Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Musical Talents

Nathalie's POV

For any normal person you would have thought that sleep would have been easy considering what had happened, but I guess that it didn’t apply to me. My mind just kept drifting back to before everything and just circling the fact that he had said he loved me as well, making me wonder how exactly this was going to work.

What was going to happen?

If he went on tour, would a long-distance relationship work?

What would the others say when they found out?


It was questions like this that meant I couldn’t sleep. Plus it didn’t help either that Brian and the others were going to some middle-of-nowhere place to record their new album in a few days. Fate never did like to hand me any favours.

3:29 am.

Only one minute had passed since I last looked at the clock, so I instead of just lying there any longer I decided to get up, gently easing Brian’s arm from my waist and moving from the bed and to the door. I glanced back to him as he rolled over and curled his now-empty arm around a pillow instead, making me nearly wake him up from laughing as he sleep-kissed it, thinking it was me.

Creeping down the stairs I made my way to the one place which normally calmed me, slipping the door shut behind me as I walked over to the grand piano standing in the middle of the music room. As I sat down upon the stool and began to play a random tune I was glad that Chloe told me to get this place sound-proofed- it was certainly helpful at times like this.

--

Before opening his eyes Brian curled his other arm around the warm body next to him, running his fingers across them as he murmured a soft ‘Good Morning’. However it was only when he opened his eyes while he pulling away and realising there was a feather stuck to lip that his 'Nathalie' was merely a pillow, tossing it aside almost in shame.

At first he was confused at the fact he didn’t have any clothes on until he remembered exactly what had happened last night, including the fact that Nathalie felt the same about him as he did about her. He pulled on his boxers that he found on floor and walked out of the room just as Zacky was walking down the hall, looking at Brian with a confused expression.

“Syn... what happened to you?”

He pointed at his chest where a message had been scribbled in what looked like red lipstick, even ending with a kiss at the end in the same colour. Since Brian couldn’t exactly read it himself he let Zacky do it, but even though the two had been friends for a long time he couldn’t help but feel weird as his chest was stared at by another guy.

“I’m downstairs in the music room, just help yourself to breakfast,” Zacky recited. “Also Chloe is at-” He frowned as the message cut off, continuing only when he realised the rest had been wrote on his back. It certainly made him wonder how exactly she managed to pull this off as he read off the rest, especially considering Brian hadn’t even realised she had. “-work, so she won’t be back until the evening. Nathalie.”

As they both walked downstairs Zacky couldn’t help laughing as he followed Brian to the music room, not even with all the times he had to dodge his punches and having to endure his scowls. It was well-deserved considering he had tried and failing at getting the lipstick off his skin, resulting in making him look like a tattooed tomato.

--

‘I reach towards the sky, to stop myself cry
My heart’s grown cold without you
I won’t question why you’ve kept me alive
I’m safe in his arms so true now.’


When Brian pushed on the door to the music room I had moved from the piano to sit cross-legged in the corner with my custom guitar on my lap, playing a light riff as I sung a few random lyrics that had popped into my head earlier. I didn’t even realise when the pair entered, lost in the music as I had been so many times before.

‘The stars in the night, they lend me their light
To bring me closer to heaven with you.’


I quickly stopped as I heard something fall in front of me, looking up to see Zacky quickly trying to pick up the violin he had knocked over. He smiled sheepishly as I got up and gave him a hand to balance it back on its stand when I noticed Brian looking at me oddly.
“What?” I asked, the hand I had placed on my hip as I questioned him now falling to my side when I properly saw him. “Why do you look like a Smurf’s angry cousin?”

“That song, it was...wait,” He said before cutting himself off, narrowing his gaze at me. “I do not look like a Smurf’s angry cousin thank you very much. It was hard to get that stuff off.”

Both Zacky and I laughed as he pouted, with Zacky then asking the question I knew he wouldn’t be able to not come out with. “How the hell did you manage to pull that off? I mean you had it on the front and back!”

“He is a surprisingly heavy sleeper,” I replied as I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my chin on his chest to look up at him.

He smiled while returning the embrace, kissing me lightly on the head before responding with, “I wonder why?”

Zacky merely raised an eyebrow at the two of us as I twisted in his arms so that my back was to his chest, letting me see the best friend obviously in deep thought. “So... are you guys together-together now?” He asked, still not having picked up on Brian’s sneaky hint.

“And a lot more,” Brian said grinning, earning one in reply from Zacky and an elbow in the stomach from me. “What was that for?!”

I smiled sweetly up at him. “Just to say how much I love you.”

“That’s what I was telling Zacky; just how much I loved you last-” The second time was a lot harder than the first but I can’t say I cared much, although he did finally accomplish in getting Zacky to realise what he meant. The grin was all I needed to know. “Fine. If I can’t say that story, then you can tell us about what you were playing instead.”

“What, that lame song? It was nothing,” I said shrugging, pulling away from Brian to put my custom back into its case and set it back against the wall. “I can’t really remember what it was now. I don’t really pay attention to what I play.”

“I see you aren’t going to be help with song writing then,” he replied as I ushered both him and Zacky into the kitchen, grabbing a couple of ready-made waffles from the cupboard and shoving them into the toaster.

I split the two waffles between Brian and Zacky since I guessed neither of them wanted to wait for the next two I put in, and thought it would be the best solution. I don’t think Brian appreciated it though when I stole the corner of it however.

“Can you play all those instruments in that room then?” Zacky mumbled while munching happily on a waffle. “Well I guess you can’t, I mean there are loads in there. Drums, guitars, a piano, violins...”

“Trumpets, trombones, flutes and clarinets as well,” Brian added, wiping a few crumbs from around his mouth. “Plus I think I saw an oboe in there somewhere.”

“Probably,” I agreed, taking the next two waffles that popped out of the toaster for me. “Music is a very important aspect in my family’s life, that’s why we have probably every known instrument- or at least try to. As for playing them...” I nibbled at the waffle thoughtfully, just trying to remember exactly what was in the room and what I could play. “I can play pretty much all of them. Some I'm better than others in though, because I practised them more. Plus a triangle isn’t that hard to master.”

“You are so going to have to teach me to play that oboe.” Zacky grinned, attacking Brian for the next set of waffles that came out of the toaster.

“Maybe one day,” I agreed, tipping the waffle I had left onto Brian’s plate before placing mine in the sink. “Anyway you should eat while you can, we’re going around Matt and Val’s later.”

“Why?” Brian whined, dropping his plate in the sink on top of mine before curling his arms around my waist. “I thought it was just going to be me and you...”

“What about me?”

Brian grabbed the cloth from the side and threw at him, effectively answering his question. I shot Zacky a sympathetic look; he did look a bit lonely, even if he was only at the breakfast bar and we were by the sink. It was amazing how much one person could change another- just like I had been changed by Brian.

I reached back and pried myself from his grasp, picking up the discarded cloth and throwing it back on the side before turning to say, “Come on. We’re getting ready round Matt’s then we’re heading on to Deviate.”

Deviate?” Zacky said, instantly looking at Brian before at me. “Isn’t that the famous strip club in downtown LA? It’s meant to be one of the best.”

“Sure is, and luckily for you I can get us all in as VIP guests,” I replied smugly, enjoying the disbelief coating both of them. “I thought it would be a good place for a pre-Album celebration before you all disappear for however long. And don’t you worry Zacky; Chloe will be meeting us at Matt’s after work to join us.”

That simple statement seemed to instantly perk Zacky up and before I knew it he was trying to get me out of the door, grabbing the keys from the side on the way. I stuck both my arms out onto the door frame and stopped him from pushing me out into the hall, turning back to him with a light shake of my head. “As happy as I am to take you, there is a strict put-clothes-on-over-your-underwear-rule in my car.”

He looked down at his boxer-clad self before shrugging, edging his way around me and walking back upstairs, presumably to get changed.

As soon as he’d gone Brian had walked over and had pushed me up against the wall, a grin on his face as he crashed his lips hungrily against mine. “I think it’s time for young Nathalie to get out of those clothes,” he murmured slyly, supporting my legs as I wrapped them around his waist, my arms around his neck. “And into something a bit more comfortable.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse the horrible lyrics I randomly made up in place of the actual verse in Gunslinger; I was just trying to make it something more relatable to Nat.

So don't hate me for that xD