Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Homecoming part 2

From the beginning I could see that Alex was more nervous than usual. I tried to look at him without him realising but every single time he smiled as if he was OK.

I’m not that dumb.

When we started playing The Party Scene, my suspicions were confirmed.

Argh, that’s too smart for me.

I knew he wasn’t OK, alright? Don’t scrutinise my style of words.

“Sorry. I just...I’ll.”

He ran off stage. Matt walked on a few seconds later
.
“Sorry, ladies and gents, there’s going to be a slight change of plan.” He said, using his tour manager voice.

The faces of the audience fell.

“But who said change is a bad thing?”

There were cheers.

“Psst, Jack.” I heard Danny call from the side. I edged over a little.

“Alex is in the bathroom. Gimme your guitar, you need to go after him.”

=
I knocked on the cubicle door.

“Alex?”

“Go away Jack.”

He sounded fucking miserable.

“No. I’m going to stay here until you get out.”

He kicked the door in anger.

“Fine!”

He opened it, glaring.

“Come on, let’s get you cleaned up.” I said softly.

His shirt had stains on it. It looked like he had another panic attack.

We all thought he was doing so well...

“Erm...I’ll get you another shirt.”

I grabbed one from the dressing room as fast as I could.

“Here.”

I held it out to him.

“I got you some water as well?”

Why did that come out as a question?

“Thanks Jack.” He smiled. He still looked miserable as he freshened up.

“I am such a douchebag.” He sighed as he messed up his hair.

“No you’re not.”

I hugged him.

“Let’s go.”

=

“I think we’re all good in a band. We should kick Jack and Alex out.” We heard Matt telling the crowd.

Alex was shaking his head.

“Matt, you’re fired!” he yelled. As he walked on, the volume hit the roof. It got louder as they realised we were holding hands.

Danny was laughing his head off.

“You too, Kurily!” I added.

“What? Just cause you married the boss?” he whined.

Alex grabbed my head and kissed my cheek.

“Yes, because he married the boss. Now move over!”

=

After the show, we were at Matt’s house. I had found an old pack of Red Bull and was making my way through it.

“Three shiny bottles of old red bull, three shiny bottles!”

I was singing how many I had drunk. I was currently sat on Alex’s lap in a hella good mood.

Yet again, Zack was on the laptop checking his porno site...err, personal shit.

“Zacharyyy!” I called in a girly voice.

He quickly got rid of whatever he was looking at. Dirty boy.

“It’s all good Zack, we’re all guys here!”

“Jack shut up.” Alex muttered in my ear.

I ignored him.

“If you want to look at Pete Wentz porno, you can look at Pete Wentz porno. We won’t judge.”

Alex began hitting me as a way to get me to be quiet.

“Alexander, I’m giving Zack the talk. Don’t interrupt me.”

“Jack, I’m being ser-”

“Jack, can we talk outside?”

Zack was standing up.

“Erm, sure.”

I followed him to the kitchen. As I waited for him to talk, he was pinching the bridge of his nose. I didn’t question it.

He sighed.

“I was getting so annoyed at you. I have to remind myself that you’re my friend, not my-”

“Not your what?”

Zack sighed again.

“Jack, I like your sister. And she likes me.”

Ho. Ly. Shit.

“In fact, we’d be a couple by now. If it wasn’t for you.”

If it wasn’t for me? He’s the one crushing on the girl who happens to be my little sister!
I started glaring.

“Back off Merrick.” I seethed.

“This was exactly what she was talking about, Jack! She said that we can’t do anything about it cause you’d be like this!”

“Like what?!”

“Like a dick!”

“Shut the fuck up, Merrick!”

He continued, knowing I was going to get angrier.

“And May also said that she cared about you too much to do this, so she ended it. We only just started and she ended it, for you.”

“Screw you!” I yelled as I walked out. I put on my hoodie and got out of the house.

I kicked a can that was in my way.

“Stupid so-called friend falling in stupid love with my stupid sister.” I growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's getting intense now ;) I don't like writing depressing chapters for too long, which is why I had to put in that end line xD

Comments/slap Jack on Zack's behalf?