Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

25.

Zack’s POV

No sooner had I slammed the door behind me I heard it pulled open again.

“Zack!” Addison yelled behind me. I ignored her and stormed across the street. This happened every time I got a guy friend. They got all into Addison and I had to ditch them. Of course she didn’t know, why would I tell her she was the reason I got rid of them all? Addison had been my closest friend for so long. When she showed any interest in a guy it killed me inside. I didn’t want to share her. She was mine.
I stopped when I reached the park across from her house and sat on a set of swings. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at her.

“Hey”
“That’s all you’ve got to say? Hey?” she sat on the swing next to me and twisted it around to face me. I shrugged.
“Why did you get so mad? Obviously nothing happened. I pushed him off me”
“What did happen?” She looked into her lap and I twisted the swing I was sitting on to mirror her position.
“Well..i had gone upstairs and sat in Max’s room” I raised one eyebrow at her. “I didn’t know it was his!”
“Okay sorry keep going” I chuckled.
“Well he just came in, all drunk and stuff. We were just chatting then he started kissing me and I said stop but then he didn’t and then Ronnie came in”
“Ronnie?” I scoffed. She gave me a stern look.
“Yes. He told Max to back off so he left.” I looked off into the distance.
“Then Max punched you” Addison smiled a little, and I couldn’t help but smile back.
“Obviously stuff happened between” We shared a laugh. She twisted her swing more and let it go so she span in a small circle, looking at her feet the entire time. We sat in silence for a short time. I let out a small sigh.

“He’s wrong for you, you know” I said suddenly, breaking the silence. She looked up at me. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew I was right.
“No he isn’t”
“Addison,” I pleaded.
“No, shut up. What is it to you who is right or wrong for me anyway? I like him, that should be the end of it and as my friend you should accept it” she said a little too defensively.
“What if I don’t accept it?”
“Well who said I accepted all those random girls you have every weekend?” she spat back at me.
“Addison, you know this is different…”
“How exactly?” She stood up quickly “If I recall, you have slept with ALL of them, none of them have lasted longer than two weeks and I bet you don’t even remember their names. God, Zack you’re almost 19”
“It’s different because he’s a douche, Addie” She let out a scoff and sat back down.
“Don’t get me started. Why do you care anyway?” I bent over in the swing and rested my elbows on my knees.

We sat in silence again. This time for longer, not even looking at each other. I wondered what Max was doing. Probably sitting in her house too scared to move. I let out a small laugh.
“What is it?” she asked softly.
“Thinking about what Max is doing right now”
“Sitting in my house, too scared to move right?” We both laughed.

“What changed?” I looked up at her.
“What do you mean?” I replied, swinging slowly.
“We don’t fight” She came over and sat on my lap. “We’re best friends Zack, the last fight we had was deciding who broke up with who when we decided that dating wasn’t right for us” I let out a small chuckle and wrapped my arms around her waist into a hug.
“I guess, we’ve grown up and it’s just different now that we are having relationships and stuff.” She nodded.

“Addison, I don’t like all this attention you are getting. Ronnie and Max and whatnot” She looked at me, puzzled. “This boy attention. You’re mine Addison. No one else’s. What am I supposed to do when you are out with your boyfriend?” she smiled. She thought I was joking.
“Sorry, dad” She emphasized the ‘Dad’. I looked at her with the most serious face I could muster. Her smile faltered.

“Zack, I..”
“Addison, you’re not getting it”
“Getting WHAT?” she stood up from me, and her hands flew to her hips. “Why are you doing this? Everything was fine, why the outburst?” I stood up off the swing and something inside me snapped, and my lips couldn’t stop the words from coming out.

“Because I have been in love with you for 8 years Addison!” I practically yelled at her. I then whispered quietly; “How could you not see that”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys, I am so so so sorry for the ridiculously late update. I had posted my last update just before end of term assessments and I had been so busy with them until about 3 days ago when I finally finished. thankyou for being so patient.

And sorry for the twist, it is going somewhere i promise ;)
love you love you love you.
xx.