Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Cascade

Nathalie's POV

Never was I much of the shopper- I normally left that to Chloe- but I had to say everyone looked amazing in the outfits I brought along with me. Chloe was stunning in a champagne strapless dress, the skirt short at front, hovering at mid-thigh, while falling back into a soft trail around her feet. Val had slipped into a sleek black number, the fabric bound across her chest at one shoulder which also exposed most of her back, with only a strap or two diagonally in support. My own followed the corseted style I was used to, with the top part of my full length dress black patterned with a petal design while the skirt was white with a similar design in red falling down the side. The guys proved they didn’t only go for the ‘badass’ look and smartened up well in tuxedoes, earning a few sly wolf whistles from myself, Val and Chloe as a result. I had also arranged a limo for the night, since we couldn’t exactly take the tour bus to the restaurant and it just seemed to add to the ‘fairytale’ type feeling I was going for.

“Nathalie, this is a bit much you know,” Brian commented as he helped me out of the car, mainly because balance certainly wasn’t my friend when I was in heels as high as the ones I was wearing. “The outfits, the car, the dinner- this must have cost a fortune.”

“I’d rather live five minutes of heaven and end up penniless after than never witness it and stay rich for eternity,” I replied simply, curling my arms around one of his before adding, “Anyway, as long as I have you, I don’t need money.”

“Probably because he can pretty much cover your expenses anyway,” Jimmy slyly cut in, the arm of Leana curled around his own. I had invited Leana and Sarah along tonight since other than Jimmy or Johnny everyone else had partners already- well, almost everyone. The Berry brothers came along as a pair anyway. “The perk of dating a famous musician, eh Nathalie?”

“Watch it Jimmy, otherwise I won’t let you in.”

“But... but Nat! You have to let us in!” Leana whined, her eyes already widening into the infamous puppy look.

“Yeah Nat, you have to let us in,” Jimmy repeated, trying his best to copy Leana but failing miserably, probably due to the fact he knew I would never leave him out anyway.

“Just ignore him Nat,” Val said as she moved in step with me and Brian, her hand clasped in Matt’s. “I know I’ve had quite a few years to practice, but you’ll eventually get it down.”

Jimmy pouted. “That hurt.”

She turned to him, grinning, with no hint of remorse. “You’ll get over it.”

As we arrived at the entrance of Cascade I murmured a quick apology and left the group to greet the host at the door, wrapping my arms around his waist and staring up at him, my chin balanced on his chest as I grinned.

He echoed my smile, holding me at arm’s length so he could look at me, whistling in approval. “Someone is looking exceptionally hot today.”

“Why thank you Luke,” I replied, “you're not looking too bad yourself.” I dropped my arms from around him and took Brian’s hand as he walked over with the others. “Is everything ready?”

Luke adopted a formal grace as he addressed me next, probably just to keep up appearances as the host of the restaurant. It was one of the finest in the district after all, and reservations normally had to be made weeks in advance. Luckily for me, I had my own connections. “Everything is as you request, Miss. Taylor. If you follow me into the dining hall, I will gladly show you your seats.”

During the time we were following him Brian bent down slightly to whisper in my ear, gesturing to Luke who was only a few paces in front of us. “How many jobs does that guy have? I thought he was just the bouncer at Chloe’s club.”

“Nope, he has quite a few actually,” I chuckled, bringing up my fingers one by one as I tried to remember each of them. “He’s a host here at Cascade, the bouncer at Deviate, the manager of a music shop in the mall and also runs the ice rink from time to time.”

“Don’t forget selling chocolates,” Luke added, obviously having overheard us, “and volunteering at the animal shelter.”

Brian was taken aback. “How do you have time to do all that?”

At that moment we reached our table, centred in the middle of a vast hall. All the others had been moved away, leaving us with a large empty space.

He turned back to Brian, replying, “Some things you will never know about people, until you find out yourself without having to ask.” He then addressed us all. “There are wines of all natures upon the table, along with beers for the gentlemen and other spirits if you would prefer. The starters will be coming out for you shortly. I hope you enjoy your stay with us at Cascade.”

“You can drop the formal act Luke, we are all friends here,” I said while taking my seat between Brian and Chloe.

Luke inclined his head in a short bow, smiling. “But that is all part of the fun.”

--

With the dinner finished and everyone pretty much intoxicated on a healthy mixture of wine, beer, shots, tequila, vodka and every other kind of alcohol there was, it had to be said that this was one of the best nights in my life. Compared to the others I was no where near drunk having just stuck to the same glass of wine all night, but I couldn’t deny the light buzz that put a permanent smile on my face.

Since I had booked out the whole restaurant for us we could make the occasion into a sort of disco, Luke acting as the DJ along as being the host, with some of the dance moves performed by us probably being some of the first this place had ever seen. The last song had just ended so the girls- namely Chloe, Val, Sarah and Leana who were all very, very drunk- came stumbling back, falling onto both seats, floor and partners. The next song was slow; one that definitely sounded like it should be playing during the scene of a romantic prom between two people. I looked around to complain to Luke and tell him to change it when I noticed him already at my side, his hand extended down to me.

“Would you care to dance?”

I almost fell out of my chair, had it not been for Brian who reacted quickly enough to stop me. “What? But why?”

He looked hurt. “Am I not allowed to ask my friend for one dance? You never used to mind when you were younger.”

“Probably because I was five, and didn’t know you were taking advantage of me,” I said with a frown, just trying to figure out what his angle was. If he had one, that is. “I have a boyfriend already you know.”

He rolled his eyes, reaching out into his back pocket and pulling out his cell to show me a picture of him with his arm around a pretty brunette. “I have a girlfriend too.”

“Really?” Chloe slurred, stumbling over in her heels and snatching the cell for a few moments before he snatched it back with a scowl. “All this time I thought you were gay.”

“Cheers for that comment Clo,” Luke said darkly as she was carted off by Zacky who apologised in her wake, presumably because she had lent against Brian’s chair and had been sliding down it. He turned to me again. “Come on Nat, just one?”

I eyed him suspiciously before reluctantly agreeing, taking his hand and letting him lead me into a soft waltz around the table. “What’s your angle?”

He feigned innocence. “Why must there be an angle? Why can’t I just ask for one dance from an old friend?”

“Because this old friend knows when a certain Luke is planning something. Out with it.”

He just smiled and shook his head, leaving me without an answer. We swayed for a few more turns before another figure joined us on the floor.

“Nat?” The voice didn't belong to Luke, but to a rather awkward looking Brian. “Could I cut in?”

“Here.” Luke placed my hand in his, formally stepping away. “I was just making sure she still remembered how to dance.”

I could have sworn I saw a mischievous look on his face as he turned away, just managing to catch it before Brian curled his hand around my waist and pulled the other into the air in the traditional waltz pose.

“I didn't know you could dance,” I said as we swayed to the slow beat, breaking the awkward silence between us because I knew he wasn't going to.

“You never asked,” he replied with a smile. “I never knew you basically owned a record company either.”

It was my turn to smile, moving his hand from around mine to my waist so that I could wrap both of mine around his neck. “You never asked either. I would have told you. I tell you everything.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Yes.”

“Realllllly?”

My eyes narrowed. “Yes.”

“Did you ever... you know...” He trailed off, his gaze disappearing to the ceiling. “...with Matt?”

“What?” I choked out, pulling away from him. “Of course not! We are old friends. My parents used to travel a lot since they preferred to find talent themselves, and I went with them. Certainly made my childhood fun, even though it meant I didn't stay in one place for too long.”

“I didn't think you were much of a traveller.”

“You're right; I'm not.”

“You're not?”

“Nope,” I replied, shaking my head. “That's who I was, not who I am. I don't really like to go abroad any more. Nothing can beat home.”

“You can say that again,” he agreed, taking my hand once again and stepping back into the beat. “It’s great touring and all, but home is where the heart is.”

I rested my head against his chest, silently thanking Luke for this. “Anything else to ask?”

“Just one more thing.”

“Shoot.”

He leaned in, whispering in my ear just as the song came to an end. Brian broke away, looking at me hopefully as he waited for my answer.

“Maybe.”

“Maybe?” He echoed, his expression falling.

“It doesn't mean I'm saying no.”

He seemed to brighten up after I said that, letting me lead him back to the table where I could pick up my bag from the table. Everyone was pretty much done; if the fact most of them were laying about in a semi-conscious state had anything to do with it. Surprisingly Jimmy and Johnny were relatively sober, but I put that down to the fact they had to look after someone else for once. I chose Jimmy to speak to, since I guessed that he would be the one to help everyone home tonight.

“The driver will come back at any moment, you just need to give him a call,” I said, scribbling a number on a nearby tissue and handing it to him, adding, “You can drop Leana and Sarah off at my house if you are not taking them back to the bus. Brian's bed will be free though, so you might as well use it. They won't mind sharing a bed if you don’t.”

Brian prodded me in the side. “Where am I sleeping then?”

“With me.”

Jimmy pulled a face as I winked at Brian, obviously picking up on the hint I had given him. “Thanks for that Nat.”

“No problem Jimmy,” I replied brightly. “I'll leave you to it.”

Grabbing Brian by the hand I pulled him to the door, thanking Luke on the way out as he held the door open for us. I stopped after we reached the parking lot towards the back, rummaging in my bag and pulling out a set of keys.

“You can't drive, you've been drinking,” Brian pointed out as he saw the keys in my hand.

I turned to him, hand on my hip. “Of course I'm not.”

Luke appeared then, plucking the keys from my hand. “Why hello there, my name is Luke and I am your personal chauffeur today.”

“Do you know what?” I looked at him oddly. “Chloe is right.”

He looked at me, confused. “About what?”

“You do come across as a bit gay.”

“You shouldn't say that to someone who can purposely crash and kill you,” Luke replied with a scowl, getting into the drivers seat while I followed Brian to the passenger side.

He frowned when he opened the door, noting the fact it was a two-seater car. “You never choose practical cars, do you?”

I climbed in after him, sitting on his lap like I had done before and stretching the seatbelt over us both. “I didn't think you would want a large car. Matt's covered that.”

“You should at least get a car with four seats, it was fine when it was just Zack and me but not now you and Clo have- wait.” He looked down at me as I rested against his chest. “What do you mean by me not wanting a large car?”

Luke did the honours of explaining, “As I believe it, this is what Nathalie considers a bad apology.”

“A bad apology?” I tried to fake that I was asleep, but it didn't work. Not when you are trying not to laugh or someone was prodding you incessantly in the arm for a reply. “This thing is mine?”

“Only if you want it.”

“You know I can't accept something like this.”

“It's a Lambo,” Luke cut in, causing an expression of pain to occur on Brian's face as he still shook his head in refusal. “You can want it. Be lucky she only got you this and not your own house.”

“She bought you your own house?”

“It's not like you accepted it Luke,” I pointed out, frowning. “Even though it was perfectly nice.”

“You were going to buy a huge estate! I'm only one guy!”

“You have a girlfriend.”

“So now I have a girlfriend?” Luke retorted, braking a little too harshly and jerking the car to a stop. He pulled out the keys from the ignition and tossed them on my lap before getting out. “You love birds have fun. I'm out of here.”

We managed to untangle ourselves from the seatbelt and get out just seeing Luke driving out in a smaller car he had left at mine earlier, quickly disappearing down the street the same way we had came. I guessed he was going back to the others, since he couldn't exactly let them trash the place.

Brian stood behind me and looped his arms around my waist, commenting, “You really planned this all out, didn't you?”

I turned and smiled. “If I’m going to get you back, I better do it properly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
An excellent guitarist, a singer and now a dancer... I wish this story-Brian was mine </3