Just To Prove That I Adore

Are you near me?

I nervously said hi to Pete, and suggested that we go to our first lesson. He agreed, and I waked away – swaying my hips in a flirtatious manner. Then, I turned around to see if Pete was watching, and he swiftly bought his glance back up to my face.

“Umm, so yeah, I’m going to my locker now, so umm, bye!’ Muttered Pete.

And as I made my way to my first lesson, I couldn’t help but smile to myself.

As I walked through to door to my classroom, the thought of my unfinished essay crossed my mind, and the smile was instantly wiped off of my face. Then, the familiar screechy voice of Mrs Hawkinson began to ring through my ears: ‘Oh well Miss Aherne, how nice of you to join us!”

“Ahh crap. I’m late again.”

“And I suppose you have an essay to give me?” Mrs Hawkinson snarled.

I rolled my eyes and noticed a sea of eyes staring at me, then somebody stood out – Pete. He was the only one looking down, instead of staring at me. I then heard a giggle from outside the door and instantly knew that it was Alexa.

Two minutes later, I was walking down the corridor, heading towards reception – with a red slip in my hand. When I got to reception, I was greeted by a familiar face at the desk.

“Hello Kate lets see the slip this time then.” Said Mrs Smith – the receptionist. “ooo, straight to the principle today. Off we go then.”

So I begrudgingly turned on my heel and followed Mrs Smith to Mr Dyson’s office.

When we had arrived, Mrs Smith hastily knocked on the door, and opened it. She then announced “we’ve got another one sir!”

I then heard Mr Dyson’s reply – to bring me inside. Then Mrs Smith motioned for me to enter.

I walked into the office – only to be met by Alexa. I sat on the chair next to her, and we exchanged smiles.

Mrs Smith was talking to principle Dyson about something, but I wasn’t really listening. After a brief discussion, Mr Dyson came back into the room and gave me a lecture about the importance of coursework. He then sat down at his desk, looked at Alexa and I directly into the eyes, and said: “And for you punishment girls…”