Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 4

He was running harder than he wanted to be at the moment, but the lack of sleep was not going to stop him for catching the people behind killing his sister. Brian aka Synyster Gates, was determined now that he had a lead on who had hired Marius, to go after Elainia, he had a place to start. Finding out who was after Elainia would help him find his sister’s murderer. If chasing down vampires at 2:30 in the morning was any way to do that, then that was what he was going to do. Finally after a twenty minute chase he caught up with the woman he was after. He slammed her against the wall of a nearby building keeping a firm grip on her arms as he turned her to face him. He was floored when he saw her face.

“Elainia?”

“Close, Lana her mother.” The woman said with a smirk of satisfaction on her face. Brian was hardly ever caught off guard so luckily Johnny was with him. He heard a startled cry behind him taking him off his guard for a minute and giving Lana enough time to break free somewhat and shove her elbow into his face. It wasn’t the first time someone had broken his nose. He snapped it back into place before it could begin to heal wrong and slammed her to the ground. He turned when he saw flames flash behind him.

“Syn move NOW!” It was Shadows. Brian took off at a dead run grabbing Johnny’s arm in the process and dragging him with him. Shadows was right behind them. Once they got a safe distance away they turned back to look for any sign of Lana. She was gone, and unfortunately not up in flames. They took to the streets looking for her but they were wasting time. They weren’t going to find her again until she wanted to be found. They headed back to Zacks to see if there was any improvement in Elainia’s condition. It had been two days and all the three of them had done was scrounge the city for clues to who had it in for Alyx or Elainia and now they knew. And it was looking as if Alyx had been a lucky find for Marius. The man hadn’t known where to find her. Until he walked into that apartment looking for Elainia.

Jimmy was in the kitchen pouring blood into glasses half full of Jack Daniels. He handed over the glasses as the guys walked into the dining room. However Brian didn’t head to the dining room he headed straight upstairs. He knocked on the door to Elainia’s room, where they had moved her the night Brian had given his blood. He glanced sideways at the computer that was still playing music. Adele had finished putting all of Elaina’s music on it so they hadn’t heard a repeat of any songs yet. He looked at Matt’s mom and she motioned toward the bed. Elainia was sitting up and she had a glass of blood in front of her. She was drinking it and she had a look of pure disgust on her face. Brian started to feel really bad but it was the only way that he could save her.

“Figured out who’s trying to kill me yet?” She asked nastily.

“I don’t think the person behind this is actually trying to kill you.”

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean Syn?”

“Glad to see you’re feeling better. Finally found some leads. You’re gonna love who’s behind this.” Brian said he was trying to be patient with her but it wasn’t working so well.

“Are you going to tell me or do I have to guess?”

“Alright enough both of you. You, you’re running on low blood levels and even less sleep. Grab three bags and go to bed. And you are obviously feeling better. You two can discuss this tomorrow.” Melody Sanders told the two of them. Brian stalked off and grabbed the blood he had been instructed to and glared over the top of the bag as he drained it. He had quit drinking from glasses two days ago deciding it to be too much of a hassle. With him being on the move so much now. Slight problem now was, they were going to have to bring Elainia with them on tour, which meant that Adele was most likely coming along as well. Life was going to be hard on them because of this. Brian said not a word to the other guys as he slammed his door shut and for the first time in two days went to bed.

“You could have let him tell me, I’m tired of this shit. If I have no choice but to be like ya’ll I wanna at least know why!” Elainia yelled throwing the glass against the wall. The remaining blood splashed all over the wall and floor as the glass broke. She got up on wobbly legs and carefully walked to the bathroom. She closed Syn’s door quietly because she was trying to be nice so he would tell her what the hell was going on and then closing her door she started the shower. She stood under the spray for about ten minutes after she washed her hair and body. She stepped out and standing on her towel she glanced in the mirror. She looked a little healthier than she had before all of this shit went down. She turned to the side and looked in the mirror. The tattoo on her lower back was still there. She smiled at the butterfly that sat on her lower back. It was black and blue. She turned to look at her left side. The long pink line where she had been stabbed was gone. Closing her eyes she wrapped the towel around her and walked back into her room. She pulled on a new outfit sighed as she started getting her strength back from moving around again. She walked barefoot across the hall but Adele wasn’t in her room. She walked downstairs slowly and quietly as she heard voices.

“I thought I told you that you need sleep!”

“You’re not my fucking mother!” She heard in response to the woman’s words. ‘Syn’ Elainia thought

“Brian, please listen to her.” Matt said trying to calm his friend down.

“No someone has to tell Elainia her mother is one of us!” Brian looked at Matt who was staring behind him. He turned and there she was standing in shorts and a tank top barefoot with horror in her eyes. Melody rushed toward her as she gripped the wall and Elainia brushed her off.

“My mom…” she trailed off when they all shook their heads.

“She hates me though”

“Then maybe she really did want you dead. But she is behind this. We think.” Johnny responded not looking at her.

“NO!” and Elainia ran upstairs and back to the room that she had just gotten dressed in. Sighing heavily Brian took off after a minute to follow her. Matt kept the others down stairs. Brian stood outside the closed door for a minute and the knocked. “Go away”

“Elainia we need to talk about this.”

“No, it can’t be true.”

“I’m coming in Elainia.” Brian opened the door and walked in and saw her sitting there on the edge of the bed. He sighed and sat down beside her.

“She’s dead, I watched her die!”

“I thought she kicked you out.”

“She did Syn, the year before she died. Her and my dad.”

“I have a name you know.” He muttered

“How could she do this to me?” She was crying now and Brian did the only thing he could do and that was pulling her to him and let her have a shoulder to cry on. She cried for a few more minutes and when she pulled back Brian didn’t know why but he kissed her forehead. Well he meant to. She looked up at him at the same moment and he ended up kissing her on the lips. Both were caught by surprise but allowed the kiss to lengthen.