Temper: NIGHT

chapter three: zach

After the meeting with the other coming of age’s, zach had went home alone. There was nobody to go with him, and there was nobody there to welcome him back. He was a ward of the state, an orphan. At age eight zach had been bitten by a rogue pureblooded vampire, lethal. Thankfully another vampire had been around, Mason, and he had killed the rogue vampire and helped him recuperate, but he couldn’t help him from his fate of becoming a vampire. Since then, he had lived with Mason who had adopted him as his own son, but soon enough, Mason was killed by another rogue vampire while he did his job as a division night officer. Zach had been only twelve, and since then had lived on his own. Surprisingly, zach had never turned rogue himself as expected from vampires faced with such drama and emotional impact. Zach had taught himself to diminish the pain and avoid emotion. He lived in his own little world which consisted of him, his den under the bridge, and his future in the division. His goal was to obtain the same position that mason once had in the division: a division night officer, one of the most dangerous jobs within the division, but nevertheless, it was his main goal in life. It was all he wanted.

Walking into the dark alley way, he felt himself watched and he turned around. A pair of yellowish eyes peered at him through the dark. “Zach..” a rough, inhuman voice called out to him, Zach recoiled and took a step back. “Go away..” Zach mumbled walking away, but the yellow eyes followed him. “Zach. You must kill her. it’s your only chance…” the same voice said slowly and Zach stopped and turned around and faced the pair of eyes who were only a couple of feet away from him, “I can’t. she doesn’t look so dangerous as you say.. besides, since you’re so powerful, why don’t you do it yourself!” he cried out, “now zach don’t yell. You know I cannot, her power excels mine. She’s more dangerous than you think. If you don’t kill her, she will eventually kill you and all of our race zach. You must..” the voice spoke, “no. leave me alone. I cannot. Find someone else to do it. Im just an undead vampire for god’s sakes! If her power excels yours what can I do..” zach retaliated. “zach, you have a power that I do not have. You have the power of hate, of angst, of torment. Remember, she’s the reason you were bitten. She’s the reason mason is dead!” the voice responded. Zach glared, and stared into the wide, yellowish eyes, “Remember all that Zach?” the voice said, “Yes..” Zach murmured, “but I cant..”, “Temperance Jay must die, Zach. And you are to do it. Our future, and mason’s vengeance are in your hands..” the voice interrupted, and before zach could say anything, the pair of eyes disappeared. Zach stood still, his heart beating rapidly and beads of sweat rolling down his face. Why him? The eyes, as he called it, had been haunting him for a whole week ever since he was accepted into training.. ever since temperance jay became part of his training group. Damn temperance jay. If she were as evil and as powerful, and if she were the queen of destruction like the eyes said, why didn’t the division do anything about it. Why trouble a simple undead, coming of age vampire with the task of killing such a bad person? Zach hurried along the alley until he reached his small den under the bridge. He never fully understood the connection between his being bitten, mason’s death, and that so-called temperance jay’s existence. Supposedly, she caused the vampire to go rogue, and supposedly she caused the other vampire to attack and kill mason. But why, how? Those were the only questions the eyes wasn’t willing to answer, it would just say “time will tell zach”. Damn right time will tell, but it better be soon, because zach was vengeance thirsty, and if the eyes didn’t prove temperance rightfully guilty… he would lose control of himself and let out all of his anger.. damn right time will tell..
♠ ♠ ♠
: )