Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

23.

Zack’s POV

The black car sped out of the parking lot and I couldn’t believe what I had just seen. Max and I had told her to stay away from this guy, and she runs off with him into the sunset. I turned to Max and it looked as if his head was about to explode.

“Dude, chill a little alright? She’ll be fine, he’s just taking her home” I said as I slid into the passenger seat. I could hear the doubt in my own voice. Max just glared at me as he slammed the car door shut.
“We told her not to go near him right? Like, we stood there and said the words” I nodded and Max started the car. We sat there in silence for a few minutes before he pulled out of the spot and made his way towards the highway.

“So, why don’t you care more about this?” Max asked me all of a sudden.
“What…what?” I asked in disbelief. “I care! I have known her for 8 years of course I care. But it’s her life. I’m not gonna stop her from doing what she wants.” Max shook his head and scoffed. The next few minutes of silence were awkward and all of a sudden I realized.

“You..you really do like her don’t you?” I smiled slyly. Max kept his eyes on the road, but clutched the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were turning white. I had to hold in my laughter.
“What? No!” he defended lamely and failed to hold in a small smile. I laughed at his red face.
“Oh you so DO!” he turned the radio up and no more words were said until we got to my house. He turned the car off and turned to me.

“So like...What’s it like being her friend when she has a boyfriend to distract her?”
“Okay first of all, you’re not being her boyfriend. I’m not losing my first friend that is actually a guy in three years to a girl who when you break up will force me to choose, and it will be her just so you know. Second of all..she uh, she hasn’t had one yet.” I fiddled with a loose strand on the bottom of my shirt.
“She hasn’t had a boyfriend yet? Seriously. Is it because she hangs with you all the time? Do people think you are together?”
“I don’t know, maybe. Probably” I looked out the window.
“Have you ever..?”
“Uh, yeah. Once. In 10th grade. For about 2 weeks. We decided to give it a go, but it ended up being easier as friends. We didn’t even kiss or anything. I did touch her boob though” I laughed quietly to myself, remembering back to that day.

“What are you doing this afternoon?” Max asked me. I shrugged back at him. “Let’s go over to hers and eat her food” My eyes lit up. Addison always had the best food at her house.
“Or so you can perv on her” He punched my arm and laughed. He restarted the car and backed out of my driveway. We headed over to Addison’s and parked a little bit away from her house Max began to unbuckle his seatbelt.

“Wait” I pulled on his jacket “She isn’t home yet”
“How do you know?”
“She always opens the front window when she’s home. Always” he nodded and sat back in the car. We sat there listening to some random cd in his car when a certain black Charger pulled into the street. I don’t know why but Max and I bent down quickly and hid from sight. We peeked up over the dash and saw Addison and Ronnie exit the car.

He’s not going to go inside is he?” Max whispered to me. I shook my head.
“I don’t think so, he’s not even standing on the steps at her front door” I looked back up over the dash and saw Ronnie standing there holding Addison’s hand, swinging it back and forth as they talked. She had a huge grin. His matched hers.

She leaned in for a kiss, but pulled back and hesitated. He leaned forward and closed the gap between them and held her face as he kissed her. I rolled my eyes. Max hit his head on the steering wheel and I choked out a laugh. When I looked back up, Ronnie had gotten back into his car and was backing out of the driveway. Addison waved and went inside her house.
Max and I exited his car and walked across the street to her door.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading everyone!

comments please
xx.
p.s
everyone should read this and this.
they are both really good, promising stories that are just starting off.
go read!