Status: Abra cannot update because she doesn't have a computer at the moment! Please be patient. :]

Herz Von Stahl

Me, You And My Medication

Cameron and I were sitting in the airport waiting for Xylona. I HATED being late to anything, but I don’t think I could have done much about another person’s tardiness. And so I sat with Cameron waiting, and waiting. Therefore, when they called our flight on the intercom saying we had thirty minutes I realized that we were in fact not going to make the flight. I sighed and pressed the heel of my palm against my eye. Out of the corner of the other one of my chocolate brown eyes, however, I spotted Xylona slow to a walk as she approached us.

"Hey, guys!" She called with a gleeful smile, as if nothing was wrong.
"Hello," I grumbled sourly.
“Don’t worry, Xylona, we’ll make it!” Cam said, hugging her before she could say anything else. “Though if this were a world domination then being this late would create an epic fail!” Sometimes, she ranted about the strangest things…
"Late? I'm perfectly on time!" Xylona chimed. "Now lets go before we actually are late!"
I was going to say something else about her last statement, but Cameron pulled on my forearm earnestly.
"Don't say anything nasty, Kari. Let’s just go!" she said as she continued to pull my arm.
Damn, she knew me well.
Xylona nodded as we made our way to the security check point.
We began going through the metal detectors after putting the miscellaneous objects from our pockets into the little gray bins. Well, that was until Xylona’s bag got held up and we were pulled to the side along with a few other security guards. They went through the entirety of her electronics collection just to make sure there wasn’t a bomb in both bags.
“You are way too obsessed with video games,” Cameron remarked somewhat sourly.
Xylona laughed nervously. "What can I say? My mother and brother had a way with video games. I guess it was a dominant gene." Cameron laughed as she watched the guards continue searching Xylona’s never-ending supply of gaming systems.
“Yeah, well, I don’t think even your brother would take all his video games on a two week trip to Japan. Really, Xylona, they practically invented everything you’re bringing!” Cameron chuckled, eyeing up a few guys that were dragging luggage across the room. I didn’t blame her though, the one with the lip ring was hot.

After a while, though, waiting for Xylona’s bag to get searched became such funplease note the sarcasm. I’m trying very hard to emphasize how unhappy with this situation I was. And so far I think I’m doing a pretty good job; I mean I’d gotten through every cuss word I knew in English and was already on the Finnish translations. Pretty quickly I’d move to the Italian and then maybe to Russian. I’m not sure if the security understood me, but they looked a little freaked out they had a pissed off multi-lingual scene kid on their hands. My dark brown hair stuck to my eyelashes as I spun around angrily.
“That’s it,” I’d snarled as the stupid security guards finally released us only to inform us that our flight had already gone. Big thanks to MSP security. We’d missed our flight and now had to get new tickets…and the earliest flight they had was one that left at 6:30 tonight.
“I’m going to have a freaking private jet next time I go anywhere,” I spat angrily.
“Good luck with that,” Xylona said sarcastically.
I gave her a glare and tried to resist smacking her.
Finally we reached the baggage check area and I started looking at the prices for new tickets.

“Well…if we’re going to Japan we might as well go in style,” I mumbled and grabbed my backpack, pulling out my black three fold wallet. The Misfits classic skull logo stared up at me as I opened the wallet and pulled out my platinum credit card that my father and mother funneled cash into. I paid for the tickets and slid the card back into my wallet. I then turned back to my two traveling companions.
“We’re going to leave and come back from Japan First-class. ”I held up my hand to silence Cameron as she started to protest. She’d always had a thing against anyone else paying for her things, but I had no idea why. She never gave up easily, though…
“I refuse to be paid for,” she said in a matter-of-fact voice.
“Well that’s just too damn bad because it just happened,” I snapped, tossing my wallet back into my carry-on bag. “If you don’t like it then I’ll just find a cute boy to bring.” Cameron glared at me and snatched the ticket. If anyone ever threatened to replace her then she went along with anything in the blink of an eye.

I smirked and yawned, needing more sleep than the minimal amount I’d gotten last night. Slouching off to the terminal we’d be waiting in for the next four and a half hours, I pulled out my hoodie and balled it up before curling up in the chair and passing out.

Waking up, I was trying to remember why I thought it was once again a good idea to go to the park and fall asleep. After a few seconds, though, I realized that I wasn’t in the park; I was in the airport waiting to go to Japan. That’s when I heard my cell ringing
“Mmm… yellow?” I asked tiredly
“What the hell was that?” Danny laughed
“I’m sleepy,” I mumbled into the phone. Which, I might add, seemed to be steadily slipping away from my ear.
“Why aren’t you at home?”
“I’m going to Japan,” I answered
“May I ask why you’re going to Japan and leaving me by myself.” He played up the fact he could act all sad and shit.
“Because I can,” I yawned. “And if you wanna come to the airport I can leave you with something else,” I added rather suggestively

“Babe, you sound ready to drop and I’m about to pass out,” he chuckled. “I don’t think that’d end well” he added with another laugh.
“Mmm yeah,” I mumbled into the phone
“So how long are you in Japan?” Danny asked
“Two weeks,” I blinked a few times trying to wake myself up.
“Don’t drink, do drugs, don’t get the preggers and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” he said and I could hear the smirk in his voice
“Well then two of those other three don’t count” I smirked back
“Lemme rephrase that: Don’t do anything I would do.” Danny smirked—you could always tell from the tone of his voice when he did that. Other than that, I have to think about how to describe Danny.

Well he’s an amazing kisser, really good with his tongue; his favorite band is Crystal Castles (whoever that is). He smokes, drinks, does drugs, and is basically a party animal. I met him at a friend’s party one night and we hit it off. Ever since then we’ve been buddies. And basically we put what ever we needed in front of that to fit our needs at that moment.

“Babe I gotta go crash,” Danny said after a few moments of me spacing out on him. I nodded and hummed a response and we hung up; thirty minutes later the plane to Japan was being called so that first class passengers could board. I turned and poked Xylona, who was very busily playing a video game. Her head snapped up and I motioned that we needed to board the plane now. She nodded in understanding and followed Cameron and me as we walked through the tunnel leading to the plane, trying to finish her pokemon battle and save. I sank down in the cream leather seat in the first class cabin. Gratefully it was cushy and larger than the economy/business class seats. There were three seats in each row. I sat on the right side facing the isle, Cameron was in the middle and Xylona was on the left of her.

I gulped and focused on the large TV screen in front of the three of us. I hated flying on planes; I didn’t have a phobia of it, I just wasn’t a huge fan. So when the plane started to take off I held a death grip on the arm rest of the seat. It wasn’t the actual plane being up in the air, but was more when we were taking off and landing. And occasionally the actual flying part was bad. But usually I had my music on so I didn’t notice as much.

Once the plane leveled out and the seatbelt sign was turned off I unbuckled my belt and got up to go walk around. I couldn’t sit still on planes. It was a weird habit I had, but I couldn’t sit still on a plane ride that was more than three hours. I got up and went to the bathroom, then came back.
“Does this plane have wireless?” Xylona asked, leaning across Cameron. I rolled my eyes briefly but nodded.
“It does?” Cameron asked raising her eyebrows while pulling out her iphone
“Yes, I got us an American Airlines flight because all their planes have wireless on them,” I grumbled. “Why didn’t you listen to the lady when she was talking about the seatbelts and crap?” I mumbled.
“Because we have you,” Cameron told me, the corners of her mouth turning up into a sickeningly sweet smile. Damn, I hated when she did that. It made me want to puke it was so cute.

Turning away from her puke-worthy smile, I pulled out my own laptop and yanked down the tray. Then I went back to what I’d been doing before I’d closed my laptop down last night: searching for a hotel. Oh joy. So far I hadn’t found one that would work. Finally I gave up and booked us a room at the ‘Sheraton’ in Japan’s capital Tokyo. Cameron said she and Xylona would pay for the hotel because I paid for the tickets to and from Japan. I rolled my eyes, but didn’t argue. Clicking on the icon for iTunes I brought up the music folder and clicked on it while plugging in my headphones. I hit play and old school Metallica came blaring through my ear buds.

I leaned my head back against the seat and stared at the ceiling of the plane. I logged onto MSN and my Myspace. I chatted to random people about how the break was going to be a lot of fun and updated my status on Myspace letting everyone know I was ‘out of town’. I wasn’t really lying. I was out of town; I was just not in the continental US. I laughed at the thought of Danny going over to my house and freaking out ‘cause I wasn’t there. He’d do that too; he’d wind up forgetting that I’d told him I was in Japan and go over to the house, waltz right in and find it empty.

My parents weren’t ever home and so Danny could just ‘waltz right in.’ It’s what most of my friends did if they were looking for a place to crash. They just rang the door bell and walked in. That’s how I knew it was them and not some creeper. Yeah, I bet your wondering how my parents can leave me alone in a house by myself. Well the answer is simple: they just don’t care. They don’t care what—or who—I do. They’re always working. Both my parents are originally from Finland, and so I am, too. I lived there until I was four and then my parent’s company took off. They decided we needed to leave Finland so they could become more successful. I still speak fluent Finnish and if you’re wondering (even after fourteen years in America) I still have a Finnish accent. That’s mainly because during the summer I go and visit relatives who speak only Finnish to me, but I love the place so I’m alright with that.

That’s why I was planning to move back and go to school there after graduation. My parents weren’t happy with that—they wanted me to go to school in America because I could get into better schools in the States. But like my grandfather said ‘You can take the girl out of Finland, but you can’t take Finland out of the girl.’ I smiled as I thought about my home. My grin grew even bigger as Danny signed on to MSN.

DannyDollface says: What’s up Kulta : ) be proud I es speaking Finnish for you.
MissMurderScene says: Oh baby I am LMAO; you’re a dork Danny
DannyDollface says: Yeah but you love me for being a dork…you know I’m just gonna go crash at your house.
MissMurderScene says: Sure go ahead; you know where everything is and my parents won’t be home.
DannyDollface says: Babe, I hate to say it, but your parents are crappy
MissMurderScene says: No shit Danny.
DannyDollface says: But even if they’re a crappy excuse for parents/family you still have me and the girls [:
MissMurderScene says: I know and I luvers you for it.
DannyDollface says: And that day his heart grew three sizes too big.
MissMurderScene says: Way to quote Dr. Suess
DannyDollface says: I know it’s ‘cause I’m cool like that
DannyDollface says: I miss you, you left me.
MissMurderScene says: I sowwy :[ I’ll be back in 2 weeks though *huggles*
DannyDollface says: *huggles* It sucks that neither of us are into relationships…I’d date you in a heartbeat.
MissMurderScene says:. . . Danny lay off the drugs; they’re making you say stupid shit again.
DannyDollface says: I’m not on drugs; clean as a whistle. I’m not kidding Kari; just think about that. But I gotta go pack to sleep over YAY! Peace, my lover.
MissMurderScene says: Bye Danny-Dan
DannyDollface is no longer online.

Was Danny really serious when he said that he’d date me? I shook my head, saving the conversation for when I got back home and then I’ll talk to him about it. I shut off MSN, not really wanting to talk to anyone on there. I mean I’d talk to them; I just wasn’t in the mood. All I really wanted to do was curl up and sleep, but noooo the stupid plane wouldn’t let me sleep.

Fifteen hours I was going to be stuck on this stupid plane. Oh well—at least the seats were comfy and I had wireless internet. I sank back against the seat and wrapped Danny’s hoodie tighter around my slim frame. The air from the little vent above me was blowing directly on my head and I wasn’t enjoying it, but I was too short and lazy to change it. So I just curled up in Danny’s hoodie and passed out. Danny had that effect on people…or at least he had that effect on me. Being around him calmed me down, even though this wasn’t really Danny-Dan, it smelled like him! I fell asleep abruptly and wasn’t aware I was asleep until Cam woke me up saying they had food for us.

After we were done eating I sat back once again.
“How much longer?” I asked glancing to Cameron who sat next to me she shrugged not really sure how long we’d been up or when we were coming down. I logged back on to MSN and left my internet down not really in the mood to do anything online. The second I got on I looked to see if there was anyone I wanted to talk to on my contacts list. Danny wasn’t on so not really.

"Kaaaari! Now that we have an entire fifteen hours in which I'm sure you'll need some entertainment—there aren't enough boys on this plane for both of us to oggle—can I finally show you the band that went on tour with Lady GaGa?" Cam pleaded, looking at me with an excited expression. She once again came to my rescue. I nodded and motioned for her to show me whatever she wanted to. She picked up her iPhone and froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if all American Airline planes are like that, but for the sake of the story and my sanity we're just gonna say it is.

Image<---Yu sticks his tongue out at you and Romeo is NOT amused because you're not commenting.

This was once again edited by our lovely: Plastic_Rose

Rate, Comment, Subscribe It makes us wanna write more when we know you like it. It also makes us happy. And happy writers=more/faster updates!