Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 13

It was a little over eight weeks later when the first attack happened since the night at the hospital. Everyone was crashed in rooms at a hotel and Nia was curled up with Brian when something flew through the window. She jumped about three feet in the air as did Brian. The two of them were suddenly glad that they had been tired enough not to have sex after the show that night because they wouldn’t have been able to act as fast as they did if they had been naked. Nia kicked the first vamp in the side of the head as she jumped over another one. She knew this probably wasn’t going to be good for the baby, but surviving meant a hell of a lot more right now. She made it to her bag and pulled two stakes from the side pocket. Brian had managed to snap three necks, which only dropped the vamps and he got to her and took one of the stakes and noticed that she pulled a silver knife from her bag as well. His eyes bugged out. She had actually listened to Matt about being prepared. The two of them killed the vamps that were down trying to fix their necks.

“That was way to fucking easy…” Nia told Brian.

“No shit, come on, lets make sure everyone is alright.” They both suddenly turned to the door ready to attack as it was broke off it’s hinges. A vamp landed on his back and jumped up and started for the person that had kicked him into the door but Nia had great reflexes and threw the knife in her hand at his back and got him in the heart from behind. Matt looked up from where he was checking the pulse of a human and saw that Nia was picking up the knife out of a pile of ashes. He nodded to her and she nodded back. Laila and the twins dashed up the steps and stopped in their tracks.

“Who was hurt, Veah said you needed someone to… oh never mind, move Matt.” and Laila got to work on saving the barely breathing man’s life. Without turning him into a vampire. Brian pulled Nia to him and let her cry. She had killed three people tonight. So what if they were trying to kill her, she was still crying about it.

‘A LITTLE FUCKING HELP A FLOOR DOWN WOULD BE NICE GUYS’ blasted loud and clear through all the vampires heads.

“Chryslyn stay with Laila, you guys lets go.” Matt yelled. And with that they all moved fast down the stairs. Zack was fighting side by side with Johnny as Adele and Jimmy worked together. They plunged into helping the guys and Adele and in the middle of it Adele was the one to bring up the baby.

“How’s the baby Nia?” Adele yelled as she ashed another vamp.

“The babies are fine, Adele behind you!” Zack yelled. Adele turned in time to stake the vamp that came up fangs bared behind her. Nia had stopped in her tracks and was staring at Zack. Brian was staring at Zack as well. Then Nia looked down at her still flat stomach and yelled.

“NOW, YOU LET US KNOW NOW WHILE WE’RE IN THE MIDDLE OF KILLING PEOPLE TO KNOW WHO THE HELL YOUR FATHER IS!!!”

“Nia sweetie, yell later, kill now…”

“Fucking hormones are gonna get you killed, be upset later.” Jimmy yelled as his knife whizzed past her head and sank into it’s target behind her. She spun and staked the fucker and pulled the knife from it’s side. She suddenly recognized the knife that Adele was pulling out of another Vamp a few feet away.

“ADELE DON’T TOUCH THE BLADE!” Jimmy saw it and Matt nodded both of them fought their way over to Adele and tossed the shirt Matt pulled off over it and then picked it up. Ten minutes later they stood in the corridor and looked at the piles of dust and ash around them. Ash was still settling and they were fucked if they didn’t get out of there. Nia stood there and looked around at the mess and burst into tears. Brian moved to her and she let him hold her. The others were collecting blades and stakes that had gotten tossed aside accidentally when they had fought hand to hand. Twenty minutes later they gotten all their things and checked out wiping memories as they went and it turned out that Adele was really good with computers and wiped their records clean so that there was no proof that they had even been there.

They had three more shows before the tour was over. Thankfully it had been a short tour. Nia was sitting on the couch of one of the buses later staring blankly at her hands. She had wanted the baby to be Brian’s so bad. And now the baby as it turned out was Zacks. When she thought that she suddenly remembered what Zack had yelled back at Adele earlier and she looked down. ‘Twins’ she thought to herself. And suddenly she felt severally nauseous. She stood and went to the middle of the bus where the bunks were. She sat on the edge of the one she gladly curled into Brian in all the time and watched as he rolled to face her.

“Are you mad?”

“Yeah”

“You want to be left alone?”

“If anyone but you asked the answer would be yes. Come here Nia.” and he pulled her into his arms.

“I wanted the baby to be yours so bad Brian…”

‘BABIES’ she jolted when she heard that.

“What the fuck Baker stay the fuck out of my head.” Nia yelled toward the kitchen area where Zack was nursing a bottle of beer. Which he had every right to do, and Nia would be right there with him if it weren’t for the fact that she was pregnant.

“I wasn’t in your head, why the fuck do you think I was?” he stood and walked back to where the two of them were and sat on his bunk which was across from Brian and Nia‘s.

“Then who the hell said that?”

“Said what Babe?” Brian asked.

“Babies…” Then suddenly her face paled and they all looked at her stomach. “Oh shit”

“Would now be a good time to tell you I had a twin sister?” Zack asked. Nia glared at him.

“Coulda told us sooner…”

“Actually he kinda told everyone you were having twins earlier when I asked if the baby was okay.” Adele said peeking out of where she was trying to take a nap in another of the bunks. Nia glared at her.

“I don’t think that registered with any one and I was hoping he was wrong. Not that twins isn’t a good thing…” She said trailing off suddenly aware that the babies weren’t normal human babies. Nia looked torn between screaming and crying at that moment. Brian moved over and rolled onto his side so that he could hold her and pulled her down beside him. She curled into him and sighed.

“So what are we all gonna do about this?” Brian asked.

“Well uhm I’m not gonna ignore them…” Zack said, making Brian suddenly proud to be his friend.

“And I’m not gonna let him not see them.” Nia said.

“It’s probably a good thing we’re friends and he’s always at my place anyway.” Brian muttered.

“Uhm just one thing…Zack the dog…” Nia trailed off.

“What’s wrong with Fang?”

“Hello, two babies, one giant dog,” Brian said.

“Fangs a good dog, he won’t do anything.”

“Are you sure Zack, cos these aren’t just your kids.”

“Yes I’m sure and I know that Nia.” Zack said. Nia rolled her eyes and rolled over burying her head in Brian’s chest as she fell asleep exhausted from the events of earlier that day. Zack shook his head and lay down on his bunk and stared at the bottom of the bunk above his. He couldn’t believe this. In all these years he hadn’t thought once about his sister. Not since he had been turned, against his will but that didn’t matter anymore. Matt had barely convinced his dad not to have him killed. Telling him that they would help him and they had and now the main council no longer kept that close an eye on him. But he was suddenly missing his sister. He had from a distance watched her die the day that the vampire that turned him got tired of her. He had cried in anger and killed him. Which was only days before Matt had found him. His sister had always told him that he would make a great dad one day and now that day was here and he was scared shitless.

Brian looked over at Zack and decided to pry and see if his mind was unguarded. When he found it was he listened in and quickly backed back out. He needed to be alone and that was what he planned on doing, leaving the man alone. He fell asleep with Nia in his arms and knew that on the other bus everyone else was probably asleep as well. They had split five per bus so it was Brian, Zack, Johnny, Adele, and Nia on this bus and Matt, Jimmy, and the twins, and Laila on the other bus.

They got back to California for there last three shows and Nia was glad to be home and then remembered she didn’t exactly have a home. And she and Brian hadn’t said a word about where she was going to be living. She stepped off the bus with her bag over her shoulder and the sight that greeted them made Matt roll his eyes. He walked to his parents and hugged them. Brian and Nia looked at his mom and swallowed hard. They had been really mean to her last time that they had seen her.

“So, why don’t we take this back to Matt’s.” Melody said.

“Uhm actually we were going to head over to Zacks to feed the dog…” Matt said. Laila looked over at Zack.

“You have a dog?” She asked her eyes lighting up.

“Yeah his name is Fang.”

“Big black thing too.” Nia muttered. They headed to the cars that they had left parked their and Brian tossed his and Nia’s bags in the back of his mustang and opened the door for her. She grinned and got in. Zack lifted the back door of his SUV and Laila and the twins tossed their things in his SUV. Then got in. Matt slid behind the wheel of his Camaero and Jimmy got in with him. Johnny and Adele got into his SUV and they all started back to Zacks. When they got there they left all the cars parked out front of his house and went in. Fang greeted them at the door and he nosed Nia’s hand and she raised an eyebrow as she scratched behind one of his ears.

“Okay so he’s a good dog…” Nia trailed off. Zack laughed.

“We need to talk. The hotel incident didn’t go unnoticed.” Andrew Sanders told them. Matt looked at his dad and then looked at the way his mom was watching Adele with Johnny. The two were being idiots, but that’s what happened when you were in love.

“The kitchen’s that way.” Zack said and rolling her eyes Nia led the way seeing as she was really hungry anyway. Adele followed holding Johnny’s hand and Brian was right behind them rolling his eyes as Nia practically ran to the kitchen. Everyone else followed. Everyone found a seat at the kitchen table and started talking while Nia went through the fridge looking for a snack. She finally found ice cream in the freezer. It was the good kind to. A pint of Ben and Jerry’s Cake Batter Ice Cream. She turned and grabbed a spoon from the drawer and then noticed that there weren’t any seats left. She furrowed her brow and then grinned as she walked over and sat on Brian’s lap. He put an arm around her and rolled his eyes as she dug into the ice cream.

“Look dad we did what we had to do.”

“That much was obvious, and you covered your tracks but the clean up was horrendous.”

“What the hell did you expect us to do? Kill them neatly?” Chryslyn demanded.

“Excuse me…”

“Look she’s right, there were ten of us, one of us was a little emotional and dealing with personal problems, but there were way more than ten of them.” Nevaeh said defending her twin.

“Hey bright side is we got the blade that cut me.” Nia said around the spoon she had just stuck in her mouth so it came out kinda garbled. Matt stood and retrieved it from the bag that he had brought in with him. He half expected Nia to steal his seat but she didn’t. Matt carefully placed the knife on the table and sat back down.

“FUCK” Andrew yelled and stood to begin pacing.
♠ ♠ ♠
well here ya go... holy shit thats a lot to put in one chapter...