Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 19

“We thought you were dead Talia.”

“Yeah well I’m lucky I didn’t die in the blast. I didn’t mean to catch the fucking place on fire Andrew.”

“That was you?”

“Yeah.”

“But he’s held you captive for years…” Melody said as she herself tended the wound on her sons side.

“I found my strength when I knew my son was alive.”

“How?” Frankee asked.

“How what?” Talia asked.

“Did you know Brian was alive.”

“The twins…”

“Mom they don’t know about the twins yet.” Brian said and Nia rolled her eyes.

“What those two?” Drake asked pointing to Nevaeh and Chryslyn.

“No, mine and Zacks.” Nia said, but not moving from Brian’s arms.

“Your pregnant?” Ginny asked

“Mhmm”

“Wait I’m confused what do two unborn babies have to do with this?”

“They have very high telepathic skills for being only approximately what ten weeks along?”

“Something like that, and yeah they do, now that you mention it mom.”

“They could be trackers.” A dark haired man standing next to Frankee said.

“Rarest gift of all given to any vamp. Even rarer than your gift Talia.” Kendall said.

“We’re off track here as much as I would love to find out more about all of these women’s gifts right now since the three new turns seem to be just as gifted as Talia only on their own levels, we need to get back to Talia.”

“Yes Drake we do.” Andrew said.

“What kind of trouble am I in?” The council stood amongst themselves and then nodded to Brian to let his mother know the verdict.

“None, you didn’t kill any innocent people, but you do get to help with the children that lost families and that’ll be easy seeing as theirs a place just outside of LA that caters towards the young vamps.” Brian told his mother.

“And the best part is you don’t have to live there.” Melody said.

“I have no where to stay.”

“You can stay with me and Brian.” Nia said walking to her. She smiled at the girl.

“Thank you.”

“There’s plenty of room mom.” The smile that passed over Brian’s face when he said that made the rest of them smile.

“We need to get out of here, will the place outside of LA be ready to take on fifty kids tonight?”

“No, so they’ll have to stay somewhere.” Frankee said.

“Well there is that abandoned camp outside of Huntington.”

“That could work, who stays with them tonight?”

“The Regional council will. Talia needs to learn quickly about the current decade. Brian, Nia, that would be your job to do.”

“Of course Drake.” Brian said. But he wasn’t too worried about that. He could already tell she would have no problems with any of it. As the council started to take names from the children that were there they noticed a vamp that wasn’t more than two hundred years old, standing apart from the others. When Talia’s eyes landed on the young woman they widened in surprise.

“Ari…” the name escaped her lips before she realized it. Brian looked toward the female in question and everyone stopped moving for a moment.

“Mom…” Brian asked.

‘…daddy Brian she was pregnant when grandpa Brian was killed. But she wasn’t far enough for him to know…” Brian turned to Nia.

“What I do?”

“Nothing, but the babies…I think Chase is right. Only a tracker would know the things that those two do. Even though I think they are using you to see everything and its easy for them.”

“Wait okay what’d they say, cos I wasn’t paying attention to them. I was wondering about where in the hell Chrys and Jimmy went.”

“Hang on. Mom,” Talia turned to her son and kept one eye on her daughter. “Is she my sister?”

“Yes your father never found out.”

“I figured as much.” And taking Nia’s hand Brian followed his mother to the brunette standing there.

“Ariana, this is a surprise, I thought you were long gone.”

“I heard about the attack on the compound I had to know if you were alright.”

“I’ve fine, Oh I’m so glad your alive.” and Ari and her mother were in a tight hug. Nia smiled. Brian shook his head. He was suddenly surrounded by females in his life. His girlfriend was having girls, His mom was alive and he had a sister. Sure it wasn’t Alyx but it was a fresh start on a very strange level.

“Do you need a place to stay while you’re here?” Brian asked suddenly.

“Uhm who are you?”

“He’s you’re brother dear.”

“I have a brother…”

“Yes…” and suddenly she was hugging Brian and Nia was trying to keep from laughing.

They found themselves at Brian’s that night and Brian was showing his family where they would be sleeping and Nia was sitting with Adele and Johnny outside on the porch watching the sun go down. Nia rolled her eyes when the babies she was carrying started projecting cheerful little shouts of happiness. Zack and Laila were there. Matt had stayed at the camp that night to help and Nevaeh had stayed as well. There was still no sign of Jimmy and Chryslyn. Just as Brian and the others walked back outside Jimmy and Chrys were suddenly standing on the front walk.

“That’s gonna take some getting used to, next time though we drive.”

“But this way’s fun…”

“So is driving.”

“What the hell?” Brian, Johnny, Talia, Ari, Adele, and Nia said at once.

“It’s my gift, teleportation.”

“Right, anyway to give a warning before you just pop in like that?” Brian asked. Obviously the weird gift wasn’t phasing any of them.

“Uhm a phone call?”

“Right, who’s hungry I was gonna order pizza.” Nia said as she stood and pulled out her cell phone.

“Honey, there’s a phone on the wall…”

“Oh right, sorry not used to…”

“It’s okay, you’ll get used to it.” He said and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“So where did you guys go?” Adele asked.

“We were following a rogue and lost his scent about twenty miles outside of some small town in Oregon.” Jimmy said.

“Holy shit, you went that far today?” Nevaeh asked her sister.

“Yeah” They all turned as Matt and Nevaeh walked up the walk.

“I thought the two of you were staying at the camp.” Ariana said.

“They didn’t want us there.” Matt said glancing sideways at Nevaeh.

“Let me guess, the two of you would be no use to them if something happened.” Nia said. “Now what the hell do you want on your pizza.”

“Homemade or ordered.” Matt asked. Apparently that first night with them had spoiled them to ordered pizza because all heads snapped in her direction.

“I have a phone to my ear does it look like I’m cooking?” She said to them. Brian hid his smile.

“You cook?” Talia asked.

“She does, and quite well.” Brian said grinning.

“I don’t care, just whatever.” Matt said and Nevaeh rolled her eyes. He apparently wanted homemade over ordered.

“Anything, as long as it’s edible, I don’t’ care I’m hungry.” Nevaeh said. Nia looked expectantly at the others, they didn’t answer so she hung up the phone.

“Alright, I’ll make pizza.” The air was suddenly filled with a chorus of hell yes from the guys and eye roll’s from the women. Adele just shook her head and laughed. She shared the guys sentiments though. Nia turned to Brian when he joined in with the guys and him she smacked, which caused the others to laugh. He followed her inside and so did the others. She found herself in the kitchen surrounded by people watching her as she got stuff out of the fridge. She turned to Talia who put her hands up in a ‘don’t look at me’ gesture. Shaking her head she placed a container of mushrooms in front of Adele and a knife. She shoved a couple of green peppers at Matt, and two onions at Zack. Nevaeh volunteered to chop the stick of Salami into slices. Chryslyn and Jimmy disappeared upstairs somewhere. Talia took the ham that was in the fridge out and found another knife. Brian grabbed a package of sausage out of the freezer and a frying pan. Nia smiled at him. Johnny glanced at the dining room and walked in and turned on the stereo turning it on so they had music to work by. He took the package of bacon that Talia handed him and walked over to the stove with Brian so Brian could fry that as well. They all glanced around looking for Laila. She walked out of the walk in pantry a moment later.

“Yes found some.” and she grabbed the can opener that Matt handed her out of the drawer beside the stove and opened the two cans of black olives. By the time that the pizza’s were done Jimmy and Chryslyn showed back up and were both smiling and Talia rolled her eyes at the two. Brian snorted as Jimmy sat and pulled Chrys onto his lap. He glanced around and noticed that Matt was standing in the dining room with his arms around Nevaeh and his lips on hers. He wanted to laugh. Zack and Laila were playing cards with Ari and his mom. He pulled Nia to him and held her for a moment. When the timer went off he helped her with all the pizzas. They had made about ten. Brian and Nia had cleaned the kitchen.