Status: Updating ch7

Lucifer's Angel

Chapter I

It's a hot day here in Chico, California.

The sun beat down on our side of the world, bringing out the colors of the community. The trees are thriving, a new vibrance and life gleaming off of their leaves. One could definitely say, the angels are singing today. A myriad of people were walking about, smiles and laughter ringing in the air. There are people tanning their bodies in the parks, others going to the local ice cream parlor with their friends or significant other. So many people, so many choices. So much ignorance.

There is only one reason I can appreciate this type of weather: the countless opportunities to grab some quick cash.

I tilted my head back, my sunglasses barely protecting my eyes from the glare of the sun. I sighed as the targets all continued to walk by me, off to do whatever would please them at this moment. Me? I just sat on a bench, like some shady bum, clad in blue jeans and a black belted jacket. And if I don't find my opportunity soon, I'll most likely die from heatstroke.

With a grunt, I shifted into a healthier position on the bench. Blond strands fell into my darkened eyesight and I immediately shoved them into my dark baseball cap; those strands were only to get in my way of spotting prey. I need to pay off my debt, so I'd best focus and reel in my fish soon. Hmm... and I just spotted my perfect pray. Champion Christian School just let out and those teens were going to look for excitement after classes. Excitement costs money. And money excites me.

My eyes landed on a lone girl. Upon study, she looked very well groomed. She has long hair that swayed behind her; an albino perhaps, for her hair was more white than blond. Her skin is very fair and her uniform only made her appear larger than she really was. Getting off of the bench, I stalked about ten feet behind her, assessing the situation. Shall I take that bag of hers now in public or wait till we are more secluded? Do I follow her to her home and rob, and maybe kill, her family? Or shall I drag her away and rape her? Make her scream for the God she foolishly prays to every night? Mmm... yes... destroy her world forever. Oh, the options.

However, my train of thoughts was interrupted by her sudden and abrupt stop in the middle of the sidewalk. I paused mid step. Will she scream and expose me for who I am? Slowly, she turned around and looked up at me. I gulped, her eyes... they confused me. They are large and beautiful eyes; they're a grayed-blue completely encircled in a green border. But it was what they were saying that unnerved me. Those eyes held worry, concern and fear... for me.

"Please..." a meek voice escaped from her, "you're in danger!" The girl ran up to me, my tall stature shrinking her till she was just below my chest. "Your halo! It's almost black! You're going to die! You're going to die... God, help you! Gabriel, help him! Help him... ah!"

I grasped her shoulders and shoved her away from me, ripping her bag away from her. How did I get stuck with a nutcase like her? Halos? Aren't those for the already dead? Ugh, I could deliberate on the psychotic notions of a school girl or I could run away with my prize.

I choose to run.

"Hey! Stop that man!"

"Did he just push that girl?"

"Oh my Lord!"

"Come back here!"


Those witnesses could scream all they want; I can't be caught for a petty crime, not after all the horrendous acts I've committed. Viva Varrio Chico Norte, bitches!

"Please! I need my bag!"

Ah, hell. I glanced over my should to the girl chasing after me. There's no doubt I could out run her... but what's the fun in that?

I slowed my pace down enough for her to be about a yard away from me. I'm curious about how long she was willing to chase me for a bag? Only one way to find out.

Just. Keep. Running.

....................Image

It was a hot day here in Chico, California.

The sun is falling down on our side of the world, hiding away the colors of the community. The clouds took on a multitude of colors, signaling the time of sleep. Obviously, this girl is not getting the memo. It has been about 3 hours of continuous chase and the girl refuses to give up. Frankly, I'm used to the stamina required for this chase; I have been bred for tough situations. This girl looks frail and has probably never been made to run more than a mile. However, she has slowed significantly since the beginning of our little run around the city. We were currently running alongside a road circling a small mountain. I believe we have reached the outskirts of Chico by now. What was driving her to follow me: her bag or her notions that I'm going to die?

"Ow!"

It didn't take much for me to slow to a complete stop, seeing as how I was barely running and all. Reaching up, I removed my now unnecessary sunglasses and turned to see what happened to the girl. She was on the ground panting, a hand resting on her scraped knee. Well now. This seems quite anti-climatic after such a long chase.

I pressed my fingers onto my eyes and pulled off the brown contacts that disguised my blue irises. Am I really going to do what I'm about to do?

The girl's head lifted when I stepped in front of her. We both just... stared at each other for a moment. There are no thoughts behind it, just a silent moment that seemed so peaceful with the sun's orange rays reflecting on our skin.

Finally, I shut my eyes and let the strap slip from my shoulder. The thud of the bag crashing to the ground echoed in the silence; the wind having silenced in a strange respect for this moment. I opened my eyes and stared monotonously at her. She looked slightly confused. Yet, she seemed to be proud of me.

That made me sick to my core.

"You have a chance to repent. Your halo just healed slightly. If you do good deeds maybe you can be sav..."

"Shut up." I interrupted. I glowered down at her. "Your religious shit means nothing to me. You need help, with your shit about halos. Repenting means nothing, it doesn't change a thing. I won't be your little saint: I'm the motherfucking devil's advocate for all I care."

I turned away and began my trek back to Chico. Today was a complete waste; all that running and I didn't even get a dime. The wind began to pick up again so I pulled my cap down to hold my wig in place. For tonight, I can't pay off my debt. So, tomorrow will be a long day.

It's a cold night here in Chico, California.

....................Image

"Miss Cara Spell... Cara, wake up!"

Cara's gray eyes snapped open at the sound of Sister Catherine's voice. Those eyes slowly traveled up the long blue robe to the Sister's obviously upset face.

"I'm sorry Sister, I got home very late last night..."

"You should know better than to fall asleep during Bible Studies, Miss Cara!"

With that said, Sister Catherine turned and walked back over to her desk and resumed her explanation of the Genesis. Cara released a quiet sigh and pushed her hair out of her face. Nothing she could do would get her mind off of the condemned soul she'd met not even twenty-four hours ago. It broke her heart to see someone as young as him already doomed to be taken into Lucifer's dark world of fire and hate. To be doomed to ever lasting torture. She'd seen the halo that resided over his head. It was pitch black, it's last bit of good was its tainted aura; it was once pure white, but now it was an old gray color. The guy will die if he commits one more sin, and she felt compelled to save him. That's why she followed him for hours.

"Hey Cara, you OK?" she heard a female voice ask from behind her. Cara turned her head to see Lisa Waters attempting to look concerned for her well being. Cara would have ignored the deceiving girl, but she knows people must be kind to others.

"Yes," she replied feebly back. Cara turned her head back to her desk, listening to the small giggles coming from the girls behind her. Lisa's halo wasn't in any way in danger, but it was the not the pure color every person has at birth. In this time, people constantly sin. It's the horrendous sins of murder and thievery that blackens it to the point where you are sucked into Hell. What has that man done to have such a damaged halo?

"Well, if you want to talk about it, Cara, you can talk to me," Lisa whispered, patting Cara's back.

Cara glanced over at Lisa again. The girl wore too much make up; her face was begging for a specific type of attention. She also has bleached hair; she actually has black hair that Cara thought was neat back in grade school.

Cara nodded at Lisa before, once again, looking down at her notebook. She tried to ignore the muffled giggles that ensued and picked up her pencil. Scratching it away at her notebook, a drawing eventually emerged on the paper. It was the condemned man in the position he was when they both stared at each other. He'd towered over her so much; he was in a guess about six feet three inches. Cara glanced down at her bandaged knee and smiled a little.

Chong... Chong....

"Class dismissed. God bless you all... Miss Spell, could you please stay a moment?"

Cara nodded and watched her classmates bustle out of the classroom. She looked at all the halos floating above them, thinking about how none of them held that perfect glow. As soon as the students had abandoned the classroom, Cara walked guiltily over to Sister Catherine's desk.

"Cara, what happened to you last night? You were out of it all day," Sister asked, concerned.

"Oh... well..." Cara said unsurely. "I had my school bag stolen yesterday... but I got it back so everything's OK."

Sister Catherine stared suspiciously at her.

"Are you sure it's not related to your issue? Cara, we've been over this. You need to keep your hallucinations to yourself."

Cara felt her head drop. She knew those halos weren't hallucinations... they couldn't be.

"Yes, Sister Catherine," she responded solemnly.

"Good. You're free to go now," Sister said. Cara nodded, grabbed her bag and moved to leave.

"Oh, Miss Cara, what is in your hair?"

....................Image

"Yeah, I know Arturo. You'll get your God-damned money. Have I ever failed?"

"No... you haven't. You're one of the best. Just get the money to me sometime this week, you hear me Luce!?"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I responded, closing my cell phone. While shoving it into my pocket, I pulled out a cigarette and lit it with my 'handy dandy' lighter. Once lit, I inhaled and blew the pollution out into the star covered sky. The wind blew it away and made the tree I sat in shiver. I've been up here scoping out this fancy house for signs of life. And judging by the movements inside, there is only one person occupying the house at this time. That house is just begging me to rob it.

I inhaled once more before putting out the bud and shoving it into my pocket. Number one rule: leave no evidence. Using my forearms, I propelled myself out of the tree and made my way over to the house. One of the first floor windows is unlocked; an easy entrance. I pulled my black beanie down on my dark hair and made sure my gloves were on securely. After a quick check on my disguise, I quietly pushed open the window and slid in.

Time to prowl.

The ground floor was dark; the only source of light came from upstairs. For now though, I'll raid the ground floor, and delay my next victim's death. Reaching into the back of my pants, I silently pulled out a wool laundry bag. If I were to use a trash bag, it would cause way too much noise. And noise, obviously, is not a good thing. I placed a small flashlight between my teeth and and began to search silently through the living room for some goodies.

There are a few interesting pieces that could fetch me some good money, like this porcelain elephant I found sitting on top of the fireplace mantel. I dashed past the stairs silently and checked out the kitchen. I found some china plates tucked away in a cabinet and I carefully took the time to wrap them in paper towels, same with the elephant, and put them away into the bag. There were a few rooms on the first floor as well, but they were empty besides a bed or a dresser.

And so it's time.

I pulled the flashlight out of my mouth and flicked it off before trading it for a Swiss army knife and began my silent stalk up the stairs. I turned a corner to the right at the top and saw a light coming from beneath the door at the end of the hall.

This is it, I get to kill again. It's been a while and I tend not to care for the mess of killing. Besides, I'm not at fault here; it's this person's for being in the house I want to rob.

I leaned up against the door and listened. The TV was on, which could help muffle their screams from the neighbors. I couldn't hear any movement so I supposed this person must be in the land of dreams. Well... here it goes.

With every fiber in my body, I rammed myself into the door and watched as it collapsed from the force of it all. It's very useful being tall and strong sometimes. My eyes glanced away from the broken door and up to the person that cowered on the bed. My body froze instantly.

Just my luck.

"What... the fuck!"

It's that fucking crazy girl! Why the fuck did it have to be her?

The girl's gray eyes widened and, even though she was obviously scared, pulled her nightgown down farther just in case to hide herself from me. Somehow, regardless of the situation, that made me fight down a smile. This is not a situation to get all 'smiley' about.

"No... no why! Why did you do this?!" she cried, sliding off the bed and running towards me.
Shit. I turned and ran back down the hall; I had to get away from her. I had to.

"No!" she cried once more. It was the last normal thing I heard before the heat enveloped me. I looked down to see the ground give out from under me and reveal a flaming passage. Hungry, demonic eyes glared fiercely at me as gravity started to suck me in. I reached out, trying to grasp onto the ledge of the floor when the girl appeared again. She grabbed onto my arm, trying to keep me from going in all the way. I gulped, sweat was pouring down my face from the unbearable heat. Was she right? How could this happen? I'm Luce! I can't be dragged down to Hell, literally! I looked down as my phone and bag fell into the demon frenzy. Like some sick Sci-Fi, their arms extended and grasped onto my legs, dragging me down farther.

"I can't... I can't hold on!"

I looked back up at the girl again. She looked like she was in a lot of pain, sweat from the force and heat invading her. I only noticed it now... her hair has been cut short, about to her shoulders. Fuck. Why now do I have to feel guilt? The girl doesn't deserve to be dragged down here, she is a real saint. However, this was going to happen to me eventually, I knew it.

I accept it.

"Let go."

She opened her eyes and stared at me before slowly shaking her head.

"I said let go! Just fucking let go!" I screamed at her. What kind of crazy shit is she?! I'm actually trying to save her, why can't she just accept it and let this demented man die?

"No!" she cried back. Suddenly I felt a large tug on my foot and I watched as she fell over the ledge. Using pure instinct and reflex, I grasped onto her body with one arm and caught the edge of the floor board to hold us up. It felt like every muscle and tendon in my arm was being ripped apart as I fought to hold on against the claws of a demon pulling me away. I stopped squinting long enough to peek down at the girl. She was completely out cold... and her breathing was labored.

"Fucking..." I growled. I clenched my teeth together and tried to lift us up closer to the floor. Just when I was almost able to put her onto the floor, a human shaped arm grabbed one of my legs and yanked me back down. A sickening crack ripped out of my shoulder and I screamed; intense pain shooting throughout my whole body. Am I seriously about to be beaten by some motherfucking Satan bitch?!

"Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! God! You fucking piece of shit GOD! I'm talking to you!" I screamed towards the roof of the home. If that fucker was real, he better listen to me.

"You let this girl go to Hell then you're a failure of a worshiping figure! People put their faith in you and if you let just one of your believers die like this than no one should believe in a fuck like you! You hear me!? Get her out so I can go kick Satan's ass without having to protect her! You got me!? HEY!"

I blinked as I heard this odd inward laugh coming from the flames below me. That shit Satan better not think this is amusing.

"God, help her!" I yelled one last time, before the floorboard I fought so hard to hold onto gave way and we fell into the fire...
♠ ♠ ♠
This took 3 hours to type up. How insane. Anyways, yes this is my new story. Don't worry, this is NOT a one-shot. I left this off in a cliff hanger. We'll be seeing more of Cara and Luce, I promise. Tell me what you think!