Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

8.

The rest of the week passed by pretty quickly. It was too repetitive for me to notice. Go to school, have Max and Zack fawn all over each other then go home. I didn’t even realize it had gotten to Thursday until Max started talking about what was happening on the weekend. He was having some sort of party. He invited Zack than quickly invited me when he realized he hadn’t yet. I rolled my eyes and accepted. A party is a party.

I had grown to really dislike Max, always talking about his old school and ‘awesome’ friends, and how hardcore they were. How they would go out drinking every weekend and how high they got. Zack was lapping it up. He and I were hanging out less and less, with us only talking to and from school. I sat there at lunch and in class just listening to Max’s stories, Zack sometimes adding his own in. The last 8 years must not have happened, as I wasn’t in any of them.

On the Thursday afternoon, Zack invited me to hang out at his house while his parents were away. I was excited, because I was glad to hang with just him. Zack was getting a ride home with Max and his mum that afternoon. I didn’t mind, it gave me a chance to get home quicker and change. I decided to wear my denim jeans and a purple band t-shirt. Casual, but still nice. I also decided to walk. I had gotten quite dependant on my car since I got my license a month ago and it had started to show.

When I got to Zack’s doorstep, I could hear really loud music playing, so I just let myself in. I decided not to bother waiting to see if he would answer the door. I walked in and saw Zack laying on his lounge, eyes closed. How could he sleep with this music playing?

“Zack” I said as I leant over him. “ZACK!” He jolted awake.
‘Addie, what the fuck?” he sat up and faced me. I stared at him, about to explain to his forgetful self that he had invited me over when a huge smile erupted on his face. I smiled back at his grin and gave him a hug.

“How could you even sleep with that music?” I asked.
“Well you know, it calms me. I rented a movie for us to watch”
“Oh which one? It better have been a good one because you have shit movie choices” I bent over and picked up the DVD case. It was ‘Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?’
“You got Baby Jane?” I looked at him and he shrugged.
“You said a while ago you liked it so I figured we could watch it.
“Aw, thanks Zack. He put the DVD in, and we sat on the lounge to watch it. He picked up the precooked popcorn and set it on my lap. He placed his arm around my shoulder and picked at the popcorn with his other hand. By the end of it the popcorn had gone, and I was laying with my head on a pillow in Zack’s lap.
“What did you think of it?” He asked me as he looked down at me. I was about to answer when i looked up into his eyes and paused.
“Wow, I never noticed you have a ring of hazel around your irises..”
He looked at me with a blank expression.
“Do I?”
“Uh..yeah” I said as I jumped off the lounge. “I need to go to the bathroom, I’ll be back” I practically ran to the bathroom and shut the door.
“Wow” I said aloud to myself. “What are you doing Addison” I spent another minute or so standing there then flushed the unused toilet to make it believable.
“Sorry, we had lain there for a while hey” I said as I came back into his lounge room.
“Uh, yeah” Zack said as he stood there. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly with his hands when his front door slammed open.

“What’s up bitches?” Max said as he strolled into the lounge room. “the party has arrived” A huge grin on his face showing.
♠ ♠ ♠
11 subscribers! thankyou!
xx.