Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Deviate

“Have I ever said how much I love you?”

Chloe, Val and the rest of the guys were standing underneath the neon lettering of Deviate, with one of the group in particular staring up at them in disbelief.

“Love me for me, or for the fact I so happen to own this club?” Chloe asked, giggling as Zacky pulled her close to him and kissed her.

“How about because of both?” Zacky replied with a grin.

“I guess I can’t expect anything else,” Chloe sighed, clasping her hand in Zacky’s and dragging him over to where a male bouncer stood at the growing line outside the entrance. “Come on, it’s cold out and I chose to impress rather than dress practically.”

“Do you ever dress practically?” The bouncer asked as he unhooked the rope, essentially allowing them to skip the ever-growing queue outside. Chloe scowled at that comment and purposely shoved him as she passed, crossing her arms after with a sly expression.

“Luke, I do have the power to fire you.”

He feigned a pout, wagging his finger at her. “No, you can’t. Nat wouldn’t let you.”

“Only because you sold her that stupid custom of hers,” Chloe shot back. “I swear if you didn’t work there and Nat wouldn’t say anything then I would have had your ass out ages ago.”

Luke didn’t seem fazed by any of Chloe’s verbal assault, knowing that it was all pretty much just an act. Sure enough after a minute or so of her silent rage her scowl started to pick up, growing from just a twitch of a smile until it was a full-on grin.

“You are really bad at trying to be angry at someone Clo,” he laughed as she wrapped her arms around him a large bear hug. During this Zacky seemed to have taken on her scowl, causing Luke to lean in and whisper, “I think you’re making your boyfriend angry.” He pulled away from her and ruffled her hair fondly, glancing over at the others who had since been forgotten. “Nathalie’s waiting for you inside, so you better get going. She’s going to be-”

“Waiting for us too long otherwise,” Chloe quickly interrupted, shooting Luke a sharp glare before grabbing onto Zacky’s hand again and hauling him inside. Val and Matt followed suit after them with Jimmy and Johnny after to a mixed cry of ‘Alcohol’ and ‘Girls’. Brian remained behind looking at where his friends had gone when Luke turned to him, despite the fact he had actually been neglecting his bouncer duties for the past fifteen minutes.

“Brian, right?” He struck out a hand which Brian shook out of courtesy. “So you’re the person who had stolen my girl from me.”

"Your girl?"

Luke raised an eyebrow at his response, shaking his head with a light chuckle. “Don’t worry about it, there’s nothing going on between us- just friends. Which means if you do anything to her...” He paused to grin as if to accent his point. “You’ll be answering to me.”

--

Nathalie's POV

When I saw Luke and Brian talking I instantly thought that it must have been about me- especially when they both suddenly grew quiet as I walked up to them. “What were you talking about?”

“Nothing much,” Luke replied with a grin, pulling me over with one arm and draping it around my shoulders. “Just getting better acquainted with your boyfriend.”

I glanced over at Brian who just mimicked Luke’s grin. “Just talking about stuff. Nothing bad.”

My eyes narrowed as he reached over and ruffled my hair, much to my annoyance. “Why is it that I don’t believe you?” I swatted his hands away in a bid to try and rescue my hair, in which I had invested quite some time since I had left for the Club a lot earlier than the others.

He pouted at me. “You don’t trust me?”

Before I could reply Luke cut in, “But you trust me, right?”

“I haven’t decided yet,” I said, pushing away from Luke to look at them both.

Luke merely shrugged and went back to his duties of letting people into the Club, knowing full well exactly how I worked just like he knew Chloe. He knew nothing got me more annoyed than if the person I was trying to glare down just ignored me, and sure enough I couldn’t help but march right up to him and shove him in the shoulder.

“Stop ignoring me damnit!”

He waited until he let in at least ten more people before turning back to me to say, “You know, I have a job to do here.”

“Like shit you do,” I replied haughtily, shooting Brian a glare as he dared to laugh. “All you do is stand out here and unhook a rope for a person; that’s not a job.”

He looked hurt after I said that, making me feel very guilty as he turned away and began letting people through again. Even Brian looked a bit shocked at what I had said, increasing the guilt even further to the point where it felt uncomfortable just standing there.

“Sorry Luke- bit mean there,” I murmured, laughing weakly before stopping.

For a moment I didn’t think he was going to answer me until he reached back and flicked me on the forehead, grinning. “Don’t worry about it Nat; if I wanted to say anything back I could have. I do have leverage on you.”

“And what might that be?” I asked, frowning.

“You sure you want me to say it in front of him?” He said, gesturing at Brian. “After all, it was one freaky Summer-”

“Come on Brian, we have to go!” I interrupted quickly, pushing Brian’s shoulder to get him to turn before placing my hands on his back in an attempt to march him inside. He easily stopped me however, glancing back at Luke with a confused expression.

“What did she do?”

Thankfully Luke wasn’t up to divulging my secrets tonight, instead shaking his head with a laugh. “Enjoy the show tonight man. You’re going to love it.”

--

The free drinks rule for the VIP guests of Avenged Sevenfold was certainly not taken lightly; by the time it took me to track down Brian the guys had already amassed a miniature pyramid of empty beer glasses. Chloe and Val weren't too far behind either, filling the rest of the space with various sized cocktail and shot glasses.

We slid into the booth beside Jimmy, his arm soon sliding around my shoulders. He was clearly already under the influence of alcohol, if his lazy grin was anything to go by.

“I see you've taken liberty of the free drinks,” I commented, counting near twenty empty glasses and at least two other full ones for each person there. I then realised that Brian wasn't touching any of them, turning to him surprised. “Aren't you going to join in? It is a celebration and all.”

He grinned at me before pulling out a set of keys, spinning them around his fingers. “Driver.”

“Get a cab.”

“Someone has to be looking after everyone,” he replied with a shrug. It was only then that he realised I wasn't drinking either, prodding me lightly on the arm. “What about you? You are coming back with me tonight aren't you?”

“I wouldn't miss it for the world,” I murmured slyly, leaning across him and kissing him tenderly. “And you wouldn't want to either.”

“Excuse me. Nathalie?”

I twisted on Brian to see that Leana, one of the bar staff, was standing in front of the table. In the same movement I also managed to catch Jimmy staring at her with an odd look- maybe I should set them up later. He needed a girlfriend anyway, or at least get laid.

“Sarah told me to tell you she was just getting ready out back now,” Leana continued, placing fresh drinks on the table to replace the empty ones she took. “She said for you to go out when you can.”

“Thanks Leana.”

Crawling over Brian in order to get out of the booth I flashed Leana a smile as she teetered off, the large number of glasses she had stacked up wobbling dangerously as she weaved through the crowds back to the bar. At one point I thought she was going to drop them, but for some reason they never did with her. It was like a gift. With me they would have dropped a long time ago.

“Where are you going?” Brian asked, his bottom lip already threatening to drop into a pout.

“Just out back for a while,” I replied, lightly pecking him on the cheek. Before I left I turned to Jimmy who was in some sort of drinking contest with Val, and was currently losing. “Make sure you don't drink yourself to death. The best part is yet to come.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been meaning to update this for a looooong time.... my bad.
To make up for it I'll be posting quite a few chapters tonight for you guys. Hopefully I'll remember to update next time!