Temper: NIGHT

chapter four: rant

Two days left, temperance marked off on her mental calendar. This Sunday was a special Sunday, the air was cold, and the bursts of wind made it colder. Satisfaction. The sky was cloudy so the annoying sun was hidden and temperance could appreciate the shadowy and chilly atmosphere. She had been walking for some time now around mason lane. Ever since her visit to the division, she’s been walking. It calmed her. she had already chosen her path of course, she would be a division night officer. She planned on taking on the toughest cases, and preferred action rather than all the planning and the talking. Temperance thought about the night before, the way Gerard scowled, Harper’s icy stare and crisp voice, but overall, Zach’s mysterious quietude and obvious shyness. After they left, shawn had explained to her that he was an undead and he told her all about his horrifying past. She felt sorry for him, but she had also been compatible with him. She could not mistake the spine tingling. Yet she was not attracted to him. There was something strange about the way he looked at her, and the way he avoided any contact whatsoever with her. shrugging, she decided to rest for a while in an abandoned park, she wasn’t tired, but she felt like contemplating her thoughts quietly. after some time sitting alone, she heard someone approaching from behind, and she turned, expecting maybe shawn, but she did not see anything. “temperance jay?” she heard a quiet, masculine voice call out to her, and turning around again, she spotted Zach standing a small distance away from her. “Zach?” she inquired nervously, “Yeah.. mind if i join you?” he asked, and temperance shrugged, so he sat down beside her clasping his hands in front of him. “what are you doing around here?” temperance asked him, “same as you. Thinking.” He answered smiling as he looked up at her. he seemed more relaxed, but somehow, she could sense a bit of tension in the air around him. “Are you..okay?” she asked him, “you seem a bit..tense?” and with no warning, zach stood up and pushed temperance hard onto the ground. As she hit the ground, temperance’s mind rushed. What was she going to do? Why was he doing this? But before she could act, she received another blow to the head, and she felt the cold trickle of her blood streaming down her face. “st..stop it!” temperance yelled pushing herself to her feet, she waved her arm and sent him flying, hitting him against a tree. Temperance marched up to him and held him strongly by the throat, “what do you want?” she breathed, watching him, and noticing the consuming hatred in his eyes. His fangs were bared, and his eyes emanated rage, and hate, “you..killed.mason..you..made..me..what..i..am” he said gasping for air. “what!” temperance exclaimed, “who’s mason, I didn’t bite you, im not even a pure blood!”, “but it said..it said..it was all your fault” zach cried, tears rolling down his cheeks. Temperance let him go, and he crumpled to a heap on the floor. Temperance was pretty strong, “it who exactly?” temperance demanded, staring cautiously down at him, “it. The thing with the yellow eyes and the harsh voice..” zach answered rubbing his throat but not daring to get up, “it told me that the vampire bit me because of you..that mason was killed because of you. My life is a mess because of you..” Zach yelled, he looked like a small child having a fit. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I never hurt anybody..” temperance said, sitting beside him on the ground. His mind egged him to pin her to the floor and finish her off, but his instinct told him not to, so he just edged away from her and cradled his chin between his legs that were pulled up to his chest. “it said so. It said you were gonna kill us all. That you were powerful and evil and that I was the one who was supposed to finish you..” zach stammered looking away for her, “I don’t know what you’re talking about Zach” temperance said coldly, “all I know is that you came over here and tried to kill me, and now you’re talking to me about talking yellow eyes saying that im some evil mistress who’s gonna destroy the world. Rant much?” temperance exclaimed indignantly. Zach stared at her, his silver eyes blazing, “I don’t know why, but the eyes says you’re the reason for everything. I do believe I acted rashly..but it’s been so long holding my anger in, and since the only reason they’ve told me is you..i..i lost control..” zach said, and he stood up quickly, “bye” he added and walked away swiftly his head down against the wind. Temperance followed him with her eyes, she was no longer bleeding, and there was no wound..vampires heal quickly. Temperance decided to go home and tell shawn and her father everything that just happened, and all about the eyes and zach’s rants. So strange, so abrupt, so full of hatred. Zach had truly meant to kill her, and he had just walked away swearing vengeance to whatever killed mason and cause his transformation, and she hoped, that the eyes didn’t keep feeding him those false stories. She truly did not understand anything of what zach had said. She had never hurt, less killed anyone in her whole life. She was just as normal as a young vampire could be.

“he jumped you!” shawn exclaimed staring at her with wide eyes, “literally like attack you out of the blue?” he questioned, and temperance just glared at him, “that’s what I just said, no?” she hissed staring at the people sitting in the booths around them. Last thing she needed was a human to hear such a conversation, “and he said something about yellow eyes…” “yellow eyes? Maybe it was a cat. Maybe he’s just as psychopathic as Dracula..” shawn joked, “why is this so funny to you! He tried to kill me!” temperance whispered fervently, “he almost had me. But I sent him flying and he hit a tree..” “oooh nice. That’s force. You must be pretty talented to be able to perform it that successfully without training. Good, because you start tomorrow.” Shawn said. Tomorrow. Oh right, training was tomorrow. Temperance just stared, Zach’s eyes full of hate were alive in her thoughts. “no, really temper. I don’t understand anything about what he told you, really. All I know is that he’s dangerous for you. He might be going rogue you know..and..and I don’t really want to lose you to some rogue undead..” shawn whispered, staring straight into her eyes, his large hand covering hers. A tingling sensation ran up her spine, and temperance pulled away, “yeah..right” she murmured trying to avoid meeting his eyes. “well if he tries doing that again..” shawn said standing up, “the division will take care of him. Be careful. If he is going rogue, he can be very dangerous, and if he he’s picked you as his victim, you’d better watch your back. I’m not always there to protect you.” Shawn added with a funny smile. Standing up, temperance managed a weak one in return, “yeah. true..well, tomorrow’s training.. im going for night officer you know…” she whispered and shawn stared at her intently. He had gone for administration, and was in charge of establishing the code of secrecy between humans and vampires. “be careful..” he whispered before walking away. As she watched him go, she became lost in her thoughts. She and her brother were compatible. There was no doubt about it, but did he feel it too? Why am I thinking about such stupid things, temperance scolded herself, tomorrow’s training and I seem to have a psychopathic group partner out to get me. Temperance had expected a smooth entrance into the vampire world, what she doesn’t know, is that it’s going to be a long, bumpy ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
horrible short description. sorry : (