Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 22

Jimmy was watching as Chrys sat in the nursery at Second Chances holding the baby. Jimmy watched her and a smiled was permanently on his face. Jasmine had left them alone with her to go fetch the paperwork that they would need to fill out. Jimmy kneeled beside where she was sitting with the baby and looked down at her in Chryslyn’s arms. He wrapped an arm around her and she looked at him. They were both happy with this decision. They looked up as Jasmine walked back in and she smiled at them.

“That was fast.”

“Don’t take this wrong, but I could tell it was gonna happen.”

“How?” Chrys asked.

“Your eyes when you saw each other holding her.”

“Wow,”

“It’s my gift Jimmy. I read emotions well. It’s more of a learned ability. So all of my part is filled out and so are you‘re names and other things needed. A perk of being a council member that I love.”

“Trust me gifts are something we know about.” Jimmy said.

“Well all you have to do is give her a name, and sign these, the both of you. And of course the council requires a blood signature, when couples aren’t married at the time of the adoption, stating that you do in fact intend on marrying. Which you have informed me you’re engaged.”

“Just gotta get her a ring tomorrow I kinda just asked.”

“It was still sweet, and you already knew I’d say yes.” Chrys said.

“Actually I was scared shitless you’d say no.”

“Aww Jimmy” She said as they traded and he took the baby and she signed her name in ink on one paper and in blood on the other. She glanced sideways and smiled. Oh god she was a mother.

“How about Serenity?”

“Serenity Kaye Sullivan” Chrys said.

“I like it”

“Serenity it is.” And with that she left them telling them that they could take her home when they were ready to.

“I just wish we didn’t have to wait until tomorrow.” Chrys said looking at the child in her arms.

“We don’t.”

“But Jimmy we need a crib and…”

“We can use mine. My parents originally gave it to me when I found out Leana was pregnant. It’s never been used by any one other than me. It’s at the house, and she gave us everything that we would need to at least get through the rest of the day and tonight.”

“I love you James Sullivan.”

“Tiny problem…”

“What?”

“Car seat.”

“And you of all people I can’t believe just said that.”

“Ha oh right, meet you at home?”

“Yeah.”

Nevaeh was sitting on the floor at Brian’s laughing and playing with Fang who Zack had gone and gotten so that he didn’t feel neglected. Matt shook his head as he sat down his phone for the hundredth time.

“Still no answer?”

“None, guys I’m worried.”

“Hey Nia c’mon here.” Zack called and stood up and grabbed his cell phone off the table and dialed Jimmy’s number.

“What’s up?” Nia said walking in smiling.

“We need a lil help from the twins.”

“For what?”

“We can’t get a hold of Jimmy and Chrys…”

“No”

“But Nia, we’re all worried…”

“They’re asleep, I’m gonna have them help every time you guys can’t find someone. GOD THEY AREN’T EVEN FUCKING BORN YET!!!” Nia yelled.

“Calm down honey.” Brian said. Talia backed out of the room. She knew what was coming.

“Nia, we can’t get a hold of them.” Zack said

“EVER THINK THAT THEY’RE BUSY FUCKING AND DON’T WANT TO ANSWER THEIR MOTHER FUCKING PHONES?!” and a moment later the end table he had just grabbed his phone off was thrown at his head. Everyone was standing there shocked and Laila rolled her eyes.

“Must you keep being the cause of my boyfriends head injuries?”

“THEN HE SHOULD LEARN NOT TO FUCK WITH ME!”

“Dude I totally blame this all on you Zack.” Matt muttered.

“Wow there’s a hole in the wall…” Ariana said.

“A little bit of blood wouldn’t hurt right about NOW!” Zack yelled

“I got it baby.” Laila said.

“Oh let him get himself. He can yell he can walk.” Nia muttered. She noticed the dog was hiding and walked over to him. “Aww poor Fang, it’s okay. I didn’t mean to scare you. It’s okay boy.” and she leaned down and hugged the dog. Brian rolled his eyes.

“So she apologizes to the dog when and she puts a hole in our wall…”

“Dude, shut up, I don’t need something else thrown at me.” Zack muttered. Nia turned and looked at Brian.

“I’m sorry what did you just say?” She asked walking over to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at him. He swallowed what he had been about to say. “I’m waiting…” She said and the sweetness in her voice scared him a little.

“Nothing…Just… uhmm I love you?”

“It’s so not safe for her to stay here…” Johnny whispered to Adele. His girlfriend agreed with him. Zack turned to look at them from downing his fifth bag of blood that Laila had brought him. He suddenly got an idea.

“Not gonna work…I’ll be in the kitchen…” and she walked out of the room with Brian staring after her.

“What the fuck…” Brian said.

“Dude she bakes when she’s pissed.” Adele said.

“Great….” Brian muttered.

“Brian wanna find and invest in an island for her? One she can destroy all she wants?” Zack asked since Nia was no longer in the room.

“Well... better than my house... I’d like to have a place to live by the time these kids are born.”

“Wow you’re dad was never that mean to me.”

“Did you go around trying to tear the house up?”

“No uhm.. But he did get laid a lot…”

“Eww mom I didn’t need to know that…” Brian said the others laughed. They temporarily forgot that Nia had gone off on a baking spree in the kitchen. The guys still weren’t used to women being around so they only started remembering when they realized that something really yummy scented was coming from the kitchen.

“OOO what did Nia make?” Johnny asked. Brian shrugged and they walked to the kitchen. Brian’s jaw hit the floor. There were pies, and cakes and cookies and brownies covering the counters and table. And of course Adele was sitting there munching on a chocolate chunk cookie.

“Wow what happened while we were gone, Zack you look a little pale.” Jimmy said walking in.

“A pregnant hormonal woman happened to me. Fucker it’s your fault.”

“Don’t blame him for wanting to be alone and get some… sheesh Zack.”

“What the hell?” Chrys said raising her eye brow as she walked in and looked around. Their were deserts and cookies and candies and just about any other sweet something you could think of laying around the kitchen. Everyone turned at her voice and Nia was the first one to realize why there was a six month old baby on her friends hip. She started crying over the strawberry surprise cake she was currently icing.

“Who’s kid…?” Johnny asked.

“You two adopted her?” Nevaeh asked. Watching as the baby cuddled into her twin sisters shoulder.

“Dude… Jimmy…” Matt said shaking his head.

“That’s so sweet.” Nia said and she had to hug Chrys and Jimmy.

“Oh god… now she’s crying.” Johnny said moving away from her.

“Yeah her own Island is definitely a good idea.” Zack said Brian smacked him in the head.

“Hey as a doctor I’m telling you he doesn’t need to be hit in the again, seeing as he once again lost a lot of blood. As his girlfriend, I’m asking nicely…QUIT FUCKING HITTING HIM!”

“That’s asking nicely?” Matt asked and sidestepped as Laila tossed a cookie at his head. It hit Adele. She looked up at Laila and grabbed a cookie she was eating and threw it at her. It bounced off her shoulder and hit Johnny.

“Sorry babe”

“This is war.” Johnny picked a cookie up and it hit Zack and soon everyone except Brian, Nia, and Chrys were throwing cookies at one another. Brian had ended up with Nia in front of him and his lips on hers and now he was just wishing that the others in the room would disappear. He pulled Nia tighter against him as she deepened the kiss she had started. Oh god he wanted her so bad. Why did there have to be so many people in his house. He reluctantly pulled away from her, even though the way they were reacting to one another he didn’t want to.

“Brian I made something for you…WHAT IN THE HELL!!!” She looked at the kitchen. They had taken the cookies to another side of the room and had a food fight. Nothing was ruined, but there was still a mess and everyone stopped what they were doing.

“I didn’t do anything.” Chrys said as she walked back in. She had put Serenity on the couch with pillows around her and Fang had lain protectively in front of the baby on the floor. She had smiled at that.

“Obviously. Ya’ll need to get to cleaning that up!”

“Babe…?”

“Hmm?” she said turning to Brian. She followed his line of vision and smiled.

“Is that what I think it is?” Brian asked looking at the cake on the table.

“Here, find out.” and she handed him a knife which had people stepping towards the doors. He took it and she followed with a plate and fork. He sliced a piece of the chocolate on chocolate cake with chocolate shavings and sprinkles all over it. He placed it on the plate and everyone rolled their eyes when she picked up the fork and fed him the first bite.

“Holy shit…it taste just like when Mom made it…” Nia smiled. Talia nodded. “…but mom was in the family room with us…Oh god I love you so much right now.”