Punk Rock Princess

Early Sunsets

High school is the same everywhere. You have all your groups and all the tension between the groups. New Jersey was no different. The high school I was going to attend in Cincinnati had been an all girl school. I know you probably think it's weird but I was the one who had chosen it. Here I didn't have a choice there was only two high schools, both co-ed.

When Ryland and I had gotten our schedules we set out to find our lockers. Ryland put his lock on and left me to go find his homeroom. My locker was of course right next to his, I knelt down to unload all my binders into my locker when I was hit square in the face by a falling book bag which consequently forced me to the ground.

"Mother fucker," I sighed.
"I'm really sorry! I didn't see you there!" I heard a boy stammer. I looked up. This kid was cute.
"It's fine, I don't think you broke anything," I said with a chuckle.
"Good wouldn't want a broken nose on the first day of school. I'm Gabe," He said as he gave me a hand up.
"What no last name?" I asked with a smirk.
"Nope," He said with a chuckle.
"I'm Ava," I said.
"Oh so you don't have a last name either," He shot back jokingly.
"Obviously we're just that damn cool," I said trying to think of something to say.
"So I know if you were from around here I'd have noticed you, where did you come from?" He asked as we began wandering down the hallway.
"Nice way to fit in a compliment and question," I said laughing,"but my family moved here from Cincinnati because of my dad's job." I sighed. Vagueness can be a good thing.
"Ah I see. What does your dad do?" He pryed.
"Well mister aren't you nosy," I said reading the numbers on the door,"this is my homeroom, I have to go." I said smiling.
"This is my friend Chad's homeroom, I'll tell him to keep and eye out for you." He said with a chuckle and he continued down the hallway, a lot of kids called out his name and yelled greetings. This Gabe was popular.