Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Wake Up

Drool dripped onto my chest.

As soon as my half-awake self registered this fact, I sat up quickly.

"Owww." moaned Jack.

For some reason, I had no shirt on and our hotel room was a mess.

"Jack, why is there blue tape everywhere?"

"I don't know. Jacky wants to sleep. Hangover."

I rolled my eyes. Lightweight. I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. I noticed that the mysterious blue tape was here aswell. I started peeling it off, praying that it wouldn't leave marks. Thankfully, it didn't.

I decided that whilst I was there, I'd take a shower aswell. As I walked back into the bedroom with my towel on, I saw Jack reading something that looked like a certificate.

"Whoa, you're reading something that's not a porn magazine. What is it?" I asked.

"Our marriage certificate." he whimpered.

My blood went cold. Marriage? Me, married to Jack? There had to be a mistake.

"Get your iPhone out, we can check if it was legal. Because, you know, Vegas. V-e-g-a-s."

"I already did."

"And?" I was impatient now.

He turned to look at me. His face said everything.

"Maybe the certificate's fake! I heard that Katy Perry once did that-she faked getting married. We weren't that drunk we were. I mean-"

Jack cut off my rambling and took a deep breath.

"Shut up, let me think."

He massaged his temples, trying to remember our night.

Flashback

"We're in Vegas, baby!" Jack screamed.

"What to do, what to do." I hummed. Jack stared.

"Party!" I yelled.

Rian and Zack nodded, not really caring.

"Fine, be like that! Jacky boy, we're going!"


End Flashback.

I had a brainwave.

"Give me that certificate!"

He passed it to me like it was a hot potato.

"OK, the chapel's address is here... Jack, get dressed, we're going."

===

Throughout the journey, Jack was silent. He had put his headphones in and turned his iPhone's volume to full. I poked him as we came to a red light.

"What?" he glared. I was stunned. Normally, I'd glare (if I was in a bad mood) and Jack would be happy.

"Nothing." I mumbled. I pulled up to the chapel.There was only one word for it: bright.

"Trust you to get us married here." I said, trying to lighten the mood. Jack had by now taken his headphones out.

"No. It was your idea to go partying and get drunk. Yours, Gaskarth."

Whenever Jack had called me Gaskarth, he was pretending to be serious. This time he actually was.

I got out of the car, not bothering to wait for Jack.

"How may I help you?" asked the receptionist perkily. I could see her eyeing me up. Usually, I'd flirt for Maryland in a normal situation.

"Yeah...um, me and my friend need to see someone about something..." I finished lamely. I emphasised "friend".

The receptionist's perkiness dropped a few levels. It went further down when she saw Jack behind me. After an awkward moment, she burst out laughing. Jack and I exchanged "WTF?" looks.

"Sorry. I-" she laughed "I recognise you guys." She giggled.

"My kid sister idolises your band. And...she is going to be devastated when she finds out your gay! Not just the lead singer, but the other guy!"

We let her have a minute of hysterics.

"Listen." I hissed. She stopped laughing.

"I am not gay. Jack may act it, but I'm pretty sure he's not. Maybe he's bi." I pondered.

Jack rolled his eyes.

"What he's trying to say is, that we're not meant to be married. And let's hope you don't end up waking up married to your best friend, with a killer hangover and some chick laughing at you."

I started applauding but stopped when I saw the looks on their faces. The receptionist was now sympathetic.

"Sorry about that. I'll see if I can get the priest out. I don't think he's that busy today. Have a seat."

We sat down, tensely waiting for the priest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe. I had fun writing this. ^-^