Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 24

Dillon stood in front of his associates and waited for them to quiet before he began to speak. They were all pissed about the attack at the compound and needed to shut the fuck up before he got pissed. He slammed his fist on the table beside him and the room became instantly quiet. All heads turned to him and he began to speak.

“It seems that the council has finally decided to acknowledge that we are at war. As the fight at the compound has proved. But we have an even bigger problem. All those children. They were taken into the councils custody and placed in an orphanage for vampires. The one place that is too protected by the council for us to even invade. Second Chances. Run by the oldest vampire alive today. Jasmine. Those kids were to join us once old enough to understand that things need to be the way that they were. But first to accomplish anything we need to take out those fucking hunters. The council trusts them too much. Their numbers are growing and apparently some of them have very vile tempers. As I hear it, and saw for myself at the last council meeting I was in, they are very protective of the five women that are now with them. We all know that Elainia Matthews has visions. She is our main target. Whatever you do, do not kill her!”

“What the hell do we need some bitch for?” one of the females in the group asked.

“Because she has visions, that would give us an advantage over the enemy that’s why, you question me?” Dillon demanded.

“No, but we don’t need some bitch that probably would tell us the wrong thing and get us killed.”

“She wouldn’t dare cross me.”

---Zack and Brian---

“Dude, how about buying one off of Australia?” Zack asked. As he and Brian sat staring at a computer on a website that you had to have a special password to access it.

“Might work, and it’s far enough away, we’d be safe, and I’d still have a house when the girls are born…” Brian said.

“Let’s do it then.” They were finalizing the plans and everything when Nia walked in. Brian looked up and Zack turned in chair and tried to hide the computer screen. Both guys looked surprised to see her. She never normally came up there.

“Whatcha doin’?” Nia asked.

“uhm…” Brian said looking at Zack for a little bit of help.

“Nothing…” Zack said. Nia glanced around Zack at the computer screen. She had seen Brian looking at the same sight earlier in the week. She raised an eyebrow at the two men in front of her. Her eyebrow went up. Brian swallowed and Zack started praying to god that he wasn’t the target of whatever she was going to throw.

“Brian, what are the two of you hiding from me?” Nia asked. She looked into his brown eyes looking for the answer.

“Now Nia, this is for your own safety and well Zacky... Ow! I mean we thought that giving you somewhere to be where you can do whatever you wanted and no one could get hurt..." Nia had heard enough and grabbed the closest thing that she could which happened to be a chair and threw it as hard as she could at Brian just as Laila walked in. The chair caught Brian in the torso area and he was thrown back wards landing on his ass in severe pain.

“Oh thank god it wasn’t Zacky this time.” Laila said and Zack started laughing because he was relieved that it hadn’t been him this time and because what his girlfriend said was hilarious.

“Shut up Zachary James Baker.” Nia said and glared at the man before she turned and walked from the room. Laila glanced at Brian and said nothing she did however wrap her arms around Zack and pressed her lips to his. He grinned against her lips and soon they both forgot about Brian and he spun Laila around and sat her on the desk. She wrapped her legs around him and they didn’t break the kiss and Brian suddenly knew how Zack felt every time he got hurt and was ignored. Brian felt like passing out from the pain he was in though. He finally said something when it seemed that Laila and Zack completely forgot that he was there and started pulling clothes off one another.

“Okay yeah don’t wanna watch that shit…” the two pulled apart and glanced at him. Laila cocked an eyebrow at him. Zack rolled his eyes and spoke.

“Yet it’s okay for us to watch you and Nia go at it against the bus?”

“Just shut the fuck up and help me up, I think I’ve got a few broken ribs.”

“Oh my god, you are such a fucking baby, why you gotta ruin shit?” Laila asked as she grabbed Zack’s t-shirt and put it on. She made Brian take his off and she felt where his ribs were. “Yeah definitely broken, you’ll heal get over it.” And she grabbed Zacks hand and led him from the room. Brian glared after them and sighed as he used the desk to pull himself up. He walked downstairs slowly and when he got to the kitchen Nia was sitting there eating a piece of strawberry cake and singing along to the radio on the counter. She looked at him as he walked in. He glared at her as he clutched his ribs. She smiled sweetly at him.

“Not gonna work.” Brian muttered as he got ice from the freezer. Nia was shocked by what he said. She had really pissed him off this time.

“Babe?” Nia asked standing and walking to him. He looked at her. It was like the scene upstairs hadn’t happened.

“Don’t fucking touch me right now Elainia.” Brian said as he moved a little too quick and clutched his ribs in pain. Nia wanted to cry. She watched as he moved from the room and as Laila walked in her and Zack saw the cake she had been eating hit the wall. Nia lay her head on the table and cried. Zack started backing out of the kitchen and Laila rolled her eyes at him and pushed him out of the room. She followed him. Everyone that was there though suddenly ran to the kitchen five minutes later when Nia yelled out. Laila was there first and she saw that there was nothing wrong and started to walk away but Zack realized what it was immediately.

“Nia, what’d you see?” Zack asked as Brian finally made it the room.

“Chrys… the baby… oh god shit Brian it’s Dillon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
~~~ YOU KNOW YA'LL LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!! and I LOVE YEWSSSSSSSSSSS