Sequel: Eternal Rest 2: 4 AM

Eternal Rest

Chapter 9

“Please tell me that a completely dressed Adele is laying in my bunk.”

“Uhm no…”

“Dammit Johnny.”

“Hey she is covered up….”

“With my blanket?”

“Sorry”

“JOHNNY”

“Shh she’s asleep.”

“I don’t give a shit…”

“We need to talk Matt.”

“You are not turning her.”

“Matt…”

“One at a time Johnny, lets get through Nia first…”

“Yeah uhm she’s fine on her own.”

“No, she isn’t”

“Look, man were you not there the other night.”

“I was there. I saw my best friend get his throat sliced open.”

“And Adele saved his ass…”

“Fine Johnny do what you want. But you do it, you’re responsible for her.”

“Fine… and by the way shes in my bunk not yours.” And with that Johnny walked back to Adele.

They were finally ready to leave, and Johnny and Adele had moved their things to the second bus, when Zacky’s cell phone went off. He didn’t recognize the phone number so he didn’t answer it. Johnny had told Brian his plan and he and Nia planned on helping him out with it. After all Nia made it through the turn faster than normal and had already developed several of her senses quicker than normal. So the two of them went ahead and got everything ready. Nia held Adeles hand as Johnny let his fangs slide out to cut his own wrist. Adele swallowed a few drops of his blood and Johnny was wiping away the specks of blood off his wrist when Matt burst onto the bus. He took in the scene before him and bared his own fangs.

“Dammit great now we’re two short…”

“for what?”

“Lana and her gang attacked the hospital. We have to go, you guys have to stay with them…”

“Me and Brian can come, I’m fine and I can help…”

“Fine whatever Johnny you know what to do right?”

“Yeah… Be careful you guys.” And Johnny went back to tending to Adele who smiled sleepily up at him. He lay down beside her and wrapped her in his arms.

When they got to the hospital it looked like there had been a blood bath had occurred and stadning with her fangs sank in Laila Summers neck was Lana. Elainia hit the ground running and somehow managed to send her mother flying across the room, without tearing the doctors throat out. She didn’t care that she was fighting in blood. She was out for only one person’s, her mothers. Lana slammed Nia into the wall and had her there by her throat. Nia used her legs to slam them into her mothers side so she would drop her. Lana let go of her and Nia dropped taking out her mothers legs.

“You have to kill her NIA” Brian yelled from where he was fighting with one of the other vamps.

“SYN I can’t…” He snapped the vamps neck and took a stake out of his back pocket slamming it through the young vamps heart. He dropped the vamp and ran to her.

“Then I will…” and he did just that. Because she wasn’t expecting it, and she was temporarily off guard laughing because her daughter couldn’t kill her. Nia watched her mom fall with a look of terror on her face. She looked into her boyfriend’s eyes.

“Brian…” and she was in his arms a moment later. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me…you’re bleeding…”

“It’s just a scratch.” He grinned as he looked at her. The gash on her side was slowly turning into a scratch, but there was no way in hell it was just a scratch. Even though that was all it was going to be in about five minutes.

“Matt we don’t do something she’s gonna die.”

“Dammit, what the hell. We can’t take on any more new turns!” Matt yelled at Zack and Nia and Brian turned.

“Look Shadows, I’m saving her life…”

“Vengeance…” but it was too late Zacks wrist was gushing blood a moment later and it was at her mouth. She barely noticed anything though because she was out. “Your carrying her” Matt said and turned his back to look at mess that they had left. All the vamps that had died had ashed and the ones that had lived had fled. They had about ten minutes to get out of there and they now had an extra person.

“You guys need a little help?” a female said from across the room.

“Who the hell are you?” Matt said tossing up an arm to stop Zack and the others. Jimmy turned his head to look at Matt.

“The good guys…is she alive?” the raven haired woman asked nodding in Zacks direction.

“Yeah, she’s probably gonna die though if we don’t get back…”

“We got blood at our place…Hey wait a minute is that Laila Summers?”

“Yeah”

“Fuck”

“Problem?” Jimmy asked.

“What the hell happened to her?”

“My mom…” Elainia said stepping forward.

“A new turn how cute…and what would mommy want with her…?”

“She helped Zack earlier…” Brian said cautiously.

“Hey okay you guys need to figure something out, she doesn’t look like much, but when it comes to dead weight even a vamp can’t handle that for this length of time.”

“We’re headed back to the buses…”

“We can get you there faster.”

“Who the hell are you?” Jimmy asked.

“Nevaeh and Chryslyn Williams”

“Who, wait don’t matter I don’t know you, I don’t trust you, you’re obviously vamps but I’m also older…”

“Ha, how do you know that?” The raven haired girl asked.

“You were born in 1888. Laila is your granddaughter twice removed, you’ve been watching over your descendents ever since Marius, who’s dead by the way, turned you and Chryslyn because he had a twin fetish. Want me to go on?”

“Only older vamps can read our minds…”

“I’m 328 and the only person in this group that can read my mind is Jimmy, I am also a born vamp…”

“You mean Vamps can have kids?” Elainia asked shocked. She was gonna have to be way more careful now that she knew that.

“Not know baby.” Brian whispered.

“Okay look we have like three minutes can we get out of here?” Zacky asked. They all took off and followed after the two female vampires.

Johnny was curled up beside Adele, but he wasn’t asleep when he heard the rest of the gang return. He got up leaving a sleeping Adele on his bunk. He was shocked to see that there were three more additional people with the guys and Nia. He raised an eyebrow at Matt.

“Chryslyn and Nevaeh Williams, this is Johnny Seward, otherwise known as Johnny Christ. Johnny the twins.”

“Uhm why do I smell new turn.. And I don’t’ mean Nia or Adele?”

“Zacky had to play hero and save the nice doctor.”

“She’s gonna kill him by the way…”

“Shut the hell up!” Jimmy said turning to the blonde twin. She looked at him in shock but she did as she was told.