Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Is It Cool If I Hold Your Hand

I was running round my room anxiously looking for something decent to wear. Cause you know, me and Jack were going out. On a kind of date. It was a date to me, anyway and I had to look my best. I always had to--the last time I arrived for a date looking horrible was way back when I still went to private school.

Over the years, I had learnt that it was better to find your clothes before you showered. Asshole friends might steal all your clothes while you're in the shower and throw them out of the window onto random people walking by. Jack happened to walk into the room with just a towel on while I was trying to look for clothes.

I wanted to jump him there and then. His towel was slinging low like everything else he wore and I didn't want to think about what might be underneath. I was actually praying that it was boxers because if I saw Jack naked right now, I had no idea what I would do, especially after what happened downstairs. Thankfully, they were, which I realised when Jack dropped his towel to look for clothes.

He bent over to search through one of his bags. Blue was my favourite colour and his boxers happened to be blue. I could've facepalmed at the irony.

"Douchemeister!" Jack called, snapping me out of my drooling thing. I looked up and smiled.

"Grey shirt or blue?" he asked, holding up two.

"Grey." I said quickly. Why was I so touchy over blue today? Who was I, Edwarlex motherfucking Cullkarth, going to prey on innocent Jackella Baraswan's blood? Ridiculous. He could wear whatever colour he liked. I told him that he could and I got a weird look.

"I'll go for the blue if you're being such an idiot today." he muttered. He pulled out one of his many pairs of black skinny jeans and put them on. After, he buttoned up his shirt and even added a tie. What did I do to get Jack in a tie on a kind-of-but-not-really date with me? Whatever it was, I was glad I had this chance.

I quickly grabbed my clothes and towel and got the hell out of that room before something possibly illegal happened. When I was in the shower, I tried getting the "thoughts" out of my head before I went back in my room. I didn't want certain things staring him in the face (although it'd be pretty awesome if my crotch was anywhere near Jack's mouth) when we were out.

I didn't bother with drying my hair properly and just messed it up a little with the towel. When I entered the room, Jack's mouth actually dropped a little but closed again quickly. Failure. I stared back at him.

"What?" I asked.

"N-nothing." he blushed and turned away, pretending to be texting on his iPhone. Fine, don't pay attention to me.

"Are we going or are you going to turn into a vegetable in front of your iPhone?" Oopsie. That may have come out bitchier than what it was supposed. I saw him start to scowl but he quickly changed his expression and looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"I want to be a cucumber when I grow up." he replied, in a little kid voice. I looked at him as if he'd gone mad. In reality, that was a very Jack thing to say. He was in his 20s and he still wanted to be the red Power Ranger. He put his hand in mine and tried to get me to skip.

"I'm not skipping down the stairs, asshole." I told him. Skipping down a set of stairs was another dumb idea. I nearly broke my foot in sophomore year trying to skip downstairs with Jack because he tripped over his own feet, knocking me over and he landed on my foot. Jack squeezed my hand, knowing that I was remembering this memory.

"I won't fall this time. Jacky promise." He stuck his tongue out. I sighed. I let him drag me down the stairs while he skipped. We must've looked like idiots to Kara and Rian. I was much happier when we were out of the door and relaxed. I didn't let go of Jack's hand either.

He held me closer and started snuggling as we walked. I felt like kissing his cheek cause he was being so freaking cute. What he did next made me want to forget lunch and go back home with him.

"In the car I just can't wait, to take you out on our very first date." Jack looked around and laughed. "No cars! Fuck. You get the point." He suddenly remembered. "Where are we going, exactly?"

Right now would be a great place to sing Family Reunion instead of First Date. I had no idea, I'd just been walking and savouring the moment. Plus, this was my treat for Jack after eating all his pancakes. I then had a brainwave. I knew the perfect place to take him. I grabbed his hand again and started leading.

There was a sandwich shop near the park we went to all the time when we were in high school. I hoped it was still open because that place made the most delicious chicken and mayo sandwich I had ever eaten (and puked up later cause I was drunk off my ass). I nearly squealed when I saw that it was and nearly ran inside.

"It's still the same!" I yelled. I couldn't help myself. Hell, even the owner of the place was the same guy. He gave me a weird look.

"Can I take your order?" he said pointedly.

"Two steak and cheese sandwiches on sourdough bread to take out, please." I was grinning like a lunatic, the guy probably thought there was something wrong with me. He muttered to himself as I turned round to see Jack's reaction. He looked like he was in deep thought.

"July 2005, Joey Tannen's birthday party." I said, to make him remember. He snapped his fingers.

"Yeah! That was the party where Baileigh Strong threw her drink over you after you called her a Fayley." He imitated her voice (or tried to) "ALEX! I'VE HAD ENOUGH! THIS IS THE LAST TIME SKANKARTH!"

That was the only thing he remembered? Typical Jack. I shook my head.

"You were Dulaney kids?" the guy asked, interested in the conversation.

"Class of 2006." Jack replied.

"Yeah I remember you guys. My brother's daughter was in your class...Baileigh."

He had to be kidding. Hell no. What if he was crazy like his priest brother?

"My brother hates you both. Family reunion last week and all he could talk about was two assholes called Alex and whatever the other one was." he said casually.

We were really in the shit. If Priest Man had been bitching about us, he might have mentioned that we wanted a divorce, which could be bad seeing as we were currently pretending to be in love and if his daughter found out, she had juicy gossip against us. Crapballs. I waited to see what else sandwich guy said.

"My brother is an idiot. Kept insisting that you two wanted a divorce, which is clearly bullshit. Look at how in love you both are." Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. "He's just bitter that his daughter doesn't talk to him much these days. She kind of cut ties after he divorced her mom back when she was in high school."

I felt like a terrible person. I gave Bailiegh so much shit at school, yet at the time she was going through crap at home. Sandwich guy sighed.

"Do me a favour, boys. Stay together just to rub it in his face. $7.59, by the way."

I quickly paid for the sandwich and got the hell out of the place. I didn't even think I felt hungry anymore. I decided that we should eat (or try to, in my case) in the park, which was literally across the street. I found a bench to sit on and unwrapped my sandwich quickly.

Jack was staring at me and didn't even touch his sandwich.

"What?" I mumbled, taking a bite from the sandwich. All he did was put his arms around my chest and hug me. "I don't know why you're being so nice, I'm a shitty person." I mumbled into his neck. He hugged me tighter and even kissed my forehead.

"No you're not, you're Alex. Believe me, if you were a terrible person I'd have divorced you and taken 50% of your shit already."

That made me laugh. I put my legs across his knees, even though we were on a park bench and it would get uncomfortable before long.

"Thanks, Jacko. You always know how to make it better. Now eat before you turn cannibal on me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta daaaaaaaa :) I looked on the Four Lions video and 34 people followed the link from last chapter. That made me LOL xD

I have tumblr now ;) xletthewallsbreakdownx hahaha