Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Foodie Sense

“Really, guys, I have a good feeling about this place!” Jack insisted.

He was trying to justify his “foodie sense” to us by making us eat at a small café we found near the hotel.

I remembered the last time Jack’s foodie sense had been used…

[Flashback]

We were on our first tour, starving and bickering over where to eat.

“I still say that place over there looks good.” Jack piped in. We looked round.

“Theresa’s? That’s a hell hole!”

Jack rolled his eyes.

“Vincent, you are forgetting that you are on your with Jack Bassam Barakat-”

“Like anyone can forget.” He muttered.

“My foodie sense is never wrong.” He grinned.


[End Flashback]

It was a disaster. The “foodie sense” that discovered Rita’s was dead wrong. Basically, the food was crap, the old dude smoking by the window creepy and the male server was giving us (especially me) totally inappropriate looks.

“Can’t hurt to try, I suppose. It has been a few years-”

I was interrupted by Jack jumping onto me.

“Yay!” he squealed, in a pitch that he shouldn’t have been able to use. “You’re the best husband ever!”

Rian and Zack snickered.

“So Dawson, our moms are waiting for you to propose to Kara already. Did you know that?”

“Shut up.”

“Can we go and eat already?!” Jack screamed, still on my back.

“Maybe if you get your fat ass off me.”

“Pur-lease, you love this ass and me.”

An elderly couple walking past gave us weird looks. Jack did his cheesy smile and jumped off.

==

I licked my lips when the pancakes arrived. So far, no creepy weed-smoking old guys had turned up (though I had a feeling the couple from before were going to appear any minute now), the 40-something waitress had declared Jack to be ‘just adorable’ and the food didn’t look that bad.

Two girls, a small blonde and a redhead, who looked like they had just walked out from a Glamour Kills model casting, approached us.

“H-hi, sorry to bother you but I’m Kayla and that’s Ronnie. We are major All Time Low fans.” The blonde stuttered.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Jack tensing up. Even though he liked his food, I knew he wouldn’t tell fans to go away.

“It’s OK.” I smiled.

Kayla looked like she was going to explode from happiness.

“What we mean to say is-”

“Are you guys really married?” Ronnie asked.

I looked at Jack in what I hoped looked like a loving look.

“Yeah, we are.”

“So how come you don’t have rings?”

I let Jack handle this one.

“We never got round to it. Thanks for reminding us.”

Rian dropped his fork. There was silence as he went under the table to get it.

“Got it.”

“Rian, when are you and Kara getting married?”

Me, Jack and Zack burst out laughing.

“We’re hoping soon.” Zack added.

Kayla pulled out a camera.

“Can I-”

“Sure thing.”

We got the waitress who called Jack adorable to take some pictures.

“We really have to go.” Ronnie mumbled.

“Erm, before we go, can we take a picture of you and Jack?”

Jack shuffled closer.

“Like, in a couple-y pose?”

I stiffened, but Jack quickly saved it.

“Alex isn’t-actually, both of us aren’t used to being couple-y in public, so-”

I looked at their faces and felt guilty.

“It’s OK. We’ll do it.” I said.

I put an arm round Jack and he put his lips near my cheek. We both smiled for the camera.

“Wow, that’s a really good picture. Thanks!”

We waved as they went out the door.

“Well that was normal.” Zack declared.
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this. 'Specially the tears part, cause of my computer insisting on crashing every 5 minutes.