The Friendship Bench

The Friendship Bench part 3- I knew you'd miss me

As I was walking past the trees, I came across the community noticeboard.

One particular ad caught my eye.

'Green Day garage concert.'

I read through the other details, like where, when etc.

I wanted to go.

And I am going to go.

***

'Dear diary', I wrote. 'How's life? Mine's almost as bright as it was when I was eight years of age. Only instead of fairies and toadstools, it's Green Day! There's this garage concert soon and I am dying to go! Only I have no...'

My immense concentration was merely cut off by someone barging into the room. It was mum- drunk again. But I don't blame her. If I had her life I would be drinking non-stop every night, too. But she did have a hard life. Her dad was killed in a bike accident when she was 1 and a half. Her mum remarried. And my dad and her had a spiritual bond, too. His dad died when he was quite young. Honestly, I feel kind of sorry for them.

"Mum," I sighed, grabbing her by the arm and pushing her out the door. I slammed it behind her and locked it. She'll calm down after a while, right?

I looked back down at my journal.

'Only I have no...'

I forgot what I was meant to say.

Never mind.

I felt like calling Will.

*Will's P.O.V*

Hah. How cute. She looks nice with that dress on. A bit tight, but she looks hot.

Oooh, and look at this one. Casual, yet clean. And look at that grin on MY face! Geez, I look good.

Real good.

Ring ring, ring ring.

"Hello?" I asked, picking up the phone.

"Hey," A familiar voice said from the other line. I knew almost immediately who it was.

"Why hello. Wazzup, sweetie?" I asked in my most elegant voice.

"Oh, nothing much," She sighed, "Only the fact that I'm going to a GREEN DAY GARAGE CONCERT!"

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Green Day? Pfft. No one likes Green Day anymore!"

I could literally hear her heart snap in two, "What?"

I giggled and hung up.

*Michelle's P.O.V*

"That stupid little fag," I cursed in my mind, "But I'm going... no matter what. I just... "

I looked down at my journal entry.

"Have no one to go with," I finished, "Yes, that's it!"

'... one to go with. So, yeah. Damn that Will. Well I don't care. I wouldn't wanna be seen with that shrimp at a Green Day concert if it was the last thing I ever do. Well, maybe, just maybe, I can find that weird-ass Mitchell dude from the park. Maybe he likes Green Day. Cya, Michelle.'

Weird, I know. But he seemed like a decent enough guy.

I was about to leave the house when I heard the phone ring. I picked it up,

"Hey?"

"Hi," It was Will.

"Oh what do you want?"

"Look, I'm sorry. Just... forgive me."

I was never one to hold a grudge, but I was beginning to have 2nd thoughts about our friendship,

"Not in a million years, mate."

I slammed the phone down and continued on my way out the door.

It was low sunset now. There were different shades of orange and pink in the sky. It made me feel so unreal. I remember coming out here every night with my twin brother Dylan and my dad to watch the sunset. Then we grew older, more mature, and had better things to do. We stopped about the same time that I met Will. Not long after, Dylan committed suicide. Will was what kept me alive at that time. Nothing could tear us apart... until now. I don't believe it, but I'm starting to think Will is the person who really fucked me up, as well. I still remember the day I found Dylan lying unconscious on the bathroom floor, surrounded by a pool of dark red blood, which was slowly growing larger, and how, not long after, I basically fell into Will's arms, my quivering, trembling flesh being squeezed into a tight embrace. Ugh, I don't believe I was so ignorant to Will's true identity back then.

I didn't realise it until now, but I felt sharp tears prickling at my eyes. I didn't know whether it was from the remembrance of Dylan, or the fact that I hadn't entirely meant what I said Will. It's weird. I mean, I'm really pissed off at him, but I love him to death at the same time.

I felt a soft hand come down on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. It was Will.

"I knew you'd miss me," he smiled, his bright blueberry blue eyes glazed over as if he had been crying.

Before I could reply, he sat down next to me. I could barely look him in the eyes, so I focused on a gum tree just behind his left shoulder.

"I know this may feel kinda crazy, but I just can't keep it in any longer," He sighed, almost breathlessly, as he gently slid his hands around to my back. I knew what was coming, but I just let it be. Within a few seconds, we just... kissed. Like, lip-on-lip. It wasn't half bad.

*Will's P.O.V*

I thought any moment now she was gonna push me off of her. But she didn't. I was running out of breath, and I was too scared to breathe through my nose just in case I end up sneezing or something. But I didn't want to be the one who pulled away from the kiss.

I'd been waiting a long time for this, so I might as well make the most of it.