Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 18

Talia was sitting at home staring at a wall in the room she had been a prisoner of for years. She knew that Marius was dead. She knew that her family was gone, and that she had nothing. But there was something telling her that she was wrong. She had never married Marius and still carried the Haner name. If he hadn’t have died she would have caved into marrying him. She lowered herself to the bed that she had slept on for hundreds of years. As she closed her eyes she felt someone enter her head. She lay there as she listened to the conversation that was shared between two people very much in love.

“Baby, don’t worry everything is going to be alright.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I am Nia. You said she’s alive, I trust you I believe you. I just have to convince the guys.”

“Brian the babies called you daddy Brian.”

Talia sat upright in bed. Brian… her son? Was he alive? She had to know but she also knew that she would be unable to leave the premises of the house she was captive in without figuring out where all of the guards on the grounds were. She couldn’t fight them all alone. So she was going to have to find a way through to her son. If that had been him she had heard talking to that woman. Wait how had she heard that?

‘…because of us…mommy had a vision and we found you…’

‘…who are you…’

‘…we don’t have names yet, mommy doesn’t even know that we’re gonna be girls, and we can’t tell her that. But we can tell her how to find you…’

‘…Brian? Is that my son?’

‘…yes, he’s gonna be one of our daddies…’

‘…thank you…’ and she heard a guard walking down the hall and feeling slightly empowered decided to try and see if she could use her gift to get the house at least rid of the guards. She stood and peeled off the dress that she was wearing and dug into the bags of clothes that Marius had supplied thoughout the years to find something modern that she could kick a little ass in. After all she Talia Morgan Haner was a vamp witch. A trait that could not be handed down to another generation but only born to a vampire as a gift. And it appeared that her son had been drawn to a woman with an exceptional gift as well, visions. She slid into the shorts that she had found and pulled a t-shirt over her head and opened the door.

The next morning Brian was woken up by the phone in his bedroom ringing. Nia was naked beside him and laying across his chest. He grinned as he carefully moved her to her own pillow and answered the phone.

“S’better be good.”

“A bunch of vamps have been asked outside of LA.”

“Dammit, I’ll get the guys.”

“Syn, be careful, Matt’ll meet you there. Take Nia. She may be able to help, all the women might be able to theirs children involved.”

“Alright.” And Brian hung up on Andrew Sanders.

“Nia baby, wake up we have a job to do. Fucking figures we’d finish tour and have to deal with this shit. Just remember careful not to call me Brian.”

“Okay.” She murmured and sat up in bed. Twenty minutes later they arrived at the scene and Nia felt ready to puke.

“You okay?”

“You ever fucking drive with me in the car like that again I’m gonna be the one to kill you.” Nia said as she bent over and puked. Brian smirked. She would get used to it.

“Okay, baby, c’mon…”

“Something wrong…?” Zack said joining them and giving Nia a hug for the kids. Nia rolled her eyes at him.

“No…” Nia said.

“Yes, no, Nia she’s here.”

“Ashed?”

“No, where is Shadows and Rev?” He asked turning to Zack as a group of very young vamps walked toward them looking scared.

“With the rest of the ladies, who’s she? If you don’t mind…”

“SYN GET YOUR FUCKING ASS OVER HERE WE HAVE SOMEONE ASKING FOR YOU!” they turned at Johnny’s shout. Nia grinned and her and Brian took off at a dead run with Zack looking very confused in their wake. Brian burst into the clearing about two miles from where they had been and stopped dead in his tracks Nia beside him. She saw the resemblance immediately between the woman standing there and Brian.

“Mom…”

“Brian…” and they were holding each other a moment later.

‘…Yay!…’ Nia glanced down at her stomach. Yay? Did the children she was carrying have something to do with this?

‘…not the burning but we had to help daddy Brian somehow…’ Nia smiled.

“Zack, when their born they’re gonna be a handful.”

“No shit, I heard them too.” the two of them laughed and Zack shoved her forward to meet Talia.

“You must be Elainia.”

“How do you know?”

“Your girls told me.” Nia glanced down once more.

“Girls…”

“AS IN PLURAL?” Zack yelled. Laila smacked him.

“Yes plural. I’m Talia Haner, Brian’s mother.”

“Nia, Brian’s girlfriend.”

“And the rest of you?”

“Johnny, Adele, Jimmy, Chryslyn, Matt, Nevaeh, Zack, and Laila.” Nia said introducing them one at a time. “How did they know?”

“Your vision of my husbands death, it triggered something between you and Brian and they wanted to help. Brian and Zack are lucky men.” Nia shook her head.

“That’s complicated.”

“I look forward to hearing it, where’s the council at I have a little bit of explaining to do for this mess.”

“You?” Brian asked.

“I didn’t know how well my powers would work, and I didn’t know that there were children here.”

“Powers?” Matt asked.

“I’m a vamp witch.”

“Damn we’re surrounded by the fucking weirdest people…TALIA DUCK!” she spun around in time to miss getting hit by a silver dagger. It landed in Nia’s shoulder.

“MOTHER FUCK!” she ripped it out and wiped the blood on it on her shirt and Nevaeh focused her gaze in the direction it had come from.

“Your holding a silver dagger…”

“Like I said weird fucking people.” Jimmy said.

“Not here, it’s not safe. Matt I’ll summon the council to your place is that okay?”

“Whatever you say High councilman Haner.” Matt said retaliating.

“You took your fathers place?”

“Only recently.”

“Sonofabitch where the hell are all these vamps coming from?”

“This was Marius’ compound.” Talia said as she found herself back to back with Nia standing in the circle of those that were able to fight. It was about a million to eleven. The children couldn’t fight. Matt scanned the on coming vamps for familiar faces and got frustrated. This was not happening. They weren’t all immune to silver like Nia, and they weren’t all like Talia. Who had been a legend when he was growing up. Great.

“Nia we could use a little supernatural help from those talented twins of yours.” Matt yelled

“Hey I don’t know the extent of their powers.”

“Very good I’d say, they found me. They’re special I can tell you that.”

‘…we can try to summon the council for you mommy…’

“That’d be nice kiddo.” Nia said out loud causing the others to laugh. And a moment later the battle began . Twenty minutes later all of them were still fighting, Nia was bleeding, slightly, Adele was smirking as she used her karate training as well as the two silver stakes she pulled from the back pockets of her jeans. She was wearing the same type of black gloves that the others were. Laila was no longer fighting but helping them keep from bleeding profusely. She was keeping the blood flow to a minimum by using the supplies that Zack had made her pack in a huge kit. After all she was the doctor on the team. When the council arrived they arrived to the largest fight since Nia had been turned. And it wasn’t just the high council it was the regional council as well and as many hunters as they could gather. This was only the first battle in a long war. Hours later they stood exhausted and ready to collapse but they stood victorious and the council’s were debating the outcome of this battle. Their had been no prisoners to take because those were still alive had managed to flee. A seventeen year old girl was crying on her brothers shoulder as they were told that they were safe now. Nia looked around at all the carnage and cried. Brian held her and Zack helped Laila take care of the wounded. Talia was at the mercy of the council.