Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

I Love You

Nathalie’s POV

That night I couldn’t sleep.

Throughout the darkness I just lied on my bed next to Brian who had crashed with me due to the day’s events, not even daring to breathe deeply let alone move in case I woke him. One of his arms was draped loosely around my waist as my back was pressed against his chest, both of us lying side by side underneath the covers. The constant feel of his breath on the back of my neck reminded me that I wasn’t alone. While it was something I was glad to have it also reminded me of how slowly time was passing, and how long the night seemed to be.

3:28am.

My clock flashed the time dutifully throughout the night, updating me as every painstakingly slow minute had finally passed.

--

The only sleep I had actually managed to get was a few minutes on the way home after a lengthy conversation about what exactly I had chosen as extras in the car, along with watching Zacky and Johnny having a go at the game Brian so sorely hated me for putting in there. I woke up probably at the most ten minutes after sleep had finally taken me as I felt someone pick me up and carry me upstairs. It was only when I felt the familiar covers that lived on my bed that I dared to open my eyes slightly, only to open them fully when the person who carried me perched sat upon the end of the bed.

“Brian.” Despite speaking on the way home my voice still sounded slightly scratchy, probably from the fact I hadn’t yet had anything to soothe the dull ache in my throat. “Brian.”

He shifted slightly to look at me as I tried and failed to reach out to him, my hand only managing to clear about half of the distance between us, even though there really wasn’t much to begin with. My body felt as if it was weighted down as I couldn’t manage to move it much more than I had, leaving me practically in the same position I had been placed.

A mixture of emotions greeted me as I looked up at him; with none seeming to be able to man the front of his feelings to let me even get a slight idea of how he was. It just seemed like he didn’t know how he should feel at the time.

“You’re clothes are soaked through,” I stated knowing full well that it was pretty obvious. It looked to me as if he were shivering, but considering I couldn’t stop myself from the violent trembles I couldn’t exactly tell if he was or if it was just me. “You should change; you’ll get cold.”

Our gazes held only for a brief time until he looked away, shaking his head. “You really should think before you speak Nathalie.”

My gaze dropped as he said this, choosing instead to stare at my numbed hand instead. This silence carried on until an unfamiliar melody arose between the two of us, a small square of light shining through the sodden velvet bag attached to my wrist.

“Aren’t you going to answer that?” Brian asked, glancing down at the bag as it continued to ring.

I shook my head, not even bothered to look at the caller ID. It wasn’t hard to guess considering I was only given the phone today, leaving therefore the only person to know the number being the person who gave it. “It’s Alex.”

Without even needing to look at me he reached into the bag and pulled out the ringing device, bringing it to his ear and answering it with a short, “Hello?”

I could only just about recognise the voice on the other end as Alex’s, but none of the conversation they shared. “What did he say?”

He didn’t answer immediately, instead choosing to move from the end of the bed to the window, gazing thoughtfully out of it. Only his eyes were visible as the shadows devoured him, the serious gaze biting into mine as they diverted their attention.

“Did you mean what you said?”

“About what?” I asked confused, trying to think about what I had said recently. “About asking if you were being cold?”

He shook his head. “Before.”

What?

“With Alex.”

“Oh,” I murmured, dropping my gaze to stare at my hands. I didn’t even look up as he moved to sit beside me on the bed, his legs over the edge.

“Well... did you?”

“Yes, I did.”

I love you. That’s what I said to Alex. And I meant it. I could feel it.

Brian grew silent at my response, not even letting me see what he was thinking as he turned his back to me. My heart fell with each painstakingly quiet second that passed. Eventually I decided on just giving him some space, since clearly I had said something he wasn’t expected. Hell, I wasn’t even sure I was going to admit to saying it before anyway.

“You love me.”

I froze in my tracks as he spoke up, almost stumbling as I turned back to look at him thanks to the river of clothes I was wading in. A soft smile greeted me once I had turned, a light chuckle escaping him.

“You really ruin my plans you know,” Brian said, falling backwards onto the bed and crossing his arms behind his head. “Here I thought I would be a single man my whole life, with no ties or commitments but the band and my friends. Then you came along.” Stretching to me with one hand he curled it around mine and pulled me back onto the bed, lying opposite him with our eyes level. “But you know what? I don’t think I mind.” He shifted himself on top of the covers so that we now were lying in the same direction, kissing my lips softly before resting his forehead on mine, smiling. “Because I love you too.”

Despite both of us still feeling the cold from earlier the numbed feeling had completely disappeared, and within seconds our bodies were pressed together as more additions were made to the clothes lining the floor. He ran his hands across my body while I wrapped mine around his neck, our breathing escalating as we were just caught up in the moment.

I just hope that Chloe or Zacky wasn’t around to hear us.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of two chapters to be posted today because I have been bad and not updated sooner =P