Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

7.

For the rest of the day, Zack and Max didn’t stop talking. Talking about music, movies, Max’s old school and cars. Cars? I didn’t even know Zack was into cars. I was practically the third wheel. I felt a little hurt considering it has been just me and Zack for so long but I was genuinely happy that Zack has a guy friend now. He hasn’t had one in a while. Occasionally they would include me in the conversation, ask my opinion, but I didn’t really feel like it. I think Zack sensed I was feeling left out and was talking about bands that I liked, but he eventually got over my half-hearted answers. I felt like a bitch. But really, this Max guy wasn’t helping.

“-and the new Ferrari, it’s amazing. What do you think Addie?” I jolted out of my trance and looked over at Max. Did he just call me Addie?

“Uh...What?” I manage.

“The new Ferrari, what do you think of it?” Zack asked me, with the kind of expression that says ‘Come on, make me look cool’. But he was annoying me.

“Zack, I have known you for 8 years and never have I once seen you have any iota of interest in cars” I stood up and walked to the next class, the bell wasn’t going to ring for another 5 minutes, but I just wanted to get out of there. I know he was going to give me hell for it later. I guess we will have that discussion when I drive him home after school. That is, unless he gets a ride home with his new best friend.

I walked out to my car at the end of the day, not expecting Zack to come, so it surprised me when he jumped in the car just as I was going to pull out of the spot.

“Gee, thanks for waiting” He said sarcastically as he buckled his seatbelt.
“Oh, sorry, I would’ve thought you had a ride home with your new bestie” I spat back at him. I was unusually frustrated.
“Woah, spiteful much. And he doesn’t have a car” He retorted.
“Sorry Zacky, I don’t know why I am in this mood. I guess I just felt a little left out today”
“Oh. That’s my fault. Sorry man, it’s just, Max is so cool! Did you know he used to be in this band with his best friend from his old school, and his parents are dentists? Like, how weird, a person like Max has dentists for parents.” Zack informed me of Max’s entire life the rest of the ride home. It wasn’t until I turned into his driveway that he stopped.
“Well, thanks for the ride Addie, it really helps my parents when they’re working” He said as he jumped out of the car and came around to the driver’s side door and leaned in the window. He gave me an awkwardly placed hug, and waved from his steps as I backed out and drove home. The funny feeling in my stomach didn’t stop until I was well and truly home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks guys, 6 subscribers!
thanks for reading my new chapters and my old story :)
xx.
comments.criticism?