‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

The Mistake

Upon hearing what the wicked woman before me said, I went into utter shock. I wouldn’t even move. When combined with the nightmare I just had, it was understandable that I would be upset. But, the problem was that I couldn’t snap out of it. So, while I sat there motionless, I felt someone nudge me. “Summer, snap out of it. It’s not the time for any of this,” Scarlet insisted.

Despite my cousin’s plea for me to come out of shock, I didn’t respond. I couldn’t bring myself to do so. What the red-headed woman told us had freaked me out so much that all I could do was sit there listening to what was occurring around me. And, though aware of my current surroundings, I couldn’t do anything about it. There was no way for me say or do anything until I came out of this shock. I could only sit and watch, no matter how much I didn’t want to.

While I was sitting there trying to will myself to come out of shock as Scarlet asked me to, I noticed that the red-head and the blonde were off on the other side of the room talking. It was in hushed tones, but it could still be heard. “Hey, Allison, how do you think those interlopers will react to finding out that their daughters have been kidnapped?” the blonde asked.

The red-head that seemed to be known as Allison laughed. “They’ll be pissed,” she said. “And, justly so. After everything that you and I went through because of them, I want them to pay; I want them to suffer for what they did to us. We were supposed to marry the Jonas Brothers; those girls over there never should have been born. They never should have existed. Remember, I nearly married Kevin, meaning that Seraphina Mackenzie Jonas never should have existed. I should have been Kevin’s wife, not that bitch Amanda.”

It was at that moment that I came out of shock. Something that Allison mentioned had snapped me out of my shock. Scarlet nudged me, yet again. “Summer, did you hear that?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I did. Scarlet, I don’t think that you were supposed to be kidnapped. Seraphina was; she was supposed to accompany me over to the Henries’ house in order to figure out what was going on with our family. As it turned out though, Aunt A insisted that Phina stay home to watch over Tommy while she headed out to New York. Ultimately, that’s the reason that you were asked to accompany me over there. That’s also the reason that you ended up here with me; these kidnappers made a mistake and thought that you were Seraphina. I’m not really sure how they could make that mistake though.”

“Yeah, and it seems as if Seraphina is the only one who can help us. Remember, you two have that connection that allows you two to communicate through thought. Me being here will allow Seraphina to come find us,” Scarlet said. “One mistake will be our lucky break.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.