Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

3.

I looked up and the sun was in my eyes. I squinted and saw a shadow lean down and extend a hand to help me up. I hesitated before taking it. I stood up and the boy with the shaggy black hair looked at me puzzled, still holding my hand.
“I’m sorry…didn’t mean to be rude...but...uh...do I know you?”
“Excuse me?” I was extremely confused. I have never even met this guy. I was certain.
“Oh, it’s just, you look really familiar to me” he lowered his voice to a whisper. “Did we have sex?”
“What?!” I yanked my hand out of his. “No we did not! And I find you highly inappropriate.” I turned on my heels and began to walk in the opposite direction, I heard him laugh behind me. I turned around and glared at him. He was still laughing as he started walking the other way. I was annoyed, how someone I just met could be so rude.

I was thinking about Zack when I was walking home. All I could think about was going over to his house. I couldn’t decide whether it was a good idea or not. I decided to go home and just call him.

My mother was waiting at the door when I got home.
“Addison McGinley! What did you do?” she had her hands on her hips. I looked at her with my hands in the air.
“What??” I yelled to her.
“Zack Baker has been calling this house every 5 minutes for an hour! Apologizing, begging to talk to you. He thinks you hate him! What. Did. You. Do?” I looked at her incredulously.
“Zack’s been calling?”
“Yes, now I suggest you answer the phone next time because I am assured it will be him.” I heard the phone rang and ran inside. Mum was right, it was him.
“Hello?”
“Addie! Oh thank god! I am so sorry about before-“
“Zack! Zack, Zack, calm down,” I cut him off mid sentence. “I am the one who should be apologizing. I was insensitive and I didn’t realize how touchy you were about it.”
“No, its just, I thought you were judging me about it and, this sounds weird, but I really care about what you think and the whole sleeping with a lot of girls thing, well, I didn’t want to get a girlfriend you wouldn’t approve of and-“
“What?!” I cut him off again. “A girlfriend I approve of? Zack, it’s not up to me who you want to go out with.”
“But you’re my best friend, and I love you.”

I was silent. Those words sounded different to me. Weird. I felt a weird stirring in my stomach. Was I going to vomit?
“Addison? You still there?”
I hung up the phone. He is going to kill me at school. My brain was going fuzzy. I didn’t even know how to think. What the hell was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
its just a short one but i felt like updating :)
thanks so much 10 readers and 2 subscribers already!
yay!
working on chapter 4 tomorrow :D
xx.