Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Still Waiting

I started tapping my fingers on the arm of the chair I was sat on. Matt started scowling, so I stopped. Each minute went by slower than the last. I was going crazy.

"He'll be OK, Alex. It's Jack for Pete's sake." Matt said, just like he had been doing over the past hour or so.

"I need something to eat. Want anything?" I replied glumly. He shook his head.

"Naw, I'm alright." he sighed. I made a mental note to draw a Mickey on the coffee I was going to buy him.

Even the amount of time it took for the Skittles to be released from the vending machine felt like a long time. Actually, it was. A foot with a Converse on it kicked the machine and the Skittles came out.

I looked up.

"Hey."

I pretended that I hadn't heard.

"Alex, don't ignore me. Please?"

I picked up the Skittles and went to the coffee machine. I made the coffee how Matt liked it and got out a Sharpie to draw Mickey. I hissed as the coffee spilt out onto my hand.

"You draw first, douchebag." Deanna tried to joke.

She grabbed my arm.

"Alex? I am actually sorry. Where's Jack?"

Even though she was trying to be nice, I couldn't help getting pissed.

"Dea, my husband, my freaking husband is in surgery right now, cause of you! So forgive me if I'm a little short with you."

Her jaw dropped.

"Surgery? I didn't hit him that hard!"

For someone who actually went to some of our gigs over the years, she was so dense.

"It was hard enough to make him require surgery!"

I decided to make her feel even guiltier.

"The doctor was talking about complications. He might lose his sense of smell, he might not be able to breathe properly. I hope you're happy with yourself." I added spitefully.

"You really love him, don't you?" she replied quietly.

Of all the things she could've said...

"I'll admit, when I first heard about you guys, I just thought it was a joke."

If only she knew the truth. It'd be great if there was someone else who knew, who wasn't involved in the scene. Sure there was Rebbecca, but she was miles away in Vegas and worked for the fucker who made this mess worse than it was.

"But I can see how much you genuinely care for him. I'm sorry. I'll understand if you don't want to ever talk to me again. You'll get some great lyrics out of that, wouldn't you?"

I really wanted to hug her right now. I didn't want to make any decisions until I knew that Jack was definitely OK.

"Can we talk later?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

I walked back to the waiting room, coffee still on my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-daaaaah (:

My French GCSE exam went awesomely apart from when I mumbled "blehblehblehhhhh" when I couldn't say the word and I got the tenses wrong in one section lol

This goes out to all 505 of you. Hahaha ;P