Saved Within Her...

Saved

Frozen within himself, he found it hard to move. Hard to think...hard to breathe. He felt regret for his arrogance, regret for not being able to finish things he longed to do. Like a mirror of himself he began to see all of the things that he had done. Faster and faster the memories began to weave through his mind until finally they slowed down when the image of her surfaced. She was smiling, always smiling. He wanted to reach out and touch her but his body did not respond. It seemed that she was moving closer and closer to him though until finally he saw her where he last left her... the crystal formed around her body had shattered and darkness shadowed over her face.

"Lacrimosa..." He whispered.

Light fell through the darkness of his mind and then she came forward, through the hall where his enemies had left him for dead. Light illuminated all around her, making her seem more welcoming than the darkness he had spent all of his time in. She stopped at his side, kneeling down and then smiled softly. "Hello, Tom." She quietly said, her voice almost echoed, ringing out in his ears as the most heavenly sound he heard. "It's been such a long time..." She reached out a hand resting it upon his shoulder. "I'm sorry, for everything... and that I couldn't fight it."

He could see a faint glimmer at the corner of her eyes. He wanted to reach up and steal those tears away before she could spill them. 'Please don't cry...Lacri, you never cry.' He cursed himself as he watched her tears streamed down her face, something that he never wanted to see. He never wanted to hear her cry.

"But..." she murmured placing two hands upon his chest. "It's my turn, to try and save you as you tried for me so long ago. You know... even though you may have not truly loved me then."
Curse himself, he wanted to shake his head, and force himself up, grasp her and stop her from her foolish nonsense. After so many years... after all of his hard work he still wanted her to be by his side. And he had failed her, even now...with a fool's death. He wanted to live forever with her. His mind stopped as she spoke again...addressing his thoughts. "I couldn't tell you then, because my words were not reaching you... you were blinded by the mask known as Voldemort." She tilted her head to one side slowly raising her hands from his chest. He could feel something tug at him, and he was rising up.
"But maybe now, you can understand, that when I said 'I love you'. I truly meant those words, because you gave me something to hope for."

Tom found himself sitting up now, gazing into her beautiful sea green eyes. He found that there was feeling again... there was warmth once more. He could see himself in the reflection of her glassy eyes. He was whole again, no longer the deformed snake-like body of Voldemort. How was this possible? How was it so? He reached forward, grasping Lacrimosa's wrists, hoping that she wouldn't disappear, hoping that this wasn't a dream. The light around her faded, and she lowered her head as she stood. He stood with her, finding that his deformed shell was still on the ground.

Voldemort was dead...

Tom Riddle still lived.

His eyes lingered over what used to be himself until finally he looked back towards Lacrimosa. "How-"

"Love..." She murmured. "You know love now." She looked up towards him with a weak smile. "You've always known it, but never have realized it until now. I saved what I knew of you inside myself, just before i died."

"Death never claimed you though." Tom replied. He dropped her wrists, taking her by the shoulders and shook her, "You never died...after all of these years."

Silently, she nodded. "I just dreamed...of everything. And with those dreams I fought to save you. And now here we are today, together and alive again. Death in inevitable, Tom... but the truth is, in the afterlife we can still be with each other, I've seen it."
Would he believe her? Everything about her flooded into his mind. Every word she spoke, every time they touched. Her beautiful face, and the way she smelled. White plums.
He looked down at her, touching her face with a single finger. This was all very real now, and she had given him a second chance to be with her.

"It won't happen again?" He asked in a hushed voice.

She shook her head, "We are free... free to be with each other."

Tom lowered his hands, careful not to let her touch escape his just in case she might disappear. He took her hand into his, with a smile. "Let's go then... I want to hear everything."
She nodded slowly, and turned with him, their backs away from Voldemort. "Lacrimosa." Tom murmured, pulling her back. He reached around her pulling her into a deep kiss, tasting her sweet lips. When he pulled away, the two of them smiled to each other, joining hands once more, and walked down the hall, disappearing in a gentle breeze of white light.