Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 5

Brian woke up the next morning with a warm body pressed close to his. He slowly opened his eyes and found that he was holding someone. Her strawberry blonde hair was in his face and he knew immediately who it was. They were lying on top of the covers of her bed and he could hear her gentle breathing. He moved slightly to get out of the bed but she began to stir.

Elainia woke up and all she could remember about the events of the night well early morning before was that she had kissed him, well he had kissed her and she kissed him back, and her mom was alive. She felt an arm around her and it took her a moment to realize who it was. He was getting up. Oh was this going to be awkward. She let him finish removing himself from her bed before she got up. She stood on one side and he stood across from her on the other. His clothes and hers were wrinkled from being slept in. Neither of them said a word as Brian opened the mini fridge and grabbed two bags of blood one for her and one for him. He tossed her one and then sitting on the bed ripped his open with his teeth and drained it. Elainia sat on the bed as well and tore the bag open carefully. She hated the taste of blood, but everyone kept telling her that she would get used to it. She slowly drank the blood from the bag and made a gagging face as she drank it.

“It’s easier if you drink it fast.” She glanced over at him and shrugged. It was worth a shot. So she chugged it. The taste didn’t linger like it did when she sipped it. She tossed the bag into the trash can and took the second bag he handed her. He grinned at her, she grinned back and they ripped them open at the same time and she had to smirk when she finished first.

“I used to have drinking contests with Adele.” She said in way of explanation.

“That would explain it.”

“You’re right I can’t taste it if I drink fast.”

“Yeah well I’m known to be right occasionally.”

“Thanks Brian” She said and walked toward the bathroom. He watched her and shook his head.

“You called me Brian” He said laughing.

“Yeah well it is your name ain’t it?”

“Mhmm” and he walked passed her into the bathroom and then into his room closing his bathroom door behind him. She looked in the mirror and touched her hands to her lips, remembering the kiss from the night before. They hadn’t said a word about it. She picked up the brush that Adele had given her and brushed her hair out. She separated it and put it in two braids. She walked out of the bathroom and back into her room forgetting to close the door behind her. She slid out of her clothes from the night before and pulled on a pair of white capri’s and was pulling on a pale blue tank when he said her name.

“Elainia?” She turned and looked at him and only then did he realize that she was standing there half dressed. She quickly pulled the tank over her head and raised an eyebrow at him. He stood there for a moment looking at her.

“You wanted something?” She asked

“Uh yeah, about last night…you know your mom…”

“Oh right yeah my mom. Do we have to talk about that?”

“Unfortunately, we do.” Elaina walked from the room through her bedroom door and he followed. She got the steps and started down, he followed. They didn’t talk until they reached the kitchen where everyone else was.

“So uh about my mom?”

“Not good news I’m afraid.” Matt said from where he had his head in the fridge looking for something to eat for breakfast. “Dammit, Zack don’t you have any quick fix breakfast food?” He muttered as he pulled the juice out.

“Uh no”

“I’ll cook” Elainia said walking over to the fridge.

“You don’t have to, I can.” Brian said moving to the fridge a little faster than she did.

“You cook?”

“Yeah”

“Really now”

“Sit down Elainia”

“Fine” Elainia sat down and watched him. He was interesting to study and she found she liked the way he moved. And she remembered the way his hands had run over her sides last night as he had kissed her…

“Hey uh wanna come back down to Earth?” She faintly heard Zack ask. She grinned and turned so she was facing the guys. A glass of juice appeared before her and she took a sip of it.

“Yeah, so my mom?”

“Lana was well amused when Brian called her you.”

“And it well it caught two of us off guard since we are younger than Matt.” Johnny muttered.

“Yeah no shit, she looked just like Elainia, well except for her eyes, they had this weird like reddish black glow to them.”

“What the hell would cause that? My eyes won’t do that will they?”

“No your eyes should stay green.” Brian said. Heads turned at that. ‘He knows what color my eyes are?’ Elainia thought to herself.

“Uh yeah what Brian said, unless you start killing for pleasure and stuff like that.” Jimmy said. That was the first time he had said anything. He looked saddened by the words that he had just said.

“Wait so what you guys are basically telling me is my mom’s the bad guy here?”

“Yeah”

“Shit” she sat there quietly for a moment and when a fork was placed in her hand she ate the food that was also set in front of her mechanically. “This is good.”

“Told you I could cook.” Brian said and sat in the empty seat next to her. “So Matt did your parents leave?”

“Yes, finally I swear dad tries to stop her, but the woman smothers me.”

“Yeah, wish I knew how it felt.”

“No trust me you don’t. My mom smothered me, the reason she kicked me out was because I dated a boy that she didn’t like. I wouldn’t date this guy that she wanted me too. My dad was so passive and let her get away with how she treated me too. She used to hit me when I disobeyed her. If I hadn’t have taking cooking classes she probably would’ve killed me, but luckily for me turned out I loved to cook.” Elainia said. She looked up as Adele walked in.

“’Nia, are you feeling any better?”

“Lots thanks”

“No problem, I was worried about you. They wouldn’t let me see you. No offense Matt but your mom’s anal.”

“Yeah no shit”

“They wouldn’t let you see me?”

“Yeah something about not being like you anymore.”

“That’s bullshit and you know it Adele, nothing is ever going to change the fact that you are my best friend.”

“Thanks” Adele said sitting down with the plate she had just loaded down with food. “mm ‘Nia this is good.”

“I didn’t cook it.”

“Who did?”

“Brian did” Zack said from across the table. Adele looked up shocked and then back down at the plate of food she was currently shoving down.

“Wow” was all she said and continued eating.

“So we have a slight problem.” Johnny said from across the table.

“What?” Elainia and Adele asked at the same time.