Punk Rock Princess

Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

My dad has always told me I got my love of running from my mom. I find it hard to believe, my mom doesn't seem to be the kind of person who runs from things. I guess things could have been different back then, I'm not sure. I do love to run though, running is a release. When I run my anger, sadness, and frustration just drifts away. I don't run to get away from things, I run to forget it for a little while.

By this time I had run through many bad neighborhoods and now I was in an upscale community resembling my own. I slowed to a walk and looked around at my surroundings. Up the street I saw a group of boys skateboarding in a long driveway. I decided to stop and ask directions back to The Oaks, where I lived. I came closer and got a better look at them, they were fairly attractive. Well one of them was gorgeous I'm not going to lie. I stopped at the end of the driveway and watched for a minute.

"Do you think you could tell me how to get back the Oaks?" I asked with a little smile.
"Um sure. Turn around and keep going straight and then make a left at Colerain and keep going. You'll run right into it...I'm Vince Bennington," Vince, the hot boy said.
"Thanks, I'm Ava," I said with a bigger smile.
"What no last name?" Another boy asked.
"Nope, just Ava." I said with a chuckle.
"You're new here aren't you? What highschool are you going to?" The same boy asked.
"Yeah, my family just moved here from Cincinnati. I'm going Queen Of Peace," I said with a sigh.
"Too bad. We all go to the public school," Vince said.
"Well I have to go, my dad is probably freaking out," I said with a laugh and I turned and walked in the other direction.

I ran most of the way home, when I reached the house I saw even more cars in the driveway. I walked in to the house to find the livingroom full of kids and women I didn't know, the rest of the band, and of course Ryland, my mom, and dad. When my dad noticed me he motioned for me to come in and meet them.