Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 10

They all looked at Jimmy for a moment. Matt had never seen his best friend snap like that. But the whole family thing, and everyone turning someone was starting to get to his best friend. He knew this because he had gotten good at slipping into his mind. After all they were only five months apart. Jimmy had lost his entire family two hundred years ago in the great Vampire war that had killed so many of the rogues that it caused just as many death’s among the peaceful ones. The ones that wanted nothing to do with killing for pleasure. Not only had Jimmy lost his entire family, but he had lost his wife as well. Leana had been his one love since he had laid eyes on her when they were teenagers. Both of them were born vamps and both of them came from really old bloodlines, much like Matt and Brian did. Leana and Jimmy had gotten married when they were eighteen and been married until the war, when Leana went rogue, just like the rest of her family. It was harder for the older families to resist the temptation of drinking from the source, but if there was enough care in the family then yes the easier it was to resist temptation. Jimmy’s family had been killed by his wife. And in turn he had killed her, because he hadn’t wanted anyone else to do it. Now standing here staring at the two twins, that were turned for a pathetic reason by the one that had turned his wife and her family rogue was killing him on the inside. Nevaeh was staring openly at him because apparently no one ever went off on them like that. He glared at them and turned to Matt, who was like a brother to him.

‘what the fuck are we supposed to do about them?’

‘I have no fucking idea…guys?’ Matt projected to Brian, Johnny, and Zack.

‘This is bullshit, we need to fucking get out of here, and there’s no way in hell there’s room for two more…well three more people.’ Johnny thought angrily, his eyes on the twins.

‘Okay guys, this isn’t helping any… Brian go teach Nia to project, Johnny check on Adele, Zack, she’s your turn… Me and Matt are gonna deal with these two.’ Jimmy said taking charge of the situation. All four of his friends, band mates, and fellow vampires nodded, not questioning the fact that Jimmy had taken charge of the situation. After all Jimmy was the oldest, even if it was by five months to Matt. They all went to do as they were told and Nia looked at Brian as he took her hand and walked her back to the bunks. He motioned for her to sit and she did. Johnny carefully helped a sleepy Adele sit up and she looked at him as he gave her a bag of blood. She looked at it for a moment and then back to him. Elainia took hers from Brian and looking directly at Adele spoke.

“Think of this as a drinking game Adele…” She ripped her bag open and once Adele got hers open smirked as she up ended the bag to let the blood slide down her throat. She glanced sideways at Adele and noticed the look on her face. She was trying not gag, which had been how she was only a few days prior to that moment. They finished at precisely the same moment and Adele leaned against Johnny and closed her eyes.

“It’s okay baby, just go back to sleep. Ignore us if we wake you up…”

“I could make her sleep…”

“Stay the fuck out of my girlfriends head Haner.” Johnny shot back. Brian grinned.

“Uhm, wanna explain, and what the hell was with the looks you guys were giving each other back there? It was like you guys had some sort of silent conversation.”

“We did, and it’s called projecting. Which I have been told to attempt to teach you, since you are showing signs of an easy turn, which is rare. But that also means that it is quiet possible, sometime before your turn you accidentally ingested some Vampire blood. Which would trigger a turn if it ever happened to progress faster in whoever it was that had ingested the blood.”

“It’s possible, I was there the night that my parents…

“That could have been when.”

“Yeah, don’t remind me.” So as Brian set about teaching her how to project, and the right times to do it. Johnny lay on his side watching Adele sleep and Zack was sitting back in the room in the back hooking Laila up to an IV. She had lost a lot of blood, and he hadn’t been able to give her more than a few drops. He sat on the empty side of the bed watching as the IV dripped and as he sipped at the blood that was in his black water bottle. He didn’t bother looking up when Matt walked in the room. He laid a hand on Zack’s shoulder and shook his head at the almost lifeless form of the woman that had ‘saved’ Zack’s life in the first place, It was time to return the favor no matter what going against the rules. Zack had turned her without permission, and not only that, it was going to draw attention to them, if anyone noticed the odd behavior that the group was taking extra precautions to ensure safety to themselves and the ones that were with them on tour.

Brian was sitting at the table with ’Nia watching the flat screen TV staying away from the Johnny and Adele who had taken over the couch. And were stretched out side by side as best they could. They were on their way and the movie that Adele had picked was Fast and Furious. She was half asleep still from the effects of the turn, but that didn’t matter she was trying to stay focused on the movie. Brian jumped as a thought was pushed subtly into his head.

‘You know, the bunks are empty, and no ones paying attention.’

‘Oh yeah really?’ Brian tossed back mentally to her. She smiled at him and Johnny looked over at them.

“You two are being awfully quiet over there.” When they didn’t answer he turned even more and noticed now that Brian was shaking his head at Elainia, but had that trademark smirk on his face. Johnny rolled his eyes as he watched them head in the direction of the bunks. The busing situation had been worked out that all three new turns, and their turnees were on one bus, and the older two vamps were currently trying to figure out what the hell they were gonna do about the twin vamps. There was obviously someone higher up and older behind the attacks.

“So what the hell are we supposed to believe, that you just happened to be at the hospital at the time of the attacks?” Jimmy demanded of the twins.

“What, are you finding it hard to believe that there are other vamps out there willing to risk their lives for those that aren’t like us?”

“I find it kind of hard to believe that you would watch of a descendent of yours for this long of a period of time, Chryslyn.”

“Nevaeh, and I had just had my daughter five years before I was turned. She died in childbirth, when she was sixteen. I raised her daughter for her, as the childs mother. I watched as another daughter was born and then Laila. Every generation has known what my sister and I are. The only one not to accept that is Laila. Her father raised her to believe that what her mother told her was not true. That vampires do not exist.”

“So has she accpeted what you are?”

“She accepts that there is something different about us, and that we also have a DOB, just not a DOD.” Chryslyn (the blonde) tossed in.

“So she knows about our kind then?”

“Yes”

“Will she have a problem being turned?” Both women looked at one another and bit their lips.

“A major problem. She would’ve rather died than been turned into one of us.” Nevaeh said as Chryslyn met the blue eyes of Jimmy and she met the green eyes of Matt.