Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 23

“Wow, all it takes is a cake and he practically gets off.” Jimmy muttered. Nia just smiled as she took a bite of the cake and then handed the plate to Brian, who suddenly got defensive about the cake.

“No one touches that cake, well except Nia.” Brian said. She grinned and kissed his forehead.

“I love you to babe.” She said and went back to icing the strawberry cake she had been working on. She glanced sideways and noticed that everyone was cleaning the kitchen up of cookies. When she finished icing the cake she smiled at it. She sat it on the table and Adele smiled at it. It was a smaller version of the one that Nia had made for her birthday.

“I so need a plate and a knife.” Adele said. Nia pointed to a drawer and Zack started grabbing plates and forks.

“By the way Zack, I’m bitch enough to tell you, you don’t get nothin’ with chocolate in it. But that still leaves a lot of options.” Nia said grinning as she took the forks and plates from him and placed them on a table. “And Brian, I’ll get the hole fixed I promise.”

“Don’t worry about it, Zack’ll get it fixed, he’s the one that pissed you off.”

“Gee sure I would love to fix it.” Zack said around a piece of cheesecake.”

“Oh god this is why I love being a vampire…” Chrys said as she took another bite of apple pie.

“What?”

“You can’t gain wait, just muscle from working out.”

“Wait are you telling me I’ll be back to normal after I have the twins?”

“Mhmm.” Chrys said and Nia grinned.

“You do realize it’s gonna take an army to eat all of this right?” Zack said. They hadn’t touched the brownies, any of them, the candies or half the other cakes and pies. They could feed a hundred kids with it all.

“What we don’t eat we’ll take to Second Chances.” Nia said. Brian smiled. Oh yeah he loved her.

“Works for me, think we can get it there carefully tomorrow?” Nevaeh asked.

“Yeah I think so.”

The next morning they all met up at Brian and Nia’s and Chrys teleported ahead of them and told Jasmine they were bringing stuff from Nia’s bake a thon and obviously to drop the baby off so she could help. Jasmine smiled and one of the older girls that had been there since she was three took Serenity and headed to the kitchen with her.

“She’s already eaten this morning and she’s had her blood, but I don’t know if I’m gonna be back in time to give her lunch.”

“We’ll take care of her. Don’t worry.” Jasmine said and Chrys smiled. She was gone a second later shocking Jasmine a little bit. Two hours later several of the teenagers were flooding out of the main house to help with the homemade goodies. Nia had made cupcakes when she got up that morning so there had been even more to bring over. Zack wasn’t with them because with a little help from Laila he was looking into buying an island. He knew of a series of islands owned by Vampires that were for sale all the time or for rent. But seeing as he had a feeling that at some point in time that island would probably be used by the others as well it was a good investment on his and Brian’s part. Even if it was just for getaways from the world to spend with their loved ones they would use it.

Nia smiled as she watched the workers and volunteers set out the cakes and other goodies. It was lunch time at the house and when each kid filed in for lunch they were greeted with a cupcake already at their place and food setting on the tables. There were sandwiches and chips for the most part with vegetable trays as well. Nia smiled as she leaned back into Brian’s arms. Chrys held Serenity as Jimmy mixed her bottle. Chrys shuddered as she saw the milk turn pink from the blood that had to be put in it. When the bottle was mixed Jimmy took their daughter and Chrys smiled at him. She popped out and back to the house with Adele for a few minutes and when they got back Adele looked somewhat relieved. Johnny said nothing and when they left a few hours later Adele told him what had been going on and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s not like I hid it from you.”

“You know I’m not mad, it’s just maybe it’s a good thing you’re not pregnant.”

“Scared I’ll be as bad as Nia?”

“Not really no, but we are kinda in the middle of a war.”

“That’s why I was so relieved too Johnny. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have kids, but now isn’t such a good time.”

“As long as when this is over, you remember you said that.” Johnny said grinning. Adele smiled at him.

“Trust me I won’t forget.” She responded back and he smiled.

Ariana was sitting on the roof of her brother’s house looking out over the grounds. It was weird to have family. And actually it was weird to have friends on top of that. People that truly cared about you. It a matter of three days she had found both. She was truly lucky. She leaned back on the room so she was laying and listened to the music pumping out of her head phones. She smiled content where she was for the time being.

Matt lay on the couch watching TV and looked up when he heard Nevaeh walk in. He smiled at her and sat up. She curled beside him and sighed as she felt him put an arm around her.

“So you’re an Aunt now huh? How’s it feel?”

“A little weird actually.”

“Yeah I bet, especially with no warning either.”

“I know, I mean I should’ve seen it coming but I didn’t.”

“None of us did, and I’ve known Jimmy since as far back as I can remember. We’re like brothers. He’s five months older than me or something like that. We’ve always been friends. I never though that he would get over what happened with Leana.”

“I never thought she’d get over being turned. She did, she started kicking ass and she would’ve loved to see Marius die.”

“You should ask Brian and Johnny how good it felt to kill him. They did it. Double teamed, stake through his heart from behind and a slashed throat to make him loose blood quicker.”

“Sounds painful.”

“Had to have been, don’t really want to test that theory.” Matt said.

“Me either… although I have a better idea than watching TV.” Matt watched as she moved so she was on his lap and faceing him.

“I think I like your idea…” and he kissed her.

“Think we can make it to the bed?”

“Fuck no” and Matt tore her clothes from her body as she did the same with his. He took her on the couch.