Punk Rock Princess

Screws Fall Out

I was a little shocked at what my brother had said to me. How could he side with these people? How could he be totally accepting of this? I shook Gabe's arm off me, I took a step back from him. Things were slowly spiarling out of control, my thoughts jumbled, my plams began to sweat. I was about to do something rash that I would probably regret later but right now I felt so sure of myself. I looked around the room watching the eyes of the many people dart from me to my dad to Ryland. I took a deep breath in and slowly readied myself for what was about to happen.
"I hate it here, I always have. I don't just hate it because it's never warm and sunny I hate it because your all here and all my friends are back in Cincinnati. I don't want any part of this family anymore" I snarled as I felt Gabe make a move to engulf me in a hug. I flinched away.
"No Gabe," I said with a sad tone as I turned to face him,"I don't know what I was thinking I can't be with you. You're a part of this family and you love it and I can't ruin that for you."
Everyone looked at Gabe. I had hurt him and I knew it. Right now I couldn't be worried about him though, I had myself to think about. I saw my dad slowly get up and walk towards me. He looked at me and gave me a look that none could compare to. It was a look of pure sorrow, regret, disappointment and sadness. My father pulled back his hand and slapped me across the face which sent me stumbling backwards towards the wall. I put my hand to my face and looked at him, tears welling in my eyes. No one had ever hit me before and the shock was overwhelming.
"Ava things are going to be changing around here. Without your mother I'm just as much, maybe even more, alone as you. I'm going to need your help along with all your uncles, please stop trying to find a someone to place the blame on. This isn't anyone's fault, even as a kid Abby was sick a lot." My dad said looking at me with big sad eyes. He stepped towards me to hug me. I backed away, crying now. Hysetrics had set in and I was not about to stay here to let everyone enjoy the waterworks. I back through the doorway and ran. Just like my mother I ran. I ran fast for a short time and found myself at a park where some kids my age were hanging out. One of the girls I had met before and she didn't hesitate to call me over.