Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

A Date in the Sunset

Nathalie's POV

Watching the sunset on a beach may be a bit cliché, but I could think of nothing better then spending my time with my boyfriend, at a place where none of us had to act like anyone else. Brian didn't have to be the rock star any more, and I didn't need to be that wounded orphan. Here, we could be anyone we wanted to be.

“It's beautiful,” I murmured, resting my head against his shoulder as we watched the sun slip away. The beach was deserted apart from us, making it all that bit more special. “Have you ever seen anything like that?”

“Oh, I can think of one thing,” he replied, slyly.

“I don't count.”

He tightened his grip around me pressing my back against his chest as he brushed his lips across the back of my neck. “And why not? It's only a measly sunset. It happens every day. You are once in a lifetime.”

I couldn’t help but shiver in response to his kisses, unable to endure the tickling sensation any further as I deliberately pushed backwards and made him lose his balance and fall back onto the sand.

“That, is so unbelievably corny, Mr. Haner,” I said, swivelling round so that I was facing him.

“I don’t hear you complaining about the compliment though.”

I smiled. “Did I say I didn’t like it?”

“Well you were-” He stopped as something started ringing; leading me to dig in the pocket of the denim shorts I was wearing and pull out my cell.

Nothing came up on the caller ID, so I had no clue who was calling. “Hello? Who is this?”

Brian mouthed 'Who is it' up to me but I couldn't say, only shrugging, waiting for the caller to reveal themselves.

“I feel unloved. Not even recognised by young Talie...”

Talie? I knew that nickname...

“Matt?” I couldn't help grinning as he chuckled in response, meaning I was right. “How have you been? It's been ages!”

“I tried ringing you before, but your cell always seems to be off.”

I briefly glanced at the new cell in my hand, one I received through the post a couple of days after I lost my last one. I guessed that it had come from Alex, since as soon as I switched it on a text flashed saying, 'Try to make this one last. Alex x'

“Just a different number. How did you get this one?”

I didn't really need to ask, since I could guess anyway. “Alex. He's here now actually. HEY ALEX!”

A muffled reply came from the background before the cell obviously changed hands, another voice greeting me. “Hey Nat. You know, you'll probably make this company bankrupt with the amount of new phones I have to keep sending you.”

I scowled, accidentally hitting Brian on the nose with the back of my head as I turned. “Sorry Brian.”

“I'm Alex.”

I sighed. “Not you! Anyway, say hello.”

Holding the cell out in my hand a slightly amused hello from Brian replied to the equally sounding greeting upon the other end. Neither seemed to be up to any more than that so I returned my attention back to the conversation, wondering what Matt wanted. “So what did Matt want? He never calls.”

“That's because I never have the RIGHT NUMBER!” Matt answered, obviously taken hold of the cell again. “Also, it was to say that I'm coming up with the guys, and if you wanted, we could meet up.”

“Of course I will!” I squealed. I hadn't seen Matt and everyone for years; it would be nice to catch up. “When are you all coming over?”

“We’re leaving for Colorado tomorrow, so how about we drive down at the weekend? You can introduce me to the new man in your life.”

I sighed. “Alex told you that as well?”

He chuckled in reply. “Well since I can never seem to get hold of you, I have to find out from someone.”

“As long as Alex doesn’t tell you something embarrassing,” I said. “I can’t wait to see you-” I glanced down at Brian who was staring off into the distance, having forgotten I had pretty much been ignoring him for the past ten minutes. “Anyway I’ve got to go, the new man is getting grumpy. See you later Matt.”

Just as I was putting my cell away Brian turned back to me with a raised eyebrow. “Matt?”

“Different Matt,” I lowered myself so I could press my lips against his. “So, what were we talking about before we were interrupted?”

“I was just about to ask if you were going to accompany me on tour next month,” Brian answered, wrapping his arms across the small of my back and drawing me closer to his chest.

“What tour is it?"

“Taste of Chaos. We’re headlining with a few other bands, get to travel across the States with me,” Brian said. “Starts in Colorado.”

Colorado?

I pushed myself upright, straddling his stomach as I looked down. “Do you know any of the bands that are playing?”

“Why, wanting to see someone in particular?” Brian asked, gently easing himself to a sitting position and supporting me with an arm around the small of my back.

“No, just wondering.” Turning slowly in his arms I leant my back against his chest, my head on his shoulder as we both looked out onto the water. “I couldn’t have asked for a better first date. Thank you.”

He gently rested his cheek on the top of my head, tightening the hold he had around me. “Neither could I.”

--

Overlooking the beach stood a small group, varying in size as they leant over the metal bar and watched the couple on the sands. The pair in the middle of the group seemed extremely interested in their actions, proving their femininity through the ‘aahs’ and the ‘aww, how cute’ comments.

“You’re coming on tour with us, aren’t you, Clo?”

She turned to look at the man who spoke beside her with a smile. “Of course I am Zacky. Why would I pass up spending the next few months with my man?”

To the right of Chloe someone sighed, revealing the forlorn expression of Johnny. “It’s going to be so crowded on the bus.”

“Lighten up, little man,” Jimmy said as he draped an arm around him, despite the large height difference. He offered the beer in his hand which was gratefully accepted. “Just means it will be more interesting.”

“How long do you think it will be until we can't use the engagement excuse any more?” Val asked Matt, resting her arms upon his which were curled around her waist.

Matt followed her gaze down onto the beach, looking onto the couple of Brian and Nat. “Who knows. Maybe they'll even be the first down the aisle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel kind of sad when I read these over now =[

Jimmy </3