The Protector of the Scattered Flowers

Aftermath

"What the hell?!"

"Is that... Itachi?"

"Mamoru-chan, Mamoru-chan!" That was the one voice that stood out amongst the torrent of voices and questions around me.

"Onee-san!" I coughed violently, my body trying to rid itself of the smoke I had inhaled earlier. But my body would have to wait; Chikako had just been taken by Orochimaru, and everyone needed to know ASAP so that we could form a Recovery team.

Natsumi spotted Itachi's wounds and instantly began to heal them. White tendrils seeped out of her hands and rested on the cut on his abdomen. She looked relieved. "It's not fatal, Itachi-chan. Just a little deep, is all." She turned to me, a harsh expression on her face. "Who did this?"

"It was.... Orochimaru." Everyone stiffened at the mention of his name. I went on to recount what had happened since I went into the forest to train all the way up to the present moment. ".... and that's when I threw Itachi-oji-chan out of the window and leapt out after him."

The Akatsuki were quiet, a rarity for them. Then Natsumi spoke. "That bastard took my baby.I'll kill him." I could sense traces of Yumi in her, and shivered. Yumi was always around whenever Natsumi was seriously pissed off, and now was certainly no exception.

"Relax, Natsumi. We --"

"HOW CAN I RELAX AT A TIME LIKE THIS?! I NEED TO BE OUT, LOOKING FOR MY PRECIOUS CHIKAKO!"

"No, Natsumi-chan." Itachi- and Deidara-oji-chan said at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise before Itachi-oji-chan continued. "You're eight months pregnant; now is not the time for you to be out on missions --"

"DO YOU THINK I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THAT?! I NEED TO FIND HER BEFORE OROCHIMARU EXPERIMENTS ON HER!" Tears formed in her eyes. "I could never forgive myself if that happened...!"

"She is the only one who knows where Orochimaru's hideout is." Kisame pointed out.

"No." I spoke up for the first time since I'd told them my story. I coughed some more, then replied, "I know where his hideout is too. Pein-sama," I turned and appealed to him, "let me go after him. I would have the upper hand versus anyone else here, not only because I know where he is, but Chikako is like my little sister. I have to find her." I bowed my head, waiting for his reply.

It felt like ages before he finally voiced his decision. "Fine. Mamoru, you are the best person for this assignment. I grant you permission to go and track him down."

"Uhhh, guys? Shouldn't we be putting out the fire? Tobi is a good boy!" Tobi suggested.

There was a loud chorus of "shit" before everyone scrambled to douse the hideout. As I was helping, I noticed a symbol had been carved above the window where Orochimaru had escaped.

Now there's no need to track him. I know exactly where he is.

The symbol of fire.

Konohogakure.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayyyyy! I've been wanting to do this for a while. Please comment and all that lovely jazz!

<3,
Chez