New Perspective

Preface.

I felt like a little girl, lying in my bed that night. I had always been afraid of the dark and all of the ominous creatures that could be hiding in it. This time it felt different, though. Like I was being watched intently by someone or something. I couldn't put my finger on it but, I was definitely terrified.

My father had just brought my bed down from the attic that night. It smelt funny, like it had been rotting up there. It was dusty and it had a light brown color to it. My old bed was broken and weird enough, we have no idea how. I just came up to my bedroom one day, and it was broken in half.

I screamed because I thought that there was an intruder in the house. There was no one, of course and my father blamed me. He punished me for no reason at all and told me that I was to sleep on the couch in the living room. I protested against the idea but, I reluctantly slept there anyway.

Today, as he brought the weird bed up, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. It looked as if it were made back in the 1500's. He told me that it use to belong to my grandparents and that there was a lot of history in it. It interested me that it was used such a long time ago. I liked the idea of sleeping on it then, but now, I wasn't so sure.

As I lay there, deep in the bed, I became stiff. I wanted to get up and switch the light on, but I was so deathly afraid that my ankles might be grabbed and I'd be dragged under the bed to a whole new dimension. But, that was only in movies and books, right? I breathed heavier and faster. I felt as if something horrid were about to happen and I was only just waiting for it to come.

I closed my eyes only for a moment and I re-opened them. This was getting ridiculous, and I knew it. I shouldn't be so scared, I thought. I really didn't want Charlie to find out about my night terrors, because he'd never let me out-live it and I didn't want that to happen at all. I wanted to be brave, but I just couldn't find the dignity to do it. I felt pathetic and I sighed. I'm such a baby, I thought.

"Hello, Isabella."

I looked up so fast, it almost gave me whiplash. Right in front of my bed, was a tall and thin man wearing some sort of a magician's suit. It was then, that I freaked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, FTW!

Paisley is going to write the next part, hopefully.

Comment, please.