Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 25

Chrys was walking around the nursery that Jimmy had sat up for Serenity holding the child close as she softly sang her to sleep. Jimmy watched the two and smiled. He couldn’t believe how far he’d come in just a matter of what had it been a month? He was happy for the first time since Leana. He was happy to the point where lately his emotions were no longer controlling him. He watched as the woman he had fallen in love with turned holding their daughter. It didn’t matter that she had been adopted what mattered was that she was now theirs. Chryslyn walked to him and he started to take Serenity from her. He stopped however when he heard the door downstairs slam open. Chrys looked at Jimmy and she disappeared a second later when he told her to go to Brian’s.

They were trying to get out of Nia what the hell was going on when Chrys appeared in the kitchen. Heads turned and Nia got pissed. They were not going to hurt her friends. Ariana took the baby from Chrys and using a shit load of energy they all except Ariana and Fang and Brian were out of the house in a heartbeat. Jimmy turned from walking out of the room with a blade in his hand, totally dangerous for him seeing as there was nothing to protect him if he had to touch the silver of it. Nia grabbed it from him and Chrys tossed him a pair of leather gloves. Nia handed him back the blade and the group made they’re way downstairs. Laila following behind them. They all had a weapon of some kind because Andrew had told them to carry one. Nia was the one leading beside Jimmy.

As the group walked down the hall they knelt slightly so the half wall and they heard several voices from downstairs. Jimmy’s fist clinched and Nia shook her head at him. Zack watched her and made a slashing movement across his throat. She grinned and Flipped him off. Laila rolled her eyes and told Nia to take it out the idiots down stairs. She grinned and stood.

“Hey, you fuckers looking for me?” Nia yelled. Zack looked at her and she grinned. They all stayed down and Nia watched them as they turned in her direction. She held Brian’s dad’s blade in her hand by the blade not the handle. She wasn’t wearing gloves. Dillon turned and looked at her.

“Now why would you be hear Elainia?”

“Oh I was just actually getting ready to fuck Jimmy’s brains out but your nasty ass had to ruin all my fun.” Jimmy raised and eyebrow and carefully moved back without being seen and stood when he got to the full wall and Laila’s eyebrow rose when he pulled his shirt off. Zack glared at her. Chrys bit her tongue to keep from saying a word. But there was fire in her eyes.

‘is he seriously going to go along with this?’ she mouthed. Zack shrugged. Jimmy walked to where Nia was and didn’t look down.

“C’mon baby, what’s wrong…?” He wrapped an arm around her to make it look believable. She pointed and his gaze turned to the people down stairs.

“Dillon….”

“Sullivan… wow found a new woman… thought she was Brian’s…”

“What Brian don’t know won’t hurt him.”

“Okay can we cut to the chase…I’m pregnant and I wanted some… why the hell are you here?”

“Well it wasn’t for you… but trust me, since you’re here…”

“You want her you have to go through me.” Jimmy said.

“Aww… now why do you have to spoil my fun…” and the blade in her hand barely registered with those downstairs before it was buried in it’s desired target. The woman that was moving towards the steps. Jimmy pulled his from it’s holder on his hip and with that one move the others moved quickly. Nia had a smirk on her face as she moved swiftly. She was soon face to face with Dillon and Jimmy wasn’t beside her. He grinned at her.

“Give it up Matthews…”

“Now why would I do that?” and she spun around kicking him in the midsection sending him to the ground. He charged at her with a knife drawn and she moved so it only grazed her arm. It did not phase her. She sliced his arm open with her blade and he fell back. He glared at her and she smirked as she heard someone behind her. She grabbed the entry way table and spun around taking out the bitch coming up behind her. When the battle was over they all stood there surrounding by ashing bodies and broken furniture. Talia looked at the girl that her son loved and her eyebrow shot up. She noticed Laila was helping Zack up and Jimmy was reaching for Chrys who moved from him.

“Chrys I’m sorry I needed a cover I didn’t think Jimmy’d go and pull that stunt.”

“It’s not that. He went with it.”

“Chrys homey…” and he went to her not letting go when she protested. And lowered his lips to hers and pulled her against him.

“Don’t ever kiss another woman like that…” Chrys said as they pulled apart.

“I won’t promise.” Jimmy said and despite the rubble and destruction that was down stairs five minutes later they could hear the obvious sounds of Jimmy and Chrys making up all the way downstairs. Nia rolled her eyes and called Brian. The others were on their way.

“Hey Zack…” he glanced at Nia and raised an eyebrow ducking behind Laila.

“So where’s this place I guess I need to be…?”

“If I answer that am I gonna get something thrown at me?”

“No”

“Off Australia”

“Right, great.” She didn’t look happy about it but looking around her she knew it was best.