Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 26

Nia sighed as she sat on the steps and listened as Brian and the others talked. She was trying to ignore them. She knew this was the right thing. There was nothing going to change her mind. If she stayed then none of them would have a place to live. Brian glanced in her direction and she smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes. Brian hated that she was hurting inside but they had to do something. She’d be safe there and now he wished he could go with her. Chryslyn was going to transport her there and the others had promised to come visit. And he promised to stay as often as possible and he made so many promises he knew there was one that he hadn’t. One he would when he saw her again.

They were all leaving the next week to start back up a tour when there was an all out public attack. One that they weren’t expecting and they barely made it out of that one. Thankfully they were able to wipe as many human minds as possible. They knew that this was getting dangerous but there was nothing that they could except continue the fighting. After that attack the girls even decided before being asked by the men went to the Island to stay with Nia. They also figured that it would keep the baby safe as well. That was apparently the smart choice because once again somehow the security at Jimmy’s was once more breeched.

Jimmy was pacing the bus wanting his fiancé and daughter when seemingly out of nowhere the two females appeared on the bus. Matt rolled his eyes and Zack looked pissed. He wanted Laila and she wasn’t there, she couldn’t be. Stupid Chryslyn and Serenity. Chryslyn saw the look on Zack’s face and shook her head. Jimmy smiled and wrapped his arms around his soon to be wife. Which was why she was here. They had already arranged it a head of time and the only ones not there were going to be the other girls. They had to do this carefully. They were going to have to wipe the man’s memory which was bad enough since he was a priest. Zack walked to his bunk and Chrys shrugged.

Nia was sitting on her bed crying. She missed Brian and hadn’t seen him in a while. It had been three weeks and Chrys had already gone back and then rejoined them here on the island. She had come back a married woman. Her, Jimmy, and Serenity were now a family. Heads turned when there was a noise outside. Nia and the others glanced at one another and placing the baby in Chryslyn’s arms the five women moved to the front door of the house that they were staying in. Jaws hit the ground when the girls saw the guys standing there. Nia ran to Brian and he grinned as he spun her in a circle. Laila was in Zack’s arms in less time than it took the other girls to be in their boyfriends arms.

Jimmy took Seven month old Serenity from his wife as she reached for him. Jimmy kissed her forehead and then wrapped an arm around Chrys. The eleven of them walked inside and Zack who had his arms around Laila asked how the twins were doing and Nia raised an eyebrow in his direction. Zack hid behind Laila like he was gonna get hit. They all laughed at that and walked inside. They found themselves lounging in the TV room with some tacky vampire moving in and cuddled up on the floor or on couches. The guys told them they were spending their week off there.

The next morning they woke to something burning. And with Nia there that wasn’t possible. It wasn’t food. Matt was out in the hall in a heartbeat almost running into everyone else. Through all of it Nevaeh was still asleep. Chrys was trying to comfort Serenity and Jimmy had his arm protectively around them both. Nia pointed out a shadow in the tree line by the house and they separated in groups. It was time to hunt. They were moving through the woods when Matt who was with Nia stopped as she dropped to her knees unable to speak. Suddenly thanks to the wonder twins he was yelling for Zack and Brian and then taking off for the house. Nevaeh was inside the burning building with the baby. He was suddenly flashing back to when he lost Rae.

Rae was laughing as she walked with Matt through the fields watching as people worked. Her hand was in his and they were happy. She was a new turn and his true love. She giggled when he turned to her and lifted her from the ground and spun her in a circle. She smiled at him as he moved to kiss her. She was content in his arms.

The next thing either of them knew they were in the middle of a battle against Marius. Jimmy was beside Matt and Rae was on Matt’s other side. Suddenly another vampire got to close to them and staked Raw through the heart and a flaming arrow was piercing her chest as well. Jimmy had to pull Matt away from her to keep him from dying as well.

That had been enough for the dark haired green eyed vampire was suddenly no longer fighting the war to survive. He was fighting for revenged.


Matt wasn’t letting Jimmy stop him this time. Chryslyn looked at Matt and Jimmy and both men nodded And Matt took Chryslyn’s hand and the two of them disappeared reappearing in the house. Matt was panicking. Nevaeh wasn’t dying. There was no way in hell. He needed her. The baby was crying in her aunts arms but the fire was staying away from them. Chrys and Matt rushed forward and pulled the two toward them before Chrys concentrated and moved them back outside. The whole group was soon standing there watching the house burn. Brian and Zack looked at one another and then Nia. She was glaring at them. What the hell would they have done if the guys hadn’t been there?
♠ ♠ ♠
I started this story Before the loss of Jimmy the Rev Sullivan... it'll continue in his honor...

RIP FEB 9, 1981 -DEC. 28 2009