Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 21

Chrys and Nevaeh walked inside and there eyes were wide as they looked around the foyer of the building. All of this to help orphaned vampire children. Chrys held the baby close to her and turned slowly in a circle as she looked at everything. The kids were flowing in around her and the twenty kids that had been there for a while were all standing at the top of the staircase that lead to the next floor.

“Wow, this place is amazing.” Chryslyn said as she shushed the now healed, crying baby in her arms. Elainia touched a hand to her stomach and smiled. She couldn’t wait to be a mother. Her, Zack, and Brian were gonna make good parents to the twins. She was just thankful that they seemed to have quieted down a little at the moment. Nevaeh nodded her head in agreement with her sister.

“Alright who’s doing the introductions?” Brian asked as the kids finished making their way in. He noticed that there were several of the older kids that looked ready to bolt. The younger kids were clinging to the older ones. Jimmy walked over and took the child from Chrys as she noticed one of the kids hadn’t come inside and was looking a little scared. As Jimmy held the little girl Nevaeh and Chrys walked to where the little boy was standing.

“Are you okay Antonio?” Chryslyn asked him.

“I’m scared, what if they don’t like me?”

“Oh honey, they’ll like you, c’mon in, it’ll be okay I promise.” Nevaeh said and offered her hand. Matt had to smile. The little boy took her hand and walked inside with her. He sat against the wall by one of the older kids. Chrys glanced in Jimmy’s direction and she saw that the baby was asleep against his shoulder. Her heart melted.

“I guess I’ll start the introductions.” Jasmine said and the others looked in her direction. “I’m Jasmine I run second chances.”

“Nevaeh Williams”

“Chryslyn Williams”

“Adele”

“Laila” and the rest of them introduced themselves and then they turned to the children.

“There’s a room for each of you I’ve asked the other kids to help you out. If you have questions please do not be afraid to ask. We figured we would give you time to get used to the routine here, before we started you on classes, which are held three times a week.” Jasmine said as she motioned for the other kids to come downstairs. Slowly the kids went in groups to be shown where their rooms were. Jasmine lead Jimmy since the baby was asleep in his arms to the room that it would have. He lay her gently in the crib and covered her with a blanket. And they walked quietly from the room. When they got back downstairs Chrys was in his arms almost immediately. Somehow he knew what they would be discussing when they got back to his house.

Later that day everyone was sitting around in Brian’s living room trying to figure out just what in the hell was going on with the rogues. And what they had been planning. Everyone was currently confused because they had appeared out of nowhere at the compound and disappeared just as quickly. Brian was watching as Nia looked frustrated from thinking about it and noticed that she was fidgeting. She couldn’t sit still. She stood and walked down the hall to the kitchen and opened the fridge looking for something to drink. Slowly they decided to take a break and everyone went to do their own thing and Brian followed Nia to the kitchen. She was leaning against the sink drinking a can of coke.

Jimmy was watching Chrys and he smiled as she turned and faced him. She walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her. She looked up at him and he smiled.

“You know, most guys would’ve run, after what they found out about me today.”

“I’m not most guys.”

“No you most definitely are not.”

“I was watching you today with that little girl.”

“What about it?” She asked looking at him as he lead her to a couch in one of the many other rooms on that floor.

“I got to thinking.”

“About?”

“You and me”

“What about us?” She bit her lower lip. Sure she was in love with him, was he in love with her?

“I got an idea.”

“What?” She asked.

“Well more or less a few things came to me…”

“Jimmy just spit out whatever you have to say.” Chrys said laughing as he sat and pulled her down on his lap.

“I want to be with you.”

“Like I wanna be with you?” She asked hoping he was saying what she thought he was saying.

“As in I want you to move in with me.”

“Anything else?”

“Marry me”

“I think I can do both of those things…”

“How about this one… we could adopt her…” Chryslyn’s eyes lit up and she leaned forward and kissed him.

“Are you sure?”

“About which part?” He asked a smirk in place.

“All of the above.”

“I’m sure…”

“Jimmy” and it was him who kissed her.

“She didn’t have a name according to the other kids.”

“I got that from them too.”

“We could talk to Jasmine tonight if you wanted to.” Jimmy said and the response that he got was another kiss and him thanking god all of a sudden for her teleportation power, because instead of being on a couch at Brian’s they were on his bed at his house.

Matt was looking around for Jimmy when Nevaeh walked over to him. Nia and Talia had cooked dinner and that had been done almost an hour ago. They had all eaten but now no one seemed to be able to find the other two.

“Have you seen my sister?”

“Now I can’t find Jimmy either…”

“Yeah it’s like they just disappeared. I wish she would tell me when she does that.” Matt shook his head and thought about where they would go.

“They probably went back to his place.” they both turned when Zack walked in with Laila and Ariana.