Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 29

Nia was in the kitchen baking when Brian found her. She turned before he could say a word and smiled at him, causing him to smile back just as Laila came into the kitchen running. She was followed by Chryslyn, Nevaeh, and Adele. Nia raised an eyebrow at the women and Laila grinned before holding out her left hand. Nia laughed as a moment later she found herself in a five woman embrace of hugging and Laughter.

"I smell cookies!" Zack called out as he walked in. He stopped and stared at the group of women that Brian was trying and failing not to laugh at. Zack smirked knowing he was the cause of the commotion seeing as he had put the ring on Laila's finger just the night before. Brian shook his head and congratulated him just as someone else walked in smelling cookies. This pulled due any time Nia away from her friends and back to what she was doing. She was just turning the oven off when the first of many labor pains occured.

With Zack and Brians help Laila got Nia up to her and Brian's room and into a nightgown, considering the lack of hospital gowns around the house. Zack and Brian were both in the room and they all knew that the others were downstairs excitedly talking about the coming of the Baker twins. Downstairs Chryslyn was comforting one year old Serenity who was confused by all of the commotion. She saw Adele nod to her and handed her daughter off to Jimmy and walked with Adele into the other room. Jimmy knew what his friend and wife were up to and was also glancing at Nevaeh this was where she was going to be in four or five months.

Talia and Ariana were in the kitchen looking for some dinner when Chryslyn and Adele literally popped in. Ariana glanced up and waved causing Talia to turn and look at the two. Talia immediately realized why they were there.

"Is it time?" Talia asked and Adele nodded. Putting the cookbook that they had been looking at away Talia and Ari immediately without hesitation took Chrys and Adele's hands and moments later with no stops in between they were all back at the house on the island that everyone had decided to stay at. They arrived in time to hear Nia cry out as a contraction hit. Talia made her way upstairs and Ari stayed downstairs popping a fresh baked Cherry Chocolate Chip cookie into her mouth. The minute Talia was in the room Brian hugged her and Laila looked thankful.

"Is there anything that I can do?" Talia asked Laila.

"She's only eight minutes apart now, however you could do me the favor of smacking your son on the head and reassure Zack that Nia's not going to kill him." Laila responded wanting all the help that she could get. "He won't listen to me." At that Talia laughed, and began to calm the soon to be daddy down.

"Now, as for you Brian," Talia said turning to her son. "If you and Elania ever decide to have kids the same thing is going to happen to you when she goes into labor, so quit laughing." Brian's eyes went wide but he didn't say anything else or laugh at Zack. He did however take the hand that Nia reached toward him with.

Rose Marie Baker was born ten minutes before her sister Riley Noel Baker. Nia was asleep and father and step father were holding each of the beautiful green eyed little girls that Nia had given birth to. Brian glanced sideways at Nia's sleeping form and his gaze found its way to the engagement ring that she wore on her left hand. She was his. Zack and Brian both looked up when Laila walked in.

"Just checking on the mommy and the babies. And letting the daddies know that Chrys and Vaeh popped out literaly to go get diapers, and all that kind of thing. Also if both of you would kindly follow me and bring the babies please. Be quiet though because Nia needs her sleep."

Brian and Zack got up carefully and followed Laila to the nursery where Serenity had been sleeping and waited while she opened the door. Both Zack and Brian's jaws fell to the floor. There were now two cribs in the room and on the end of each one was a plaque with a name on it. The walls were a light purple and the curtains were tinted light blue and purple bringing the light blueish green bed clothing into the room. There were two dressers set up side by side with four seperate photographs on them.

There was one of Nia and Brian, Nia and Zack, Laila and Zack, and the fourth largest one was of all four of them. Brian knew immediately that Nia was going to love it.

"Wait where is Serenity going to sleep?" Brian asked. Zack grinned and answered the question before his fiance could.

"We're all moving back to Huntington Beach. Since you and Nia need somewhere out of the way to stay the house here is perfect. Of course Chrys'll be popping me and Laila in on a regular basis so we can see the girls. But unless we come up with a way to touch base on the issue of your death, you're stuck here for a while." Brian sighed he knew how hard this was going to be on Nia. Especially now that the girls were born.

"Do you think there's a way we could explain it? I mean seriously I want this to be as easy on Elania as possible. I don't want to see her hurt. I'd do anything for her and I..."

"Brian you've done enough for me. You don't have to be my knight in shining armor because you feel that you owe it to me. I love you. No matter what. And I'd gladly stay here with you until you can leave. I don't care where we are as long as we're together, that's all that matters." Nia said walking carefully into the room, not bothering to look around as she took Riley from Brian and placed a gently kiss to her daughters forehead before handing her to Laila. "We'll get through this together. Beside's that you can always just say it didn't do much more than scratch you." Nia said before wrapping her arms around Brian's neck and placing a kiss to his lips.

"Nia, you're brillant!" Brian said when they pulled away from one another.

"I know that's why you love me so much." Nia said and they waited for the babies ot be put in their cribs before they headed downstairs to figure out what they were going to do and how they were going to pull it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this out but sadly this is the end with a sequel definitely planned.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED ETERNAL REST and I'll have the sequel out after I Prewrite at least four chapters of it. So it may be a while.

Love you all
Jessica aka Vengeance Is My Syn