Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 6

“Why the hell do you say it’s a problem?” Matt asked Johnny

“Uh hello the bus isn’t big enough for all of us.”

“So we take two.” Jimmy muttered. It would be a little more dangerous, but technically only two of them would need to stay with Elainia since she was a vampire now. The extra person would be needed to protect Adele.

“Hey do you wanna clue us in or are you gonna act like we’re not here and it’s none of our business what the hell you’re talking about.” Elainia said managing not to cuss anyone out.

“The two of you have to come on tour with us so that we can teach you everything you need to know about vampires, and so that Adele is protected until we’re sure it’s safe.” Brian explained.

“Good thing we quit our jobs…”

“Can I still have a job?” Elainia said at the same time as Adele spoke.

“Uh yeah, in about six weeks, when you can control your new…we’ll say senses.” Matt said. He had seen turns before and knew it took about six weeks to take control of the urge to bite whenever you smelled human blood. Elainia didn’t look pleased. She went to stand from the table but discovered that she couldn’t. The massive black dog that she hadn’t seen since the first day she had been in the house, was currently resting his…or was it a her, head on her lap.

“Fang, come here boy.” Zack said calling the dog over. The massive animal that he called Fang moved and padded loudly over to his master. Elainia finally did stand and when she walked from the room she didn’t go back upstairs, she figured since the guys could do it, she could too so she walked outside and sat on the porch steps. She sat there alone for a minute, and then she heard someone walk out behind her. She sighed and waited to speak until whoever it was sat down beside her. She felt an arm go around her and turned to smile lightheartedly at Adele.

“So, you know all those clothes we just bought?”

“What about them?”

“Let’s go pack them and listen to some ETF.”

“You don’t like Escape The Fate Adele.”

“Yeah, well you do so come on.” Elainia got up and followed her friend shaking her head in disbelief, they were in the middle of a crisis and her friend was more excited about going on tour with Avenged Sevenfold, than she was worried about the possibility of a horrific death. The two got upstairs and Johnny had given them each a duffel bag and a suitcase. They began to pack and Elainia was screaming the lyrics to Its Just Me when after no one answered the door Jimmy rolled his eyes and walked in. Elainia stopped mid word and grinned sheepishly at him. He said not a word and waited for her to turn the music down.

“We’re leaving in an hour.”

“Uhm, okay I just have to find what I did with the laptop case I bought…” and Elainia trailed off and went back to looking for the stupid thing. She was trying not to be embarrassed. He stood waiting for them so that he could help with their things, since the guys were all doing whatever else they wanted.

“Uh so here’s the plan, Johnny, Matt, and Brian are gonna travel on one bus with Adele, and me and Zack are gonna be with you. I hope that’s alright.”

“Uhm yeah sure that’s fine.” She turned so he wouldn’t see the disappointment on her face. She had wanted to travel with Brian. She bit the inside of her lip and drew blood, which shocked her. The little bit of blood that she drew tasted great going down. She shook her head slightly and when she turned she grabbed her duffel bag after turning her laptop off and placing it in the bag. She picked that up as well and walked out of the room. She left the suitcase in her room, Jimmy could carry it. Adele slung her bag over her shoulder and before she could grab her suitcase Johnny materialized out of nowhere and grabbed it. Jimmy had Elainia’s. Johnny led Adele out of the room and down to the kitchen. They would be starting the tour off in California near home, and then would be leaving by bus, directly from the venue that they played that night.

Elainia had sat through the show and now she was tired and really wanted to sleep but after waking up next to Brian that was all that she could think about. She wanted him to kiss her again, but he wouldn’t even look at her. She was tired of being treated like she was a disease, and it didn’t help that she couldn’t talk to Adele, because the woman was to engrosses it hanging around Johnny. She rolled her eyes and when no one said a word, but started walking toward the buses Elainia followed after taking a sip from the black water bottle that they had given her at the beginning of the show. She stood there for a minute just watching as the guys talked to fans and signed autographs and watched as his eyes never once faltered from what he was doing. So it was a shock when she was the one to notice that something wasn’t right. Then she realized what it was. As the crowd of people thinned way down she saw a shadow move across the alley that was to the left of where their group was headed for the buses. Elainia saw her mother before the others did. She felt as if she was watching herself as she launched herself at her mom to keep her from getting to Adele, at the same time Johnny noticed her mother as well. Elainia got to Adele first, and her mother switched and attacked Brian who was just turning because he heard Elainia yell at Adele.

Brian found himself on his back and fangs at his neck, and he couldn’t move. He went to shove her off of him and she ripped his neck. He would live if he got to the bus. He was floating toward unconsciousness when he felt a wrist at his mouth and then tasted blood. Johnny who was standing beside Brian winced as Adele let Brian take from her. He was not entirely happy about this, but there was nothing he could do short of pulling her away from him and letting his friend die. When he noticed Brian stopped he also noticed Adele was falling and caught her. Between him, Elainia and the other three guys they managed to get Brian and Adele back to the bus. Once they were all on the one bus, it may have been crowded but they were all trying to save one life and make sure the other one had plenty of juice. Adele looked pale and Johnny refused to leave her side. As the others tended to Brian and Adele, Elainia walked off the bus and sat on one of the tables just outside the bus. She didn’t pay attention to the fact that one of the guys followed her out.

“So what’s bugging you ‘Nia? Can I call you that?”

“Yeah sure, everyone else does. And it’s just, look at what this is doing to my best friend. For gods sake she could have died. She cut her wrist to save him, and it was me that the bitch was after not her, not him, me.” The tears started to fall and Zack found that he automatically reached over and pulled her to him. She buried her head on his shoulder and began to cry harder.

“Come on the others are gonna stay with Brian tonight and Adele, lets get you on our bus, it’s just me and you tonight. I know you want to be with Adele, but you can’t. It’s too dangerous.”

“Yeah, everything is too dangerous now, look if you want to stay over here you can, I’ll be fine alone.”

“Nope, Matt said not to leave you alone.”

“Fine whatever.” Elainia led the way to the second bus and climbed on, Zack a few steps behind her. As Elainia ducked into the bathroom to change Zack dropped down onto the bench at the table exhausted. He was thinking about Brian and how he would much rather be over there to help with Brian and Adele, than babysitting a new turn. It wasn’t like he hadn’t witnessed turns before, but the last one he witnessed had turned ugly when the person decided to turn rogue and they had had to kill the last person Jimmy had ever loved with his whole heart. He looked up as Elainia walked out with soaking wet hair and a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt on and Zack’s face paled, there was no way tonight was gonna be a good night. Dammit why wasn’t Jimmy over here with him. He already knew how Brian felt about Elainia, and now he was practically staring at her like she was dinner.

“Look like I said if you wanna go check on him, I’ll be fine alone.”

“Not allowed to leave you alone.” Zacky said trying not to let his eyes wonder down her body.

“Well then I’m going to bed.”

“Fine, no sneaking out if I fall asleep.”

“Bite Me” was her response as she grabbed a bag of blood from the fridge. The bag however ended up on the floor because Zack had her back to the fridge in a heartbeat. Elainia saw the look in his eyes and swallowed hard.

“Don’t tempt me Elainia.” The look in his eyes and the way he said her name was enough to make a normal person back down.

“Is that a threat?”

“Wanna find out?” There was no time to respond however because the minute she opened her mouth to speak his lips crushed hers. She was caught off guard but let him. She didn’t try to push him away and not once did either of them think of Brian as they tore one another’s clothes off. Zack carried her to the only bedroom that was on the bus at the back and laid her on the bed. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her body to his. A low moan escaped her lips as he moved his mouth to her neck. She cried out not with pain but pleasure as his teeth sank into the pulsing vein on her neck. When he moved his lips back to hers she could taste her blood on them. Elaina gave into him completely as he began to enter her. She was completely lost in the moment and not once did the thought that what she was doing was going to hurt her in the end. She was too wrapped up in the man she was with to worry about, let alone think about anything else at that moment.