Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 12

It was a week later and Nia had explained everything to Laila who still wasn’t happy about the fact that she was now something that she had believed her whole entire life didn’t exist. Sure Chryslyn and Nevaeh were nice enough and apparently her family but still it just didn’t make since. She was a fucking doctor for god sake, and she wasn’t allowed to go back to work because of that. But whatever until whatever with Elainia was over she didn’t want to. She figured she was safe right where she was. That and Zack was kinda cute. She walked outside to see what everyone else was doing and watched as Jimmy glared at just about everyone and Matt was sitting with Brian talking about something and Elainia, who everyone called Nia was sitting alone staring out at nothingness concentrating really hard. When she looked toward Matt she spoke.

“Did it work?”

“Yeah with me, Brian?”

“What?”

“Did you hear Nia’s thoughts?”

“No but I’m blocking everyone so even if she tried she wouldn’t have been able to think anything that I would hear. Sorry babe.” he said that last part to her she smiled and looked expectantly at the others. Jimmy glared at her which was answer enough that he had heard her. Which was exactly what she had done. Thought it to herself and at Jimmy so only one person could actually back up that she had thought anything at all.

“What the hell was she thinking, so we can make sure it worked.” Johnny asked Jimmy. He glanced up and shook his head.

“That she’s totally in love with Brian.” which was only half of what it had been. But whatever. When he saw Brian’s smirk he knew that the man was totally in love with the woman as well.

“Hey Nia, wanna tell us why you spent like an hour in the bathroom this morning. I had to go the other bus to pee.” Adele said as she turned to face her friend from where she was talking to Zack about something.

“Uhm I just wanted alone time and I just sat on the floor thinking…” But her thought hit loud and clear into Adele’s mind. Which she hadn’t meant to do. Adele’s eyes flashed at the thought that entered her head and her jaw hit the ground.

“Adele, what’s so miraculous about needing alone time, we’ve all done it.” Brian said when he saw her face. And like usual Adele spoke before thinking through what she was saying.

“You’re fucking pregnant and you didn’t tell me!?” Adele yelled at her. Brian and Zacks heads shot up and Matt and Jimmy moved to intercept the two men. Laila leaned against the bus with a bemused expression on her face. This looked like it might be entertaining. Nevaeh and Chryslyn moved to join Laila. Nia looked at Adele with a hurt expression on her face. She turned and slammed back onto the bus, passing the three other women. Adele ran after her just as Brian shoved Matt out of the way and got in Zack’s face.

“Nia…”

“Thanks a whole hell of a lot Adele. Don’t’ fucking talk to me right now.”

“Sweetie I’m sorry…”

“Yeah this is just another perfect example of Adele not thinking before she says anything.”

“Well I’m sorry but this is kinda big news…”

“Yeah well thanks to you that’s happening…” Nia said pointing out the window to where Brian and Zack were fighting with Matt and Jimmy. Adele watched as Johnny tried to interfere and then thought better of it. He thought loud enough for it to get through to Nia that she needed to get her ass back outside. She rolled her eyes and shoved Adele back out of her way.

“I told her not to fucking tell you. You would’ve known in about eight weeks if it was yours or Zacks.” Jimmy yelled which was what stopped the fighting. Little did they know they were about to find out just how Jimmy knew that one.

“Why shouldn’t she have fucking told us?” Brian yelled.

“Because when the baby hits two months in the womb it automatically reaches out to the father.” Jimmy said. Nia looked at him for a moment.

“You just told me that there was some sort of connection, and you didn’t know…” Nia said moving between Zack and Brian to yell at Jimmy.

“Look doesn’t matter how I know alright. Just deal with it.” Jimmy yelled back and his blue eyes flashed dark almost black. Matt looked shocked by that and immediately knew he had to get Jimmy out of this stupor or their was gonna be a lot of explaining as to why the drummer of Avenged Sevenfold suddenly disappeared. Nia broke down into tears and Brian shoved down his pride and moved to the woman that he loved more than anything. Zack had enough sense to walk away from the scene and so did the others.

“Nia” he whispered her name in her ear as he held her.

“Brian, I’m so sorry…”

“Shh it’s going to be fine I promise.”

“But what if?”

“Then Zacks gonna be a father and you’re gonna be a mother and I’m gonna have to deal with it.”

“Are you mad?”

“A little, but I love you way more than I should in just two weeks of knowing you, so I’m going to deal with it and even if the baby isn’t mine, you will be… I hope.” She looked up at him and smiled for the first time in a week and kissed him gently. He stood there just holding her and his heart soared as she whispered three little words into his ear followed by his name, well sort of.

“I love you Syn.” He rolled his eyes as she grinned at him and then he smiled softly down at her and her grin turned into a smile. “So you know anything about what’s wrong with Jimmy?”

“No, but Johnny knows more than the rest of us, maybe he’ll talk. Come on lets go round everyone up and see if he will tell us…”

“I need to talk to Adele first.” She said as she leaned into him as they walked. Her arm was around his waist and his was around her with his hand dipped in her back pocket. Zack was sitting on the second bus staring at the TV with no interest in what was on whatsoever and the twins were sitting alone on the floor reading. Laila was making a bowl of cereal which was a good sign. Johnny and Adele were no where to be found. When Nia asked about them Zack pointed to the back of the bus. Nia walked that way and Brian looked to where Zack was sitting and blew out a sigh as he motioned to Zack to follow him outside. Zack snorted at that.

“Nope, not stupid.”

“No we need to talk.”

“For you to end up throwing me through another bus window I don’t fucking think so…”

“A WINDOW YOU THREW HIM THREW A DAMN WINDOW!” Laila yelled.

“It didn’t kill him.” Brian muttered.

“It should’ve…” Laila said.

“Hey quit yelling would you Nia and Adele can barely hear each other talk… and only if there’s a ref are the two of you going outside.”

“I’m not going to hit him for god sake I only want to talk to him.” and Brian led the way off the bus and Zack followed. Everyone else ran to the window to watch what happened. Laila watched as Brian turned to face Zack. They could hear what the two were saying.

“Look, no matter what happens…”

“Brian, I don’t want Nia, we all know that what happened shouldn’t have.”

“I wasn’t worried about that because I know its not you she wants. I was gonna say no matter what happens I’m the one that really has to deal with it either way. Just promise me that if that baby is yours you’ll help her.”

“I wouldn’t dream of not helping if it is. And how in the hell if it’s mine do you have to deal with it?”

“She’s my woman that’s why.” and he walked back on the bus. Zack shook his head and followed him back on the bus.

“We good then?” He asked just as Adele walked out with Nia and said the same thing. Nia looked at Brian who looked back at her and both said yeah at the same time. Then Brian turned to Johnny.

“I don’t like that look Haner…”

“You know more than me and Zack, what’s with Jimmy?”

“Oh, yeah uhm not my place to tell you…”

“You don’t I’ll throw your ass through a bus window.” Nia said. Heads turned her direction and she shrugged.

“I only know that it has to do with Leana. And the vampire war that happened 200 years ago.”

“Who the hell is Leana?” Chryslyn asked.

“His wife.”

“Jimmy’s married?” Nia asked

“He was. He killed her when she turned rogue. She was about six months pregnant. They were so happy and then Marius showed up.” The twins and Nia’s faces paled.

“He told her the only way that the baby would be healthy was if she started feeding from the source all the time, not from animals like the rest of us did to ease how much we took from humans. There were some humans that donated blood and it got kept in bottles for later consumption so the whole animal thing went away. She believed him and the next thing I knew she was changing right before my eyes. Then the war started and she killed my parents, and if I hadn’t have killed her then I would have died.” Jimmy finished and they all turned to him. None of them had noticed that he had walked onto the bus. No one said a word for a minute and Jimmy got that far away look in his eye. No wonder he was so pissed with people suddenly hooking up all around him. Matt broke the silence when he spoke of something else.

“The war believe it or not is how we met Johnny. He was 24 at the time and had been turned by a rogue that was trying to help the rest build an army. Of course Johnny wanted nothing to do with killing for pleasure and was almost dead when we found him and took him under our wing. Been friends with us ever since.” Matt said.

“So Johnny was a turned vamp and you and Jimmy were born?” Adele asked. Matt nodded.

“Who else here is born or turned…” Elainia asked.

“I was a born vamp, you already met my parents, they were some of the most respected vamps there are and they still are. Just to let you know baby, my dad is on the international council, which has more say than each countries council.”

“Great…” Nia said.

“Uhm one tiny little thing…you guys I’m sorry I’ve been an ass lately, and I could use all the help I can get to get through this.”

“Hey no problem, we’re here for you Jimmy.” Adele said. She got up and made the first move giving him a hug. He hugged her back and they all noticed the darkness in his eyes was going away. Nia was next and she even apologized for going off on him. The guys all nodded and said they weren’t hugging him, which was enough to clear his eyes back to blue. Adele snuggled into Johnny’s embrace and figured she would make everyone laugh.

“Go fucking figure I fall for a guy that’s 200 fucking years old.” Johnny turned his head to look at her and the others burst out laughing. Nia turned to the others.

“So how old are you four?” She asked and Matt rolled his eyes, at least they were all getting along momentarily.

“Me and Jimmy are 328.” Matt said.

“I’m 128.” Zack said.

“Same as Zack, only a few months older.” Brian said.

“Oh yeah I’m older than Matt by five months.” Jimmy added in.

“I’m actually 224 not 200 Adele.” Johnny said she grinned and hit him.

“We’re 121.” Nevaeh and Chryslyn said at the same time they all knew how old the three new turns were.
♠ ♠ ♠
again next chapter so soon its not funny.. Jess i know u been waiting on this update... enjoy next one is waiting in the Wings just like DG's... seriously friggin went to bed at five this morning after finishing this and other stuff...