‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Hating Betsy and Amanda

For a few hours, Scarlet and I could do absolutely nothing other than sit and watch as our captors bitched and complain about Mom and Aunt A. Finally, I got so sick of hearing them talk about our family in such a way that I called attention to them. “Would you just tell us what’s going on here? Why do you hate our mothers so vehemently?” I asked, referring to me and Seraphina, who our captors didn’t realize was still back at home with our family.

“How about you two were never supposed to exist!” Allison yelled. “Your mothers were never supposed to marry Kevin and Joe; we were. Your mothers were supposed to return to Pennsylvania and stay out of the Jonas Brothers lives. During early January of 2009, Amanda did indeed go back to Pennsylvania, but Betsy remained in California to be a thorn in our side. Betsy stuck around and, though we were able to get her out of the Jonas house, she was still in California, and a cast member in JONAS. This bothered us, but what really bothered us was the fact that a friend of ours refused to go on the Jonas Brothers 2009 World Tour with us unless Betsy and Amanda were allowed to come with. At that point, I was engaged to Kevin, so having his ex-girlfriend accompany us on the World Tour was not very enjoyable, particularly since Zora and I were planning my wedding.”

I glared at Allison. You were supposed to be married to Uncle Kevin?” I asked in utter shock. It was way too unbelievable. Uncle Kevin and Aunt A seemed so perfect together. Allison having married Uncle Kevin would seem really weird, rather than it being Aunt Amanda. “If you were supposed to marry Uncle Kevin, how was it that you didn’t?”

Allison growled. “It was because of your dumbass mother that I wasn’t married to Kevin. Despite the fact that I never invited Betsy to the wedding, she somehow snuck into the wedding and used a message she recorded from her sister to break the hypnosis spell that Zora placed on him for me when I learned that he was still in love with Amanda.”

“What?” Scarlet yelled. “How dare you? If you want to make a guy fall for you, having a good personality and treating people with respect is the proper thing to do. You two obviously don’t do that. It’s no wonder that the both of you were dumped. You’re cruel!”

The woman that I suspect to be Zora spoke up. “Yeah, well, the both of you will be gotten rid of. Because of what your mothers did to us two decades ago, now we will destroy their lives by killing their daughters. Not only did your mothers ruin or hopes of marrying the Jonas Brothers, but they also sent us to prison; we were convicted of killing Karleigh Mackenzie Fox, an ex-friend of ours. We hoped that her death would delay the Jonas-Weimar double wedding. It didn’t. Karleigh’s twin sister, Kimberleigh—of whom we had no clue even existed—showed up as the wedding as a substitute for her sister. Nine months later, just after you two were born, Zora and I were charged and eventually convicted of her murder.”

Once this was mentioned to us, Scarlet’s fists clenched up. “Summer, they killed my aunt. I guess that explains why my middle name is Karleigh; it was done to honor my aunt. Summer, they need to pay for what they did; I lost the opportunity to get to know my aunt because these two were too jealous of Aunt A and Aunt Z to care that Uncle Kevin and Uncle Joe loved them. It just isn’t right for me to have to suffer because of that.”

“I know, Scarlet,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Allison and Zora have finally revealed their disdain for Summer and Seraphina, for what Betsy and Amanda did.

Comment and subscribe.