attacking...” Lyndsey exclaimed but I tuned out as Lesia appeared beside me.

“Don’t let them fight Matt,” she stated as she looked over at my sisters before looking at me.

I shrugged. “What do you want me to do?”

Lesia looked at me for a second before rolling her eyes and disappearing again. I sighed and ran a hand down my face, listening to Sarah and Lyndsey again as they began to shout over one another.

“Hey!” I shouted but wasn’t heard so I tried once more, and this time louder. “Hey!”

I slammed my hands down onto the counter beside Sarah, making her jump and glare at me. I grinned at her before pointing between the two.

“This is a fucking stupid fight you two are having so pack it in,” I told them. “Sarah, I don’t think Lyndsey meant to make it sound like she was making fun of the things you believe in. And Lyndsey? I understand that you don’t get what’s going on here...to be fucking honest neither do I. But what the hell is the point in fighting over it?”

Both girls pouted and crossed their arms over their chests before muttering a ‘sorry’ to me.

“I’m not dad,” I pointed out to them. “So you can cut the sulking teenager crap with me.”

Lyndsey rolled her eyes before looking over at Sarah and smiling sheepishly.

“Sorry sis,” she voiced, holding her arms open for a peace offering hug.

Sarah chuckled and stood up, hugging Lyndsey. “Sorry too.”

“Right,” I declared and clapped my hands together. “Now that, that is sorted...do you want to look at our food? Because it seems to be burning.”

Lyndsey squeaked and pushed Sarah away from her, who began to laugh. Lyndsey pulled the oven door open and grabbed up an oven cloth before grabbing the dish from inside and throwing it on the side as she hissed a little bit. She pouted and threw the cloth over the top of it before turning to me.

“Take out?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I love Taylor = )
Hope you all liked it!!
Comments make me feel giddy =D x