Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

You Better Run

Nathalie’s POV

It turned out later on that Zacky and Chloe had left to crash at his- probably to bypass the no fucking rule in the house- after Matt came back half an hour later empty handed after his initial hunt. Eventually we all ended up scattered about the living room, with Jimmy, me and Brian on the couch, Matt and Val laying on the floor and Johnny on the recliner. Fear and Loathing in Vegas was playing on the screen, and despite not really knowing what it was about I decided to go along with it. Although, I could see now where the idea for the video of Bat Country came from;

It was just plain weird.

The seating arrangements had resulted in me sitting between Brian and Jimmy, but luckily our minor argument from before was long forgotten. This however didn’t stop him from offering to strip off his jeans should I feel the need to change since I had already slipped in to Brian’s hoodie, only to push it one step further and then request everyone to take their clothes off like some weird strip show.

As the film dragged on I felt my head slowly fall until it ended up on Brian’s shoulder, my eyes soon closing as I fell asleep for what I thought was only a few minutes. By the time I opened them again the film had been finished a long time ago, even with almost a two hour playing time. Also at some point while I was asleep I had managed to lock my arms around his neck, effectively preventing him from going anywhere.

Yawning I moved back to the position I was in initially, shaking out the bangs that fell across my face with my fingers to try and make myself look a little better. I had already resorted to pulling the hood onto my head in an effort to disguise my bed hair, but even though that worked it couldn’t do much for the rest of me.

“You sleep a lot,” Brian commented as I stood up to stretch out my limbs, only to notice that we were the only ones left in the room.

“Where did everyone go?”

“Zacky’s. We’re supposed to join them when you’re up to it.”

He watched me as I doubled over and brushed the floor with my fingers while keeping my legs straight, a smile reaching his lips as I turned back to face him. “What?”

“Nothing.” He pushed himself off the couch and quickly stretched beside me. “You ready to go?”

I took one look in the mirror and groaned.
Definitely not my best look.

The silver eyeshadow from the night before had run down my cheeks during the two separate times I was asleep, smudging into a dark grey colour thanks to the eyeliner I had been wearing. My hair wasn’t much better as I pushed the hood off my head, revealing the mess of black and blue that my last dying experiment resulted in. Even though everyone (except Zacky and Chloe) had already seen me like this, I didn’t want anyone else to, and that included anyone who might just walk past the window.

“Is there time to go back to mine to shower?” I asked, dragging a hand through my bangs again, sighing as it only made them stick up in messy peaks. “I would rather not be burned as a witch thanks.”

A laugh sounded as he looked up at our reflection in the mirror, tugging lightly at the fluffy mess despite my protests. “And why would you be burned as a witch?”

I crossed my arms and pouted. “Because I look as hideous and ugly as one.”

“Well I think you look great,” he murmured, his lips just brushing against my neck and sending chills down my spine. “For someone who just had a hangover.”

It took me a few moments to finally understand what he said and I quickly punished him for it; punching him in the shoulder in a huff before leaving him in favour of the empty kitchen. I spent the next few minutes trying to find my car keys in order to go home to shower, only to turn and see them spinning merrily upon the finger of a grinning Brian.

“Looking for these?” He laughed as I instantly made a lunge for them, raising them just high enough above my head so I couldn’t grab them.

“Brian!” I whined, jumping up repeatedly to try and snatch them only to fail each and every time. “Give me my keys!”

“What do I get?”

I stopped trying to grab at them for a moment. “What do you get?”

“I have to get something for helping you out, now don’t I?” Brian replied, the same, annoying grin still on his lips. “It’s not fair to let the saviour leave empty handed.”

“But it’s also not fair to tease the damsel in distress,” I retorted, my fingers just brushing against my keys as I tried again. I was getting irritated by this point and slapped him on the chest, not caring for the pain that took over from the grin. “For fuck’s sake Brian! Give. Me. My. Keys!”

He shook his head, lowering his arms and putting them behind his back, hiding them. “Not until you say please.”

“Brian...” I warned, crossing my arms as I glared at him.

He didn’t flinch. “Say please.”

“Synyster Gates, if you don’t hand me my keys by 3, you better hope that all those years drinking haven’t affected you...” I said in a dark tone, my lips turning up into a vicious grin.
“1...”

He didn’t move.

“2...”

Still nothing.

“3...”

As soon as I started advancing on him he turned suddenly and fled, running down the hall and then up the stairs while I followed close behind. It was times like this that I was glad I was a track sprinter in school; it was only too easy to keep up with the beer-ridden guitarist as we ran all over the house. The only reason why I probably hadn’t caught him was the fact he knew the house and I didn’t, so could trick me easily.

However after we were running down the stairs for the fifth or so time I decided to chance a leap from the middle of the set just as he was clearing the last few, sending both of us tumbling to the ground in a heap. Brian was definitely the worst off since I had landed on top of him, but sympathy was far from me. I swung the keys on my finger, looking down at him as I straddled his stomach with a triumphant look.

“I told you something bad was going to happen,” I said smirking, my expression soon disappearing as I saw him looking at me oddly. “What?”

I squealed in surprise as he suddenly grabbed me by the arms and pulled me down, pressing his lips against mine. His hand was travelling up the groove of my back when his cell rang, causing me to pull back automatically as he answered.

“Sorry Zack, busy right now.” He flipped the phone shut, grinning. “Now where were we?”

This time he sat up and kissed me on the cheek, holding me on his lap with an arm around my waist. I had all but forgotten that I was supposedly annoyed with him- that is until his cell rang again.

“Still busy,” He answered before once again flipping the phone shut, much to the protests coming from the other end before he closed it.

I frowned at him. “What if it was important?”

He shook his head and murmured in my ear, “Nothing is as important as you right now.”
A few seconds the phone rang again and I snatched it before he could quickly dismiss it, fighting with myself as I tried not to laugh at Brian as he pouted.

“Hello?”

“Man Syn! You don’t even give me- wait.” Zacky paused, realising that I wasn’t actually the person who had answered before. “You aren’t Syn.”

“No.”

He didn’t answer. I guessed he couldn’t remember me, even though he had stolen Chloe last night.

“It’s Nathalie.”

“Oh, Nat! Sorry I-” His voice disappeared as I heard someone scream in the background. For the next few moments I presumed that he was fighting with someone for the phone, resulting in a different voice answering me next.

“Bitch! How dare you leave!” Chloe accused, the sounds of Zacky groaning filling the background. This made me laugh since it was actually the other way round, causing Brian to look at me confused.

“Clo, you left me, remember?”

She went silent for a while, before responding with a meek, “Oh.”

I laughed again. “So did you have a good night then?”

“She got a piece of the Vengeance last night, what do you think?” Zacky yelled in the background, his voice soon joined by others as laughter filled the air, with me helpless against joining them.

“Zacky!” I heard her whine, only to end in a squeal and movement as everything grew silent.

I held Brian’s cell tentatively in my hand, not knowing if they had been cut off or not. The screen still said connected, but no one was talking. “Hello? Clo? Zacky?”

Just as I was about to end the call, someone spoke. “Hello? Nat?”

I didn’t know who it was. “Erm... who is this?”

“Johnny. You really did drink a lot last night didn’t you?”

“Shut up Johnny,” I snarled, my cheeks burning as I heard Jimmy laughing in the background. There was no way I could prove it, but I just knew.

“So when are you coming over?”

I glanced at the clock which read 6pm before replying, “In about an hour. I’m just going back to mine for a shower.”

“Is this a shower for one, or is Syn joining you?” I heard Jimmy yell in the background, my cheeks now flaring out of a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment.

“Johnny, please pass the phone to Jimmy,” I said in the sweetest tone I could muster, which was pretty hard considering the fury I was feeling.

“I hope you aren’t going to try and hit on me,” Jimmy joked as soon as he got the phone, laughing loudly.

He was going to pay for this.

“You better hide Sullivan, since as soon as I get there-”

“You’ll try and kiss me?” He cracked up laughing again.

“Just you wait Jimmy,” I said mysteriously before flipping the cell shut, pressing the phone into Brian’s hand before getting up and walking out the front door.

I was just starting the engine or my car as Brian slid in the passenger side, his gaze cast downward as I ran my hands over the steering wheel. It was only then that I finally took the time to realise my right hand was actually wound in bandages, running my fingers over where the fabric ran across my palm. Another set of fingers soon joined mine, my eyes lifting to see the warm, chocolate eyes I loved so much.

“You accidentally cut yourself on some glass last night,” Brian said as he pulled my hand towards him, pressing his lips against it softly. He placed it back upon the steering wheel, melting my heart with his smile. “I didn’t know what else to do.”

I ran my fingers over the place where he had kissed before returning the smile, backing the car down the drive.

Could I possibly be the luckiest person in the world?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a week or so, got a bit distracted by friends and work.

Enjoy!