Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 11

Nevaeh was watching Matt as he paced the length of the bus. It had been almost a week and Laila had only come to once or twice. She was still sleeping more than she should be, but they chalked it up to loss of blood during the hospital attack. There hadn't been any activity from the rogues either and she could tell that was what was bothering him. She could clearly hear what he was thinking as mad as he was.

'...well it could be that they're regrouping, or finding a way to tell their elder that they fucked up...'

"Dammit quit projecting..." Matt looked up as Elainia walked onto he bus and glared at him. They had a show that night and were already at the venue. "It's giving me a goddamn headache."

"What the hell is your problem?" Chryslyn asked as she looked up from the book she was reading. She had been blocking Matt's thoughts through concentrating on her book.

"I can hear him all the way out there..." Nia said gesturing vaguely in the direction of the venue. Where she and Adele had taken to sitting on one of the tables that was outside because they were tired of being on the buses.

"Sorry, but I’m just a little frustrated."

"At least your not sick." Nia muttered and walked back off the bus. Matt watched after and he thought carefully to himself as to not project it. the last two words came out of his mouth though.

"Oh shit" And he was off the bus a moment later and caught up with her quickly. "Nia, you're not feeling very well are you?"

"No obviously."

"We can't get sick, no matter how new or old we are."

"Then what the hell is wrong with me?"

"Only one thing makes any female vampire sick, and I don't mean your period."

"I so don't want to talk about my period with you."

"Yeah well not my favorite subject."

"Wait... if it's not my period..."

"You're pregnant"

"But uhm highly impossible to tell... The first time and I hate to admit this, that I had sex in like three months was that night with Zack."

"Which was almost a little over a week ago."

"Yeah, so way to early to tell."

"No actually it's not. With vampires, and I know what I'm talking about the symptom of pregnancy start to show within a week. You still go nine months, but the symptoms start earlier because yeah I don't think you want me to go into all the details."

"Great, this is just fucking great."

"Especially since you can honestly say you have no clue who the father is... but you'll know in about two months."

"How?"

"That I couldn't tell you but I know Jimmy might know a little more than I would. Uhm but don't tell Zack or Brian until after you talk to Jimmy."

"Uhm great okay thanks for the fucking help." And she turned away from Matt and walked back toward where Adele and Johnny sat playing some stupid card game and ignoring everybody else. Jimmy was sitting alone messing with his extra set of drum sticks practically beating the ground in front of him to death. She swallowed hard and walked over to him. He glanced up when she said his name.

"What?"

"I was told you could help me with something."

"By who?"

"Matt..."

“Well what the hell is it. I’m not in a good mood.”

“Uhm...”

“Oh for gods sake if you don’t want anyone to hear project.” Jimmy was getting pissed by the second. He was still dealing with his own problems.

‘...uhm Matt thinks with what I told him I’m pregnant.”

‘Do you feel sick?’ Nia nodded and he continued. ‘And you’re wondering who the father is, which you’ll find out in about two months, just not a word to Brian and Zack, It’s a connection or something from the baby that lets the father of the child know the mother’s pregnant. And for your sake I hope it’s Brian.’

“Yeah no shit, thanks Jimmy.” Nia said the sentence out loud and walked back to the picnic table that Johnny and Adele were at. She sat down and looked at the bus where Zack and Brian were currently changing out the IV on Laila’s arm and giving her a new bag of blood. This was not how she wanted to spend her day. She didn’t want to worry, she didn’t want to deal with this. But there was nothing that she could do. She fucking got herself into this mess and now she had to figure it out for herself. As far as Adele was concerned Zack had only bitten her. Which Adele had luckily been warned against biting unless it was the one you knew you were going to be with. She sighed and when they all heard a shout from the bus that Zack and Brian were on, every single one of them took off at a dead run. Matt and the twins were the first to the bus since they were closest.

“Keep the other girls off the bus…” Matt yelled at Johnny, Adele and Nia didn’t need to be told twice and stayed outside with Johnny. Jimmy made the twins step off the bus. They glared at the two new turns.

“Okay what the hell is with the dirty looks Blondie?” Nia said glaring at the woman.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about sweetie.” Chryslyn said smiling sweetly. They stood there ready to face off and stopped when they heard the shouting. The twins turned but Johnny who was standing on the steps blocked their path. Adele smirked and looked up at her boyfriend. She was still just a little bit weak.

“Johnny, I’m gonna go lay down over on the other bus since ya’ll are busy over here taking care of Laila. I’m just a little tired.”

“Blood, then sleep Adele.”

“Promise.” She said and walked off leaving her friend to shake her head after her. At least she had been a willing turn, well fuck they were over looking the technicality that Nia hadn’t been willing, and that was only because she fell for Brian.

“What the hell did you do to me?” Laila demanded from where she was standing on the bed. She had ripped the IV out of her hand with a little bit of force thankfully without hurting herself.

“Calm down” Matt said

“I will not calm down, what the fuck did you do to me?” Glaring at the woman Matt turned to Zack and gave a him a pointed look.

“You get to explain Baker.”

“Hey, whoa, hold up you’re the guy that had the head wound…”

“Yeah, uhm about that…”

“Let me see it…”

“It healed maybe the girls should explain this to her…”

“Scared Zack?”

“No I’m not Matt.”

“Then go for it Vengeance.” Zack glared at him and turned back to Laila.

“Look it was to save your life so I don’t know what the hell your problem is.” Zack said.

‘Way to go ZV!’ shot through his head and he turned and flipped Matt off, he just smirked back.

“Did what to save my life…I’m thirsty.”

“What do you want? We have water, blood, Milk, soda…” Zack said, let her figure it out. She looked at him for a minute and she immediately dropped down Indian style on the bed.

“Tell me you didn’t…” She looked scared. Zack sat down beside her.

“It was the only way.”

“Why?”

“It’s time for Nia to come here for a minute Brian.” Brian nodded and went to get his girlfriend. He passed Jimmy who was sitting on a couch glaring at the TV, which wasn’t on.
♠ ♠ ♠
here i know it's been a while and i'm trying to get this up and posted but i'm busy with a lot of shit right now but hey whats a girl to do?

Post Song - Get It Up ~ Mindless Self Indulgance