Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Of Beanbags And Seatbelts

The next week passed so quickly I couldn’t tell where it went, but considering I spent the majority of it with Brian it didn’t matter too much. He used to dutifully come over to the house each day in the afternoon to hang out but ever since I expressed a liking for pancakes he started to come over earlier in the morning to help us make some for breakfast. If there was anything I never expected from him that was his ability to cook; or at least his ability to cook fantastic pancakes. Along with this there were his stories; something that we could all have a laugh at while up in the beanbag room.

It was quite amusing to watch his reaction the first time I took him up to the beanbag room, since it was just one that had disbelief written all over it.

“You actually have a beanbag room. And all this time I thought you were joking,” he had said, shaking his head in amazement.

However even with him saying that it didn’t take long for the beanbags to win him over. They never failed. In fact that was where we usually hung out now, snuggled up together on the large beanie watching a film. This time it was The Godfather- his choice.

“Your friends must feel abandoned,” I murmured as I traced random patterns on his chest with my finger, smiling broadly as he shook under my touch from it tickling.

I was still in one of Brian’s hoodies that I wore to bed last night, despite it now being afternoon. It took quite a lot of effort for me to get completely changed each day due to my aching chest, so in the end Brian just said not to bother to ‘smarten’ myself up for him when he came over. He had already seen me at my worst in the hospital so I didn’t see the harm in doing so, even if Chloe just suspected he said that because all I wore to bed was some form of top and coloured underwear.

“Nah, I told them I was seeing a hot chick so they let me off,” he replied with a grin, sliding his arm around my back to twist me round so he could kiss me lightly on the forehead. We had been doing this a lot lately- but never on the lips- and eventually Chloe was coming up to me asking if we were going out but I never knew what to say- I didn’t know myself.

“Aww, you said that about me? How sweet,” I said while reaching up to kiss his neck before nestling into it. “Don’t worry, I tell Chloe all about your cute ass all-“

I didn’t get to finish as my room-mate's shrieks echoed up the stairs from the front room where we had crashed last night, the mass of popcorn, sweets and melted ice cream more than likely still crushed into the carpet. However, that wasn’t what she was ranting about. In fact, it wasn’t even me, with all I could do was to laugh as Brian sank into the beanie next to me.

“I SWEAR Brian, why are all your clothes everywhere? Why don't you just MOVE in already!”

The shrieking maiden soon appeared in the doorway with her arms piled up with the clothes he had gradually brought over during the week, dumping them on the floor before turning swiftly on her heel and walking out. I could have sworn I heard her mutter something along the lines of ‘probably doing it on the couch’ but as soon as I looked at the sheer look of horror on Brian’s face I had to try extremely hard to keep the laughter at bay, only able to giggle quietly for fear that if I let go my chest would just shatter completely after it had pretty much healed.

“I don’t think your friends would be too happy for you to move in here. They’ll think I really stole you from them then,” I teased as I walked over to the pile of clothes, rummaging through them happily without even thinking to ask for permission. It’s not like he can really say anything about it, he had basically lived here for the past week anyway. I soon found a black sleeveless hoodie with a grey chequered design on the back, pulling it on carefully over the one I had on and twirling with it on in front of the mirror in the corner. “I think it suits me better then it did on you.”

Brian looked up to see what I had found when his smile instantly darkened and he leapt up off the beanie, chasing after me as I tore off down the stairs.

“Not that one! I’m wearing that tonight!” He cried as I laughed manically from the kitchen, only to be trapped between him and the breakfast bar. He eased the hoodie off of me and swung it over his shoulder as he placed his arms on either side of me on the bar, leaning in with a triumphant grin. “So are you still coming tonight?”

I looked at him confused. “To where?”

He pouted at me childishly before flicking the backstage pass I had yet to take off, my eyes widening in dismay as I stared from that to the clock on the microwave.

“That’s tonight?!”

I screamed this loud enough that Chloe appeared in the kitchen just as Brian was backing off, already being dressed up in a low cut violet top that glorified her cleavage and a miniskirt that threatened to expose her underwear at any given moment. She had curled her blonde hair so that it tumbled just past her shoulders and even added in a few streaks of purple to her bangs to compliment her outfit. To top this off she was wearing the black, heeled boots I had always tried to steal but never seemed to accomplish, donning the traditional ‘smoky’ eye look to bring out her grey eyes.

“Babe, you need to come out of your world and into ours sometimes,” Chloe muttered as I began to rush around frantically with no real plan in mind, turning to plead with her that the time on the microwave wasn’t actually right. “Sorry Nat, the clock is right. We have to leave in about... half an hour.”

--

As Nathalie pushed past Brian to race up the stairs she yelled, “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” just before slamming the door shut behind her, the shower turning on only seconds later. Chloe turned to Brian with a raised eyebrow after looking at him up and down, shaking her head in disapproval.

“I’m guessing you need to get ready too?” She didn’t give him any time to reply as she continued regardless. “Upstairs, go through the second door on the right. It’s an en-suite so you will have to walk through the guest bedroom to get there, you should see it as soon as you go in.”

He flashed a smile and murmured quick thanks as he followed in Nathalie’s footsteps racing up the stairs, once again the bathroom door slamming shut as another shower was turned on. Chloe could only sigh as she grabbed a can of coke from the fridge before retreating to the front room to watch TV.

--

After a ten minute shower and another ten spent on drying and then straightening my hair I yelled down the stairs for Chloe, my body encased in a towel considering I was only wearing a bra and jeans underneath. She held a look of resent as she walked up the stairs and followed me to my room, closing the door behind her as I dropped the towel and grabbed my clothes.

“Could you do the back of this up for me?” I asked as I held the black, boned corset against my chest, grimacing slightly as she began to tug at the silver ribbons to loop them into each of the holes and tie them into an elegant bow at the end.

As she stepped back she performed a loud wolf-whistle, my cheeks flushing as she complimented me on my choice of outfit. “You trying to impress someone?”

“Maybe...” I replied devilishly as I looked at myself in the mirror, playing with my bangs until they fell perfectly over my right eye.

It had to be said that I did look pretty good, the corset that I was wearing actually being one that Chloe had customised for me specially, the swirl, stitch design across the chest in a silver colour to match the ribbons while she had printed A7X down the left side in a light grey colour. I wore this over a pair of black skinny jeans that I stole from Chloe to accompany the strappy heels I was wearing, the ends of the lace snaking up my ankle flowing gently behind me as I walked. Also on my left arm I had Chloe drape a pair of black and silver ribbons just so it wasn’t as bare, while a deathbat necklace dangled just between my breasts.

Since time was running out Chloe grabbed my hand and hauled me down the stairs to the kitchen where she said Brian was waiting, forcing me to stop in the hallway as she introduced me first, almost as if I were being presented in some sort of ball.

“Look who got all made up for you!” She sung just as Brian looked up, his mouth soon dropping as she stepped aside to let me past.

--

Brian’s POV

Wow.

That was all I could think as Nathalie walked over to me, my eyes unable to take in her great body all at once. If I could have taken her right there and then I definitely would have- whether or not her friend was there. I wrapped my arms around her and drew her close as I murmured gently in her ear, just being this close making my mind explode. “You look beautiful.”

I leant in to kiss her for our first time on the lips but stopped as I noticed Chloe tapping her foot impatiently in the hallway, her expression emphasising the fact she was very agitated.

“Shall we get going, or should I give you five minutes beforehand for whatever you are planning to do?” Chloe asked, my mind only wishing for her to actually live up to her words. However Nathalie decided to pull back with an apologetic smile before running over to her friend and dragging her down the hallway and out the front door.

I paused for a few moments to try and calm my frantic heartbeat before walking out of the kitchen after them, shoving my hands into my pockets as I tried to figure out why I was acting like this.

I wanted her.
Was I really falling for her?


“Come on Brian, I don’t want to be late,” Nathalie said as she waited for me, smiling, at the bottom of the steps, the silver dust that coated her eyelids causing her blue eyes to sparkle in the dying light.

She curled her hand around mine and began to steer me towards the large building attached to the side of their house. I couldn’t help but wonder what it was going to be until she dragged me inside, unable to stop myself from gasping as I looked upon a number of expensive cars hidden there. However she didn’t give me time to look at any of them as she dragged me to what must have been the largest one of the lot, just the name attached to the car making it very clear why her parents had installed extra security.

“That’s...” I began, unable to actually choke out the words as I looked upon the most expensive car in manufacture. A Bugatti Veyron.

“My car,” she finished happily, pulling on the door handle where it slid upwards, looking as if it had bat wings.

“Why couldn’t we have used this car for Bat Country?” I muttered under my breath as I climbed in, the interior seeming to be furnished better than most homes. Chloe was already in the driver’s seat with her hands gripped on the wheel, turning her head to speak to me before Natalie climbed in and planted herself on my lap.

“Sorry, we only have two seater cars. Nathalie’s is the biggest one we have, I hope you don’t mind. It didn’t actually occur to me until a few days ago, and by that time we wouldn’t have had time to hire anything.”

Nathalie turned to look at me with a mischievous grin, obviously having not forgotten herself. She hadn’t said anything on purpose- I hadn’t forgotten the comment she made in my car.

“But mine is better.”

“I’ll give you that, your car is much nicer.” Especially considering that was only a rental for a couple of days.“Although how is this safe for you? You don’t have a seatbelt,” I pointed out as Chloe started the engine, easing the car out of the garage and onto the driveway as it closed automatically behind us. She just turned onto the main road as Nathalie reached for my arms and wrapped them around her while resting her head upon my chest, her breath tickling my neck as she spoke.

“Of course I do. I have you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for today :)

There is an explanation for Nathalie's apparant 'riches', but you'll have to wait and carry on reading to find out what it is.