I'll Wait Here for You in My Time of Dying

Chapter Eight

Matt’s P.O.V

I opened the front door as I walked back into the house after my morning run, my T-shirt hanging out of the back of my shorts.

“That’s what a girl likes to see walking into her house.”

I chuckled and looked over to see Lesia sitting on the stairs.

“My house,” I corrected her.

Lesia stuck her tongue out at me before disappearing and then reappearing beside me, making me jump.

“Would you stop fucking doing that?” I grumbled and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Lesia giggled as she followed me. “I’m sorry but it’s funny making a guy who looks like you jump like a little girl.”

I grumbled a little bit more and playfully growled at her before jogging up the stairs in order to have a shower.

It had been a week since Lesia and I had confided in one another about bits of our past and since then I’d rarely left the house. I didn’t really have any need to. The band was having time off and so I had no business to take care of. And I wasn’t really in the mood for socialising at all. Telling Lesia about Ashley had opened up my slowly healing wounds and all I wanted was to be alone. It wasn’t completely fair on my sisters or my friends but they would just have to deal with it.

I stood under the water and closed my eyes as I tilted my head back, letting the water just run down me for a few moments before I started actually washing myself. Once I was finished I blindly groped for the towel, my eyes snapping open as it was passed to me around the shower curtain. I wrapped it around my waist and stepped out of the shower to find Lesia sitting on the toilet and grinning.

“Pervert,” I chuckled before wiping some of the steam off of the mirror so I could shave.

“I’m not a pervert,” she defended herself, crossing her arms over her chest. “I didn’t see anything. It wasn’t like I was sitting there watching you. I was sitting here, not being able to see anything, waiting for you to finish because I’m bored.”

She ended on a bit of a groan and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I bet you snuck a peek.”

Lesia blushed a little and I was slightly surprised that she could. Though I’d seen her cry so I didn’t see why she wouldn’t be able to blush. There were so many things I didn’t understand about being a ghost.

“I knew it,” I smirked before smoothing some shaving cream over my jaw.

I raised my razor and began to shave, feeling Lesia’s stare on me as I did. It was odd to me how comfortable I felt around Lesia. She was the only girl, other than the ones already in my life, that I felt comfortable around since the whole thing with Ashley happened. Yet I didn’t feel any kind of romantic feeling towards her. As strange as it sounded, Lesia seemed to be turning into one of my best friends.

“Matt!” Was suddenly screamed through my house, making me cut my jaw slightly.

I growled in frustration, not rushing to see why my sisters were screaming because I knew it was going to be nothing. They were probably here just to tear me a new one for disappearing for a week. Lesia was giggling as I muttered various curse words from under my breath and finished shaving.

“Matt!” Was screamed again but this time I was prepared and didn’t cut myself.

Once I was finished I splashed water over my face and then quickly brushed my teeth seeing as Sarah and Lyndsey were now singing my name loudly.

“Jesus Christ you two!” I shouted as I jogged down the stairs, not caring in the slightest that I was only in my towel.

“Ew,” Lyndsey squealed and covered her eyes. “That is not something I wanted to see.”

“Aw, Matt, you’re bleeding,” Sarah pouted. “Haven’t you learnt how to shave carefully yet?”

I heard two snorts of laughter and finally clocked on to the fact that Brian and Jason were also here.

“I’m starting to hate visits from you two,” I told my sisters, making them both pout once more.

I ignored them and turned to go back up the stairs. I looked to the top and saw that Lesia was standing there with an amused smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes and walked straight through her and to my bedroom. We had discovered in the last week that for some reason we couldn’t actually touch one another. She didn’t understand this since she could become solid enough to move furniture. It was just another mystery for her to contend with.

“Matt,” Lyndsey whined from downstairs. “Hurry up. We have plans.”

“Yeah slowpoke,” Sarah chimed in. “We don’t have all day!”

I glared at the wall for a second before pulling on some jeans and a random T-shirt. I went back downstairs as they began singing my name again, coming to the conclusion that my sisters were in one of those moods that meant they had to piss me off in some way.

“What?” I snapped. “What do you want?”

“Now, now Mattie,” Lyndsey giggled as she slowly walked over to me and wrapped both her arms around one of mine. “We come with good news.”

I cocked an eyebrow and looked at her before looking over at Sarah as she stood there and grinned at me. I looked over at Brian and Jason for help but they both shrugged.

“Good news?”

Sarah nodded. “We, being your wonderful sisters, have found you someone.”

“Found me someone?” I asked incredulously.

Lyndsey smiled up at me. “We met this girl the other day who is perfect for you.”

I groaned a little and pulled my arm out of Lyndsey’s grip.

“As much as I appreciate the gesture I’m really not...”

“Looking to see anyone at the moment,” Sarah finished my sentence, rolling her eyes slightly. “We know. But we don’t care.”

“True,” Lyndsey affirmed.

I looked between them and shook my head. “No. I’m not going out on a blind date.”

“Why not?” Lyndsey sighed in frustration.

“Well...for one, we don’t have the same taste in people,” I pointed out, gesturing over to Jason and Brian.

“Hey!” Jason protested. “They have awesome taste.”

“Yeah dude. Can’t get any better than us,” Brian added with a smug grin.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my sisters.

“My answers no.”

“Well tough,” Sarah started.

“You,” Lyndsey finished and poked me in the chest, quite hard too. “Have to get out of this house. You have holed yourself up for a week, talking to yourself.”

I looked at her before looking at Sarah who was giggling before turning my attention back to Lyndsey as she flicked my in the forehead.

“And it’s not healthy. So you are going to shower, eat and you are going to meet this girl because she is fucking gorgeous, has an awesome personality and will make your life worth living again.”

I cocked an eyebrow as I looked down at my slightly irate baby sister.

“You sure you don’t want to go out with her?”

Lyndsey narrowed her eyes at me before waving her hands about above her head and stomping her foot.

“You’re impossible,” she shrieked and turned on her heel, grabbing Brian’s hand and dragging him from my house.

I could still hear Brian’s laughter even when the front door had closed.

“I have been showering,” I grumbled and crossed my arms over my chest.

Sarah giggled and took Jason’s hand in her own before walking over to me. She held out a small piece of paper to me so I took it from her, unfolding it to find a name and a number.

“She really is lovely. Don’t feel like you should phone her but,” Sarah shrugged. “I think she’ll do you some good.”

I nodded slightly before looking at Sarah as she kissed my cheek.

“See you later.”

“See you,” I muttered and looked down at the paper as I heard the front door open and close again.

I walked into the kitchen and put the paper down on the counter before moving about to make myself some breakfast.

“Taylor Lawrence,” Lesia voiced. “Nice name.”

I looked over at her as Lesia slid the paper towards me and then slid the phone towards me.

“Give her a call,” she insisted.

I frowned and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Why not?”

“I just...I’m not ready to put myself out there again.”

“Matt,” Lesia started and looked at me in all seriousness. “You sound like a freaking girl.”

I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms over my chest. Lesia grinned innocently before scooting around the island so she was resting against it opposite me.

“I know what Ashley did was crummy...well not crummy...but possibly one of the worst things ever,” Lesia concluded. “But it was eight months ago Matt. I know it’s hard but you won’t know if you can move on if you don’t try.”

I sighed, knowing she was right. But it was easier said than done. Lesia smiled a little sympathetically at me before chucking the phone at me. I caught it and looked at her.

“Just think about it,” she suggested quietly before fading from sight.

I stared at the phone before looking to the floor as the paper fluttered down. I crouched down and picked it up, wondering if this would be the right thing to do.

“What have you got to lose?” Lesia asked, though she wasn’t showing herself.

With that in mind I found my fingers moving over the buttons on the phone before I was holding the phone to my ear, my heart thumping loudly.

“Hello?” A gentle voice answered.

I swallowed, suddenly becoming very nervous.

“Hello?”

I looked to the kitchen doorway as Lesia appeared once more, grinning at me with her thumbs up.

“Hey, is this Taylor Lawrence?” I voiced.

“Yeah. Who’s this?”

“I’m Matt. My sisters gave me your number.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Because Taylor batted her eyelashes enough = ) And look, Taylor, you have appeared...all be it just in voice form. But you've appeared!! Tee hee.
Hope you all liked this one!!!
Comments make me giddy = ) x